No announcement yet.

Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Scheffler ranked as the 2nd best TE in the draft. He is very similar to Klop, but faster. You have to apply the upside factor to the pick as he was also playing baseball, and he should get better.

Comment

i like the pick. i have seen him play before. his hands are good and he has decent speed. he could make an impact on the broncos.
      raiders SUCKGOBRONCOS

Javon Walker is a BRONCO
      R.I.P Darrent Williams

Comment

Originally posted by ManoRodriquez
        TE TONY SCHEFFLER
        Just because the Broncos' final Saturday acquisition isn't widely known outside of southwest Michigan and the Mid-American Conference doesn't mean that the 6-foot-5 1/2 tight end doesn't come with some impressive credentials -- and the ability to contribute immediately.
        "I don't see why not," Sundquist said. "I think his receiving skills are as good as any tight end we've had around here in a long time, and that goes back to No. 84 (Shannon Sharpe). I'm not saying better than 84' I'm saying 'as good as.'
        "He's bigger than Vernon Davis. He's longer than Vernon Davis. They both weigh the same amount. He's got longer arms and bigger hands. His short-area quickness at the Combine -- he was first in three-cone, first in the corner shuttle, and first in the 20 shuttle. So you're talking about a guy who, athletically, is as good as Vernon Davis."
        And one who could be better now that he devotes his full year to football.
        "This guy played baseball in the spring and didn't go through spring ball, and baseball players -- as far as I know -- are not constantly in the weight room trying to build themselves up," Sundquist said. "The upside to me is unbelievable.
        "I think we were very fortunate to still have Scheffler there."
        And his acquisition brought a strong ending to a productive day.

Link

Not sure if this has been posted but I like what I see from this guy ?!?! .... if its been posted sorry for spamming ..... but hope yall enjoy it ?
        at first I was a little mad that we passed on Pope but after reading up on Scheffler, this guy could be a steal. Second highest 40 time behind Davis but beat him in almost everyother catagorie. In Shanahan's 2nd day press conf. he mentioned Brandon Marshall also could be converted to tightend because of his size, sounds like it will be an interesting battle for the starting job. Whoever wins will be on my fantasy roster

Comment

not that familiar with this guy, but from what i've read he sounds like he'll be a good fit in Denver's system

Comment

i trust shanny but with dayll tapp, byrd, and pope still on the board, i dont think this was a great pick
            @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
              at first I was a little mad that we passed on Pope but after reading up on Scheffler, this guy could be a steal. Second highest 40 time behind Davis but beat him in almost everyother catagorie. In Shanahan's 2nd day press conf. he mentioned Brandon Marshall also could be converted to tightend because of his size, sounds like it will be an interesting battle for the starting job. Whoever wins will be on my fantasy roster
              Actually correction, Sheffler only beat VD on short sprint events at the combine
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                Well, the one you are really arguing with is a GM in the NFL. You are correct that the performance on the field is what is important, but the factors and the figures cited by Sundquist all point to what a player can do on the field.

There was another Davis who, if you considered only the times in the 10, 20, and 40, you would have rejected up front. I speak of one Terrell Davis. You just have to take allllll factors into consideration. Sunquist was hinting that the Broncos may have gotten the second best TE in the draft. I see no reason so far to disagree.

-----
                Agreed, you cant only look at times, you have to watch em play.....

I cant say he wont be the second best TE for Recieving, he could even be the best.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                X