• Show
Clear All

• Did we really get Mike Bell?

I havn't seen anything official

Yes check WABroncos link.

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever
      Yes check WABroncos link.
      That's only on a message board though, he doesn't provide anything official... Haven't seen it on the Broncos homepage or KFFL(The official stuff) yet neither.
      sigpic

Comment

Ya that's what I was wondering as well kffl hasn't reported yet that I have seen, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro
          Ya that's what I was wondering as well kffl hasn't reported yet that I have seen, but who knows.
          I'm thinking that Denver is waiting until everyone that they are going to sign signs, and then they will officially announce it.

Because no one else has signed him yet.
          sigpic

Comment

Can someone bring me up to date on Mike Bell....why the hype for someone who went undrafted??

Why didn't someone pick him up??

Just curious...I want to know more about him.

Comment

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=41645

Comment

Those look like some good pickups, especially Mike Bell and that fullback from Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                  Those look like some good pickups, especially Mike Bell and that fullback from Notre Dame.
                  That guy was a monster in the Notre Dame games I saw...very physical runner. I would say that he easily has the athleticism to play RB or H-back.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                    Can someone bring me up to date on Mike Bell....why the hype for someone who went undrafted??

Its probably because he seems to resemble Terrell Davis more then any other RB in this draft and he is a good guy who grew up a Broncos fan. He has said that he really wants to play for the Broncos and he a Denver type of Running back. Personally I havent really seen him play that much though.
                    sigpic

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3770752
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                        Good read, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle

There were a lot of talented players that went later then predicted this year. Oshinowo and Eslinger in the 6th for example.

Mike Bell had a 4th round grade according to most draft resources, and if you read the Denver Post link apparently he told teams that he'd rather play for the Broncos then get drafted by them (those other teams).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=4
                          Click on the camera next to Mike Bell.

His style looks like a real good fit for our system. Definitely a better fit then Quentin Griffen
                          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by NASurfer
                            There were a lot of talented players that went later then predicted this year. Oshinowo and Eslinger in the 6th for example.

Mike Bell had a 4th round grade according to most draft resources, and if you read the Denver Post link apparently he told teams that he'd rather play for the Broncos then get drafted by them (those other teams).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=4
                            Click on the camera next to Mike Bell.

His style looks like a real good fit for our system. Definitely a better fit then Quentin Griffen
                            He's a BEAST!!!

MIKE BELL!
                            sigpic

Comment

i've been a u of a student for the four years that mike bell's been a player for our football team. i personally think mikes a great talent and never was given the opportunity to really showcase his skills.

our team was absolutely aweful for the first two years he was with us and in his third year, it was the first year of our new coach, mike stoops. mikes done a great job turning the team around but our o-line hasnt been up to par for years.

bell stuck around and went through the near mutiny by the team the first two years and stuck to his commitment. during his third year, he developed a bit of fumbilitus, which may have cost us a game or two. but he stuck with it and the problem seemed to dissapeer last year. so this shows that mikes not only a team sorta guy, but also has the ability to work on his problems and fix them.

as far as the TD comparisons, their speed is similar and they'll both play through injuries. bell also didnt do as much in college as he could have because of the team upheaval and lack of a solid o-line. he runs tough, isnt afraid of contact, and can make a guy or two miss. with him behind our o-line, if he can control his fumbles, i think bell can be really great. if mike had a good o-line during his time here, i think he easily could have put up bush or white type of numbers, he just never got the chance to.

Comment

Working...
                              X