Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

out of interest, how many vanderbilt players were drafted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of interest, how many vanderbilt players were drafted?

apart from jay, obviously.

i keep hearing how bad his team were, how many players from there got drafted through the 7 rounds.

Not sure if any got drafted but I know Jay said yesterday that he was the only player from Vanderbilt to be invited to the scouting combine.
    sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

None, as in zero, as in not a single one.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
        None, as in zero, as in not a single one.
        WOW

not ONE player on D, O, ST - the WHOLE team got drafted through nearly 300 picks?!!!!!!

i don't watch much college football but i guess they were not in the same league as USC or TEXAS?

i did hear that he put up over 40 points TWICE almost single handed and they lost BOTH GAMES

were they THAT bad?

Comment

Not a one other than Jay, that is a testament to how much Cutler has helped Vandy these past years... you take Cutler from that team last year, they would NOT have beat Tennessee.
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
            WOW

not ONE player on D, O, ST - the WHOLE team got drafted through nearly 300 picks?!!!!!!

i don't watch much college football but i guess they were not in the same league as USC or TEXAS?

i did hear that he put up over 40 points TWICE almost single handed and they lost BOTH GAMES

were they THAT bad?
            You bet your ass they were. It was pretty sad. Now their best player is probably freshman (soon-to-be sophomore) wideout Earl Bennett, and it's possible that Jay Cutler had to do with making him look good.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
              Not a one other than Jay, that is a testament to how much Cutler has helped Vandy these past years... you take Cutler from that team last year, they would NOT have beat Tennessee.
              I'd go so far as to say that without Cutler, they probably would've gone 1-10 last year with their only victory coming against Division 1-AA Richmond.

Comment

Ouch, easy guys. I havent looked officially, but I believe Jay was the only one drafted. I know WR Erik Davis has signed as a free agent with the Patriots. Also, MLB Moses Osemwegie and TE Dustin Dunning will get a shot.

About being bad, Jay first year as a starter was the coaching staffs first year. They have made improvements every year and were robbed of a bowl game last year in the Swamp. Jay was a HUGE part to how good we were last year though. But Vandy has a legit shot at a bowl this year, we have 2 back up QBs, both with the same style as Cutler. We are the same if not better at every other position.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                  I'd go so far as to say that without Cutler, they probably would've gone 1-10 last year with their only victory coming against Division 1-AA Richmond.
                  Yea I didn't know their whole record, but I figured they woulda been much worse without Jay, for a player like that to help put them in position to almost make a Bowl game... he had to have been great..

I am excited to see him in the preseason
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

The point is that the SEC is probably one of the best conferences (if not THE best) in all of college football. Vanderbilt, didn't have much else, especially on offense. Yet Cutler still managed to win the SEC Offensive player of the year. That means he was better than anyone Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, or Mississippi St could offer.

That alone is impressive, to know that he did it with very little of a supporting cast is even more important.

Cutler has all of the tools, whether or not that can translate into the NFL remains to be seen. But he will have all the time he needs to learn the system, adapt to the NFL, and prepare himself for the challenges ahead.
                    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DoreFan15
                      Ouch, easy guys. I havent looked officially, but I believe Jay was the only one drafted. I know WR Erik Davis has signed as a free agent with the Patriots. Also, MLB Moses Osemwegie and TE Dustin Dunning will get a shot.

About being bad, Jay first year as a starter was the coaching staffs first year. They have made improvements every year and were robbed of a bowl game last year in the Swamp. Jay was a HUGE part to how good we were last year though. But Vandy has a legit shot at a bowl this year, we have 2 back up QBs, both with the same style as Cutler. We are the same if not better at every other position.

Are you on crack. I work at Vanderbilt go to the games. You actually think the two QB's are going to just take over for Jay! Come on! I tell you what anytime you want to go watch a Vandy game I will go with you and you can point out to me how Adams or Chris Nickson can get it done. My friend Jay was special - not the team!

----------------------------------------------
                      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Vanderbilt had 3 players drafted the entire time Cutler was there.

2003 5 166 Hunter Hillenmeyer OLB Green Bay
                        2005 6 189 Jovan Haye DE Carolina
                        2005 6 197 Justin Geisinger G Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                        X