• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AussieBronco9
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2006

Good Aricle On Cutler:

The more I hear about and from this guy, the more I like him. Will be an absolute SUPERSTAR!!!!!

sigpic
  • AussieBronco9
    Practice Squad
    • Mar 2006

Also:

Do not agree with this article 1%.

Kiszla is an idiot!

Plummer is our QB for next year. Shanahan believes in him and loves his type of play..... Cutler will be instructed to learn more than he is able to from Jake, then when the timing is right will take the mantle. If we win the Superbowl, Denver have a tough decision to make.

sigpic

Comment

• cutlerfan
      Playmaker
      • May 2006

I have watched both Cutler for four years and Plummer since he was in College. I like Jake Plummer but there is no way he is as good as Jay Cutler. Jay reminds me so much of John Elway. Plummer reminds me of Ken Stabler.

----------------------------------------------
      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

• vandyman53
        Bench Warmer
        • May 2006

Originally posted by cutlerfan
        I have watched both Cutler for four years and Plummer since he was in College. I like Jake Plummer but there is no way he is as good as Jay Cutler. Jay reminds me so much of John Elway. Plummer reminds me of Ken Stabler.
        So, so, true. Cutler can get out of the pocket while Plummer justs stands there. The Bronco fans do not realize yet what they have with Jay Cutler. He will remind you of someone a few years from now. Someone who wore #7. I hope Cutler keeps his #6.

The Broncos did their homework. Jake had better be looking over his shoulder. There's a new kid in town, and he can sling it.
        As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

• Mellow Mood
          Bench Warmer
          • Jul 2005

i like what i'm reading, that is for sure. Hopefully he can back it up!

That's one reason going to a Denver team that went to the AFC Championship Game was so appealing, trumping the top-10 status of Leinart and Young.

"I wouldn't trade spots with them," Cutler said. "They're going to get a little bit more money. That's fine. They can have it. Staying here and getting in a situation like this I think down the road is going to pay off."
          Jake isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and from the sounds of it, Jay wants to learn from him!

Comment

• dontfeedthenerd
            Starter
            • May 2005

Originally posted by vandyman53
            So, so, true. Cutler can get out of the pocket while Plummer justs stands there. The Bronco fans do not realize yet what they have with Jay Cutler. He will remind you of someone a few years from now. Someone who wore #7. I hope Cutler keeps his #6.

The Broncos did their homework. Jake had better be looking over his shoulder. There's a new kid in town, and he can sling it.

You really don't watch Broncos games do you?

Plummer just stands there? Jake's one of the most mobile QB's in the league. He scrambles, and a lot of our plays are bootlegs. You can talk about accuracy and strength, but Jake really doesn't lack mobility.

Comment

• topscribe
              RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by AussieBronco9
              Do not agree with this article 1%.

Kiszla is an idiot!

Plummer is our QB for next year. Shanahan believes in him and loves his type of play..... Cutler will be instructed to learn more than he is able to from Jake, then when the timing is right will take the mantle. If we win the Superbowl, Denver have a tough decision to make.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3771238
              Never have liked Kiszla. He has always seemed as dumb as his goofy grin projects.

And this article only reinforces my opinion.

-----

Comment

• topscribe
                RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                You really don't watch Broncos games do you?

Plummer just stands there? Jake's one of the most mobile QB's in the league. He scrambles, and a lot of our plays are bootlegs. You can talk about accuracy and strength, but Jake really doesn't lack mobility.
                Thanks for answering that jaw-dropping post. You beat me to it.

Outside Vick, Jake is the most mobile QB.

Moreover, while I agree Cutler has more raw talent than Jake, attempts at casting Jake as a bad QB just makes the claimant look silly. Shanny tried to explain that his acquisition of Cutler has nothing to do with Jake. Shanny is not unhappy with Jake!

Jake is a very good quarterback. Cutler, however, is special. Shanny could not pass up possibly the best candidate in the draft since John Elway. (Except that Shanny was prepared to make the DAFTing mistake of taking Leinart.)

Let's get over bashing Jake (I'm not addressing you here, Nerd, but talking generically). Else I will have to start dragging out the stats again . . .

-----

Comment

• dontfeedthenerd
                  Starter
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by topscribe

Moreover, while I agree Cutler has more raw talent than Jake, attempts at casting Jake as a bad QB just makes the claimant look silly. Shanny tried to explain that his acquisition of Cutler has nothing to do with Jake. Shanny is not unhappy with Jake!

Jake is a very good quarterback. Cutler, however, is special. Shanny could not pass up possibly the best candidate in the draft since John Elway. (Except that Shanny was prepared to make the DAFTing mistake of taking Leinart.)

Let's get over bashing Jake (I'm not addressing you here, Nerd, but talking generically). Else I will have to start dragging out the stats again . . .

-----

Hey I'm with you man. Not mobile my left foot. Vick and maybe.. maybe McNabb in his prime could be considered more mobile than Jake.

You want to drag out some stats, I'll help you. As far as I'm concerned, until he loses out Jake is still my QB. He has had the support of his team in the past. He played his heart out.

You want to bash Jake on decision making, fine, he's done some stupid things. He's made some bad throws. But he's also played his heart out. Even when we were down in the Pitts game, he was dodging tacklers, trying to buy as much time as possible.

Comment

• jhns
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
                    No, only the press said he was trying to get Leinart when he was trying to move into the 10 spot. Shanny does not tell people what he is going to do so that was purely speculation. He could have been trying to move to the 10 spot for Cutler still, and from what he says about him I would think that is what was happening.

Comment

• Dr. Broncos
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2005

So, so, true. Cutler can get out of the pocket while Plummer justs stands there.
                      First of all, let me welcome you to to the Bronco boards. You guys are clearly Cutler/Vanddy fans and are here to follow Jay's career. Welcome, we hope you will enjoy your stay.

You two, clearly have not seen what we do with the boot leg. Jake Plummer in 2005 rushed 46 times, only Vick had more, had two rushing TDs, and ran for about 150 yards.

You really think that Jake is immobile? Let me introduce you to Brady and Manning.
                      In 2004, only Culpepper, Vick, and Carr had more rushing attempts (Carr, mostly running for his life). So Plummer is in the top 4 QBs for rush attempts and top 5 for total rushing yards by QB in 2004 and top 6 in 2005.

Stating that Cutler is just going to come in and replace Jake is lunacy. Further, stating that Jake is a pocket passer is absolutely wrong. You need to watch more Bronco games.

Welcome aboard!!

www.FootballTimes.org

Join our growing football community!

We buy football articles!
                      Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

Comment

• topscribe
                        RIP BFC, D-Will, Damien
                        • Apr 2005

Thank you . . .

Originally posted by jhns
                        No, only the press said he was trying to get Leinart when he was trying to move into the 10 spot. Shanny does not tell people what he is going to do so that was purely speculation. He could have been trying to move to the 10 spot for Cutler still, and from what he says about him I would think that is what was happening.
                        I stand corrected in the way I conveyed that.

I should have said it has been reported that Shanny was after Leinart.

-----

Comment

• cutlerfan
                          Playmaker
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Broncos
                          First of all, let me welcome you to to the Bronco boards. You guys are clearly Cutler/Vanddy fans and are here to follow Jay's career. Welcome, we hope you will enjoy your stay.

You two, clearly have not seen what we do with the boot leg. Jake Plummer in 2005 rushed 46 times, only Vick had more, had two rushing TDs, and ran for about 150 yards.

You really think that Jake is immobile? Let me introduce you to Brady and Manning.
                          In 2004, only Culpepper, Vick, and Carr had more rushing attempts (Carr, mostly running for his life). So Plummer is in the top 4 QBs for rush attempts and top 5 for total rushing yards by QB in 2004 and top 6 in 2005.

Stating that Cutler is just going to come in and replace Jake is lunacy. Further, stating that Jake is a pocket passer is absolutely wrong. You need to watch more Bronco games.

Welcome aboard!!
                          Thank you for welcoming me to the board. True - I am a Titan Fan and have not watched that many Bronco games but I will be watching every game!

I am not saying that a Rookie QB can come in and take over a good QB like Plummer what I am saying is Jay is really special. I saw Jake at Arizona both college and Pro and he can run and has a decent arm. What I saw in Cutler is a canon. I kid you not I work at Vanderbilt and see all the football games and Jay threw a ball 75 yards in the air against Rutgers. I have met Jay two or three times and he is a humble nice guy.

Look at what he did at the combine. He did not have to bench press. He pressed 225 like 27 times. He was the only QB to participate. His max is like 400 lbs.

When I talked to him before he went to the combine he said he wished that Matt and Vince would throw against him. You can almost hear Matt and Vince's agents telling them not to throw because they know what kind of live arm Jay has.

I do appreciate you backing Plummer and give Jay some time to learn your offense and watch what he can do. Watch the preseason games.

The word on the street here in Nashville was we wanted Cutler. Bud Adams Titans owner wanted Vince Young.

I am happy for Jay as I feel like Denver right now is a lot better team that the Titans.

Jay is in the best place of all three.

Lets watch and see.

God Bless!
                          David
                          Last edited by cutlerfan; 05-01-2006, 02:05 PM.

----------------------------------------------
                          I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

• DenverBuckeye
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Apr 2006

Welcome.

I hope you are right about Cutler. I have a good feeling about him too, but don't compare him to Elway just yet.
                            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

• vandyman53
                              Bench Warmer
                              • May 2006

I have no way tried to belittle Jake. I always have wanted the guy to make it and he has. No, don't see many Denver games because of the Titans. I just remember Floyd Reese Titans GM saying that about him.

However, you will be very pleasantly surprised by Cutler. He can sling it around, and is intelligent and has great mobility.

Now, if someone will tell me the Broncos are giving Cutler #6 I'll order a jersey!!!
                              As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Comment

Working...
                              X