Elvis = Mecklenberg reborn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis = Mecklenberg reborn?

Let me take you back to a draft long, long ago in 1983 when a DE that nobody paid attention to was drafted by Dan Reeves...Karl Mecklenberg was his name and the number he was given during the preseason was 99...that number was given to the player that nobody expected to make the team..he had been drafted in the 12th round that year.

Everybody said, "he's too small, he doesn't way enough, he's too slow"....

I remember watching him that preseason, hoping the underdog would show something that nobody else saw...Slowly, he made it through all of the cuts and I saw what an exciting player he was...

He could play LB or DE and he didn't care as long as he got to play. His enthusiam and character made me think of Gradishar and before long he was a player that the Broncos couldn't do without. Before long he was a 6 time Pro Bowler, played in 3 Super Bowls and went down in history as one of the Broncos best ever player.

No Dumdervil wan't drafted in the last round but his ability was probably overlooked for the exact same reason as Meck was...He doesn't have the size or weight that everybody was looking for but he certainly is the underdog that we have historically picked and made famous in years past.

Come on gimme a CP....
    I Love Orange Crush!

Mecklenberg played like every position. He was one of a kind, and I really cant see elvis being anything like him. I hope he turns out to be a good pass rusher though.
    PS- People wont give you a CP when u beg for them
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
      Mecklenberg played like every position. He was one of a kind, and I really cant see elvis being anything like him. I hope he turns out to be a good pass rusher though.
      PS- People wont give you a CP when u beg for them
      Ok, I won't beg anymore...but Elvis just reminds me of Meck...He was truly a one of kind player...How many poeple remember what his number was his first preseason? I don't even think you can look that up...

He was drafted as a DE and turned into an LB and IMO he was better than Gradishar or Tommy Jackson ( which takes some balls on my part since I went to Gradishar's church and bagged TJ's groceries)...and later Meck's church

Meck was one of a kind BECAUSE he came from nowhere but Elvis is the same type of player and time will tell...Meck was as great because his talent was desire and aggressiveness...It seems to me that Elvis is similar...To accomplish what he did at his size is incredible...He seems to be a OLB to me...
      I Love Orange Crush!

Comment

Originally posted by jpark31
        Ok, I won't beg anymore...but Elvis just reminds me of Meck...He was truly a one of kind player...How many poeple remember what his number was his first preseason? I don't even think you can look that up...

He was drafted as a DE and turned into an LB and IMO he was better than Gradishar or Tommy Jackson ( which takes some balls on my part since I went to Gradishar's church and bagged TJ's groceries)...and later Meck's church

Meck was one of a kind BECAUSE he came from nowhere but Elvis is the same type of player and time will tell...Meck was as great because his talent was desire and aggressiveness...It seems to me that Elvis is similar...To accomplish what he did at his size is incredible...He seems to be a OLB to me...
        I remember...The only reason Joe Collier kept Meck the first year was because Meck had three sacks in the final preseason game. Had he not had such a good final game, he may have been cut and not to be heard from again.

And the reason Meck was drafted at all, was that he had the highest Wonderlic score of any player in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by jpark31

Well I would LOVE if Dummerville (quite an odd name ) can be anything like Karl
          sigpic

Comment

Elvis Dumervil is going to be great

okay i got on this board just so you guys will know what yall are getting...as you can tell from my name i am a Louisville Cardinal Fan and football season ticket holder...Dumervil is pound for pound one of the best DL i have ever seen and all the hits he has been taking from Mel's draft board cause of his size i wouldnt believe them if i was you guys. The man has to much heart to be stop, well three blockers does and that is what he was seeing most of the last 5 games in the 2005 season. Hell look what Vick had to do get him off his butt in the gator bowl.
            I just hope i have let yall get an idea of what you guys are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by ULfan
              okay i got on this board just so you guys will know what yall are getting...as you can tell from my name i am a Louisville Cardinal Fan and football season ticket holder...Dumervil is pound for pound one of the best DL i have ever seen and all the hits he has been taking from Mel's draft board cause of his size i wouldnt believe them if i was you guys. The man has to much heart to be stop, well three blockers does and that is what he was seeing most of the last 5 games in the 2005 season. Hell look what Vick had to do get him off his butt in the gator bowl.
              I just hope i have let yall get an idea of what you guys are getting.
              Anybody with 20 sacks in one season is definately worth a look. This is a guy I've wanted for several months now. When I saw his name as one of our 4th round picks, I was extremely excited................And right after Brandon Marshall, another guy I wanted us to draft. ..................Plus, we signed Mike Bell.................This is going to end up being a fantastic draft for us.

Comment

Working...
              X