Hmmmmmm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmmm?

Here's the line of thinking that has been going through my head this evening:

I like Jay Cutler, and I think that he is definately the QB of the future.....the distant future since Plummer has 4 years left on his contract. I realize that the best amount of time in the learning position as a QB is 3 years in the NFL, so this would have had to happen at the latest next year.

However, if we would have stood pat with the 15 & 22nd picks, we would have been able to acquire S Jason Allen who went at 16, and DE Manny Lawson @ #22. I think we still would have been able to get Javon by converting the #61 & 68 picks for the Packers, because their price for Javon dropped once the first round was done. We would've been out Tony Scheffler & Jay Cutler but would have really added quality depth in Allen to a marginal backfield & added a superb DE in Lawson to a questionable line.

What are your thoughts? (thought I'd give that new one a try)

I really like the draft the browncos made. I think it's a A- draft. We are stocking up for the future and got just enough (WR, TE, DE) to help use out for the present. I wouldn't change much of this draft.
    President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by MTRaiderHater
      Here's the line of thinking that has been going through my head this evening:

I like Jay Cutler, and I think that he is definately the QB of the future.....the distant future since Plummer has 4 years left on his contract. I realize that the best amount of time in the learning position as a QB is 3 years in the NFL, so this would have had to happen at the latest next year.

However, if we would have stood pat with the 15 & 22nd picks, we would have been able to acquire S Jason Allen who went at 16, and DE Manny Lawson @ #22. I think we still would have been able to get Javon by converting the #61 & 68 picks for the Packers, because their price for Javon dropped once the first round was done. We would've been out Tony Scheffler & Jay Cutler but would have really added quality depth in Allen to a marginal backfield & added a superb DE in Lawson to a questionable line.

What are your thoughts? (thought I'd give that new one a try)
      No, no, no, no, and no

We wouldn't have gotten Javon, no way in hell... We'd only have the #61 pick because we got the #68 pick when we traded it to San Fran for the #22 pick. We got that and the #37 pick which was used to aquire Javon Walker, and that was their best offer received, and we would have had a late second otherwise(#61), so we would have never had the chance to take Javon.

And we definitely wouldn't have taken Allen, since we didn't take a safety throughout the whole draft.

Most likely, if we would have kept the 2 1sts, we would have traded up for Vernon Davis
      sigpic

Comment

Thats true. I forgot that we got the #37 and #61 for the #22.

RTB7, what do you think about us passing on Darryl Tapp at #61?

Comment

Working...
        X