Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheffler Was A Long Snapper In College

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain News
    Denver second-round tight end Tony Scheffler has extensive experience as a long snapper. He was in a cast for a few weeks last season, so he didn't start at that spot at Western Michigan as a senior, but he was the primary snapper throughout high school and college . . .
    Source

I just thought that this was noteworthy. It could mean a free roster spot. That's pretty important and I know that some people were favouring Klopenstein for that reason.

We'll see how he turns out, but his ability as a long snapper is definitely a positive.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Thank you!

One less roster spot to burn. Hopefully he's good enough to justify cutting Leach...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      One less roster spot to burn. Hopefully he's good enough to justify cutting Leach...
      Hopefully he doesn't JUST long snap.

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
        Agreed. Leach doesn't do anything and for like $600,000 a year he isn't worth it.
        That is the league minimum right?
        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
          Source

I just thought that this was noteworthy. It could mean a free roster spot. That's pretty important and I know that some people were favouring Klopenstein for that reason.

We'll see how he turns out, but his ability as a long snapper is definitely a positive.
          This will be a good battle to watch, because Leach is extremly good at Long Snapper and on special teams, but Leach Adds nothing to the TE spot.
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

That roster spot is huge.

I honestly believe that a good long snapper can be very important to a teams chances. It's when you don't have one that you wish you did. Leach has done well for Denver, but we have some great developmental depth at some positions, so if we can gain a roster spot by using a long snapper who is also a tight end prospect, it is a very good thing.

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
            X