Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Pick in Cutler!

Hello All,

I wish Jay Cutler would have been a Titan. I have watched him play for the last four years. He is incredible! I saw him play a game where he threw the ball in the air 75 yards! I am a Titan fan and a former college QB. John Elway was my hero as a kid and I think Jay will remind you of him.

I will be watching!

Take care,

David

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Welcome to the Broncos Boards!

www.FootballTimes.org

Join our growing football community!

We buy football articles!
    Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

Comment

Thank you for your contribution, and welcome to the boards!

-----

Comment

Welcome to the board David.

Comment

PreOrder that #6 now

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

Man I hope you are right. A QB picked in round 1 that ends up being a bust can set a team back for years.

Everything I have been hearing about Cutler is really good though.
            I'm glad we got him!!
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
              Welcome to the boards!

Man I hope you are right. A QB picked in round 1 that ends up being a bust can set a team back for years.

Everything I have been hearing about Cutler is really good though.
              I'm glad we got him!!

Thank you for your warm welcome. I tell you what and I am not being biased. Jay is special! I grew up a Elway fan and Jay is as close as they come to John.

The only way I think Cutler would be a bust would be if he got really hurt.

Look at what Steve Young, Jaws, Phil Simms, Mike Mayock have said about Jay. They all feel like Jay is the best QB of the three.

I will close with a quote from Jaws "I don't need anyone to tell me. I played 30 years at QB and I have a pretty good feel for it" On picking Jay as the number one QB

----------------------------------------------
              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Im a vandy student and am actually a bear fan, but i have seen every game cutler has played over the last 3 years and will give you guys my 2 cents on him.

it was rather easy to see he was a pretty good qb. to be honest though he wasnt thought that highly of by the vandy faithful early on in his career. I mean whenever you are 2-9 you arent gonna be thought very highly of. The thing that is true is that the kid took a pounding. he would come out for like a series and get right back in. off the top of my head i can only remember one full game he missed, and he got lit up all by some pretty darn good SEC qbs. While we knew he was a solid qb, thats about all we thought he was during his jr year...solid. He announced that he was coming back for his sr year and not going pro, and in all honesty people laughed at him. Most people never thought he woulda had a shot at the NFL after his JR year...he was projected as like a 5th rounder at that point. What the truth is though, is that most students and vandy fans were just ignorant, and blinded by the fact that he only had 6 career victories at that point. Sr year they started winning ball games and people starting to fall in love with his arm. If i had to guess, the 75 yard pass he threw that the previous poster talked about was the pass against rutgers cutlers jr year....it was more like 60, but it was impressive nontheless. his Sr year people began to realize that the kid had a cannon, but still thuoght he made some poor decisions.

Im far from an expert, but ive seen him enough to know the following.

1.) His feet are much better than people give him credit for. Most people dont realize taht Cutler ran the ball alot his first 3 years at vandy. They ran the option all the time, and he is big enough and quick enough to both take a hit and move around. He's not michael vick mobile, but he aint bledsoe either. I think your very own plummer is a good comparison, hell be able to get out of the pocket when the heat is on.

2.) His arm is easily the best in the draft. Leinert, Young, etc. simply don't have the arm strength cutler does. Cutlers ball just has that zip you would see on someone like Favre or elway. That said, he throws off his back foot way too often, which is probably a product of getting killed in the pocket at vandy. But in terms of arm strength, Cutlers got it. Alot of times, especially on screens etc. he puts too much on the ball and will have to learn to put touch on some passes.

3.) He forces things. This is my biggest knock against the guy. At the end of his sr. year at vandy, he had one good reciever (Earl Bennet) and looked his way all the time. If he wasnt open, hed try to force it to him. Again this is a product of playing for a bad team, and having to be the only playmaker. However, he telegraphs his passes and usually only looks for his primary reciever. He needs to learn to check off and keep the safeties guessing.

The tools are there if he can correct the mistakes he made that developed as being hte QB on a miserable team in the nations best conference. I would have liked to have seen him win more games in college (11-33 career is pretty terrible, and a bad team with a great qb should have beaten teams like kentucky, MTSU, rutgers, etc), but if this guy is surrounded with good players (like you guys have in Denver) he could be great. I think hes more of a sure thing than Vince Young, less of a sure thing than Leinert, but has more upside the Leinert, and probably less than young. At best, i compare him to a young Bledsoe with more mobility. At worst, hes Kyle Boller part 2. If i had to guess hes gonna be similar to matt hasselbeck

Comment

Working...
                X