Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    [OFF TOPIC]

Congrats on getting a player you have had in your sig for weeks Westy...
    Ha! Thanks man!

I have believed he was our RB for months, I just haven't had a sig of him.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=54663

:wave:

Comment

My take on this:

Lelie has not been enthralled at our Offense, and his status in it.
      He has been disappointed in his own play, and frustrated that he has not been thrown to more often. Not because he is that good, but that he needs more attempts in order to improve his stats.
      He needed to improve his stats because he is winding into the tail end of his contract and with what he has done so far, he is NOT going to see any improvement in his contract from Denver or anywhere. I sugggest ANYWHERE because I am thinking this is the reason behind his outrageous outburst towards the Bronco organization.

When you don't do it on the field and you have an ego (and an agenda to get a better contract), you have to blame elsewhere other than yourself. This way to the person they feel more superior by putting others down.

This is a personality flaw in Lelie, and a lot of other selfish people. The antithesis of this is Rod Smith.

Lelie knew very well that he couldn't supplant Rod as the #1 even given his youth and speed. It is not because Rod is that much better, it is that Rod is that much selfless. Lelie with the huge #1 draft pick ego and contract visions equally as large was being shown up by an aging UNDRAFTED VETERAN. So Lelie stuck in a situation that did not play in his favor, and his inability to earn his way to #1 lashed out. Poor choice. He saw what Walker did and thought it was a good strategy for him too. The problem for Lelie is that he never performed up to expectations when it was his turn to shine. If he didn't have so many dropped balls when the chips were down he would have moved up in managements eyes as a successor to Rod. Instead it came to this.
      The icing on the cake is that he felt he should be worth more than the other NFL teams were valuing him at. This in addition to now having to compete with Walker (who was drafted one slot LOWER than him in the same draft) stuck in his craw. Lelie cannot bring himself to accept that his performance and the view of his performance by the leagues best evaluators is not that of a first round pick.

I wish Lelie well in his future NON_BRONCO endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
        "You must spread some Contributor Status around before giving it to BroncoFanCam again."
        S'alright...I'll hit 'em up for ya!!
        Originally posted by boltzpride619
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but thought I would recap it here...

Lelie wants to be the #1 receiver. OK.

"make him the #1 receiver. Give him the #1 spot going into camp, and when he fails miserably, whe he gets embarassed in preseason... Well at that time he already has reported, so if he leaves the team, he'll be in breach of contract. And since he's in the final year of his contract, unless he accepts his roll as the third receiver and does everything he can to perform at the highest level possible, he won't get the new contract he thinks he deserves... From anyone.

So just give him what he wants... Give him the rope to hang himself."
          God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsOwnU
            I posted this in another thread, but thought I would recap it here...

Lelie wants to be the #1 receiver. OK.

"make him the #1 receiver. Give him the #1 spot going into camp, and when he fails miserably, whe he gets embarassed in preseason... Well at that time he already has reported, so if he leaves the team, he'll be in breach of contract. And since he's in the final year of his contract, unless he accepts his roll as the third receiver and does everything he can to perform at the highest level possible, he won't get the new contract he thinks he deserves... From anyone.

So just give him what he wants... Give him the rope to hang himself."
            He can sit out until something like week 10, and still be within his rights.

At least that's how it used to be, I am not sure if that has changed with the new CBA or not.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
              He can sit out until something like week 10, and still be within his rights.

At least that's how it used to be, I am not sure if that has changed with the new CBA or not.
              But once he reports that goes out of the window... My idea was to give him the #1 spot in order to get him to report to the team.
              God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
              X