Updated UDFA List!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManoRodriquez
    Kinda surprise he was not drafted but I am happy he will have a chance to play with the Broncos .... find it funny what he said to NFL teams LOL ...

"Mike Bell said he told some NFL teams he would rather go undrafted and be a Bronco than be selected by them.

He got his wish."
    Haha, he's already awesome!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanBronco
      NICE we got freakin Powers! that guy IS a beast. I've always liked him as a fullback. And also nice about Bell.
      Yea, he's a hammer down by the goalline.

Comment

From Scouts, Inc. - ESPN DRAFT MAG

Mike Bell RB Arizona

++Size
        +Reliable and durable load-carrying slasher, with good overall size and the frame to get bigger. Finds the crease with good vision and patience. SHows good burst, quickness and outside acceleration. Looks faster on film than his 40 time would indicate. As a receiver, Bell has good hands and works hard to find the soft spots in the zones. An adequate blocker who should be able to match up in the NFL if technique and awareness improve. Hard worker and a leader.

--Speed
        -More quick than fast. A straight-line runner who lacks a second gear and elusiveness in space. Not overpowering despite his size. Runs too high at times and sometimes looks to avoid contact. Has recognition problems in pass protection and doesn't use sufficient leverage. Not a home run threat as a receiver.

Comparison: Shawn Bryson, Lions
        Rashon Powers-Neal FB Notre Dame

++Rushing
        +A powerful north-south runner with decent speed and athleticism for a FB. Has good burst to the line. Runs with god pad-leveland will break arm tackles and push the pile. Plants and drives quickly for his size and is a successful cutback runner when isolated against a weakside safety. Will run over smaller defenders. A decent outlet receiver with improving hands and feel. Has good size and pop potential.

--Blocking
        -Doesn't yet possess the bulk, strength, toughness, and technique to cut it as a blocker at the next level. Needs a wider base and more powerin the phone booth, and must take better angles as an iso blocker. Enters the point of attack too high at times. A straight-line runner who lacks elusiveness in space and a secoond gear. As a receiver, Powers-Neal must become better at reading coverages and finding soft spots in zones

Comparison: Nick Goings
        Cameron Vaughn ILB LSU

++Motor
        +Big and tenacious, relentless in pursuit, yet also stays under control in space, rarely missing a tackle. Vaughn gets adequate depth on zone drops and generally does nice job of reading the quarterback's eyes in underneath zone coverage. Has lined up outside and has special-teams upside.

--Explosiveness
        -Won't knock many defenders back at the point of attack. Lacks lateral mobility to consistently slip blocks in space and winds up running around too many blocks. Seems hesitant playing the run. Doesn't have great closing speed or initial burst, so he won't make many plays in pursuit. Vaught is slow to the quarterback on blitzes. Lacks change-of-direction skills and explosion out of cuts to stay with running backs or tight ends in man-to-man coverage.

Comparison: Monty Beisel, Patriots
        NFL DRAFT FORECAST

TYLER EVERETT

Safety - Ohio State
        Height: 6'1"
        Weight: 196

Tyler Everett is a very a good safety but has not had enough playing time to prove it quite yet. He has nice speed and possesses good coverage in zone defensive schemes, and he has good hands also. He is a fairly decent open field tackler with decent size. He also is pretty aggressive on the field. Everett though is still very unproven when he needs to cover man-to-man. At Ohio State, he has played only in dime formations. This season shouldn't be any different; Nate Salley and Donte Whitner are two safeties ahead of Everett on the Ohio State depth chart, they are both terrific players so Everett will most likely not see anytime as a starter at safety. Everett will need to continue to show that he is a solid dime back for NFL. As of now, Everett will be a late second day pick, but his draft stock could increase to early- to mid- second day throughout this season.
        Top Draft Steals - Short Antwon Burton Profile

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12371762/wid/7279844/

5th best steal

5. Antwon Burton, DT, Temple
        Burton might turn some scouts off because he is soft-bodied and fleshy and doesn't work out well. But focus on his play and it's clear he gets the job done. Burton has good instincts and quickness, which enables him to get off the ball very quickly. When he is aggressive with hands, he can jolt the offensive linemen and disrupt plays in the backfield. Burton has the natural strength to control offensive linemen. He is a consistently disruptive force against inside runs, and if he learns to bend his knees, he could become a dominant defensive tackle. Burton is never going to be a great pass rusher, but he has the talent to be a productive nose tackle.

====================================

NFL.com individual workout

Antwon Burton DT Burton (6-1¾, 308) ran his 40 one time in 5.39. Had a 31½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-5 broad jump, 31 strength reps, and didn't do any shuttles.
        Brian Clark WR Article, modest length so I'll post the link

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/30/ne..._falling.shtml

Again this fall, the 6-foot-2, 210-pounder sought to prove his doubters wrong, this time trying to shed being tagged as a possession receiver because of his size. After averaging 11.7 yards last season with a long of 26, he has become a big-play threat, scoring on touchdowns of 96 and 80 yards and averaging 21.4 on his 22 catches.

Two years ago, Clark was coming off a 33-reception, 548-yard season catching passes from eventual first-round pick Philip Rivers and was hailed as N.C. State's next great receiver.

Like the sound of the safety and the mondo tackle guy...

Comment

I like the FB being compared to Nick Goings.

Goings is a beast!!
          sigpic
          HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Tyler Everett

Antwon Burton

Cameron Vaughn

Comment

Rashon Powers-Neal
              I want this guy to take Cecil Sapp's role as a backup FB/H-back/special teamer. Much more physical upside IMO.

Brian Clark

Duhhh...

Comment

Thanks for the pics WABronco!

We have gotten 4 WRs in the span of a couple of days.

Rod Smith
                Javon Walker
                Ashley Lelie
                Brandon Marshall
                Dominik Hixion
                Darius Watts
                Todd Devoe
                Charlie Adams
                Brian Clark

Do you think Ashley is on his way out?
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                  Thanks for the pics WABronco!

We have gotten 4 WRs in the span of a couple of days.

Rod Smith
                  Javon Walker
                  Ashley Lelie
                  Brandon Marshall
                  Dominik Hixion
                  Darius Watts
                  Todd Devoe
                  Charlie Adams
                  Brian Clark

Do you think Ashley is on his way out?

You left David Terrell off that list. And yes, Ashley will definitely be traded like RTB said it is just a matter of time. I also think Darius Watts will be cut.

Comment

As an Ohio State fan I can give you a little more info on Tyler Everett. He actually moved to CB last season and started all year at that spot becasue we had Donte Whitner and Nate Salley at the SS and FS spots. He was pretty solid all year at CB. I do think he is much better suited to play S though becasue I am not sure he is quite fast enough to be an NFL CB. However playing as a CB last season really helpled his coverage skills. He was a good tackler who could really hit at OSU. I don't know how good he will be in the NFL but he does have the potential to be a solid player in the secondary. At worst he should be a very good special teams player and provide some depth in secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_In_Ohio
                      As an Ohio State fan I can give you a little more info on Tyler Everett. He actually moved to CB last season and started all year at that spot becasue we had Donte Whitner and Nate Salley at the SS and FS spots. He was pretty solid all year at CB. I do think he is much better suited to play S though becasue I am not sure he is quite fast enough to be an NFL CB. However playing as a CB last season really helpled his coverage skills. He was a good tackler who could really hit at OSU. I don't know how good he will be in the NFL but he does have the potential to be a solid player in the secondary. At worst he should be a very good special teams player and provide some depth in secondary.

It seems like the Buckeyes lost their entire defense in this year's draft.
                      But yeah, I think he could pay off as a training camp body/special teams ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                        Grats, West. Now he just has to hit 2,000 yards, since he is a TD "clone".
                        Give him 4 years (TD did it in his 4th year) and he'll make a believer out of you!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X