is this plummers final year in denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    Personally, I'm really hoping that Cutler will learn and mature behind Jake (without picking up his bad habits) for a season or two. Then, Plummer will step down as the starter in favor of Jay and assume the role of backup veteran (something we haven't had since Steve Beuerlein retired).

I don't want Cutler being thrown in the fire before he's ready only to be quickly labeled a "bust" if he isn't successful right away. I really hope we Denver fans give this guy a chance to be Jay Cutler and not expect an instant John Elway!
    Everyone did that with Jake! I am starting to believe that that is what denver fans IN denver do. Bring out the John Elway Measuring stick.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      Cutler will be backup for at least 2 years and I bet it's more like 3.
      Yeah I agree with 3 that sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
        Everyone did that with Jake! I am starting to believe that that is what denver fans IN denver do. Bring out the John Elway Measuring stick.
        It's even worse than that. Elway came close to retiring in his prime in the early '90's, because of how the Denver fans and media were ripping him apart. Can't win the big game, blah, blah.

For such a small city, Denver has got to be both the best and worst place to play. Things are a little better now that they have the other sports, but in the late '80's and early '90's the town seemed to live and die by Elway and the Broncos.

Now that Elway did get a couple rings, I think it will be decades before people stop comparing QB's to him.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

To be honest I think it all depends #1 on how well Jake plays this year and #2 on how far into the playoffs the broncos go
          Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
            To be honest I think it all depends #1 on how well Jake plays this year and #2 on how far into the playoffs the broncos go
            #3 how quickly Shanny, Dennison and Heimlicher think that Cutler is ready to start. However, I think #1 will be the biggest factor and #2 and #3 will only come into play if #1 is the driving force.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I agree. I just think it would be stupid for them to put Jake on the bench for this kid who really hasnt proven a thing. When Jake is clearly the second best QB to wear the orange and blue. I agree with getting a guy for the future, moreso after the Snake era.

Comment

I agree. I just think it would be stupid for them to put Jake on the bench for this kid who really hasnt proven a thing. When Jake is clearly the second best QB to wear the orange and blue. I agree with getting a guy for the future, moreso after the Snake era.
                He certainly is the best QB since Elway, not sure about before.

I don't see Jake riding the pine behind Cutler. Cutler will be on the bench until he is better than Jake, and then Jake will be gone. My guess is 2007 or 2008, if I was betting, I would say 2008 (barring an injury that thrust Cutler into the starting role).

sigpic

Comment

true, I can see things really happening for him in 2008 which is where I would imagine the Snake era coming to a close, but Jake has been getting better every year, but who knows? The Snake very well could take us to the next couple of superbowls with victories eh?

Comment

true, I can see things really happening for him in 2008 which is where I would imagine the Snake era coming to a close, but Jake has been getting better every year, but who knows? The Snake very well could take us to the next couple of superbowls with victories eh?
                    Sure hope so. If Walker plays like he did in 2004, and with our CB's a little more seasoned, I think we have as good a shot as anyone to get to and win the SB.

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I'm really hoping that Cutler will learn and mature behind Jake (without picking up his bad habits) for a season or two. Then, Plummer will step down as the starter in favor of Jay and assume the role of backup veteran (something we haven't had since Steve Beuerlein retired).

I don't want Cutler being thrown in the fire before he's ready only to be quickly labeled a "bust" if he isn't successful right away. I really hope we Denver fans give this guy a chance to be Jay Cutler and not expect an instant John Elway!
                      That is problem the most likely outcome. Something slow so he can develop and be the teams future.
                      President Cool

Comment

Working...
                      X