Trade Lelie for who/what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashley needs to re-consider

The fox sports website quotes Bellicheck as saying he'd never give a star like Graham up for Lelie.

Not to dig on Jake, but Shannahan's game plan last season was "Jake, just don't blow it" Plummer wasn't to take the risky passes and that directly cut into Lelie's production.

With Cutler in the wings, either QB has a huge incentive to perform better which should increase WR production. We all hope Rod Smith could play another eight years, but the reality is that the #1 WR job is likely to change hands in a year or two.

Lelie has all the physical talent to be a #1. With improved QB play and enough talent at WR, Denver could have an unstoppable offense. Talent alone does not get you very far though. To be an effective weapon in the NFL, one must also put in the physical work, film/mental homework, and practice.

If Lelie was willing to put in the time and effort, Denver could have the type of offense it had with Rod, EdMac, and Shannon or several others like Raiders at Gannon's prime, STL at Warner's prime, or Colts of today. Lelie could play the part that pushes this team into the special category.

Shannahan hasn't motivated many players well and probably blew it with the way he handled Lelie. If Lelie could be convinced that now is his chance to prove he is #1 quality WR and earn the big bucks for years to come. Otherwise, he could end up a kennison at best.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyrow
      The fox sports website quotes Bellicheck as saying he'd never give a star like Graham up for Lelie.

Not to dig on Jake, but Shannahan's game plan last season was "Jake, just don't blow it" Plummer wasn't to take the risky passes and that directly cut into Lelie's production.

With Cutler in the wings, either QB has a huge incentive to perform better which should increase WR production. We all hope Rod Smith could play another eight years, but the reality is that the #1 WR job is likely to change hands in a year or two.

Lelie has all the physical talent to be a #1. With improved QB play and enough talent at WR, Denver could have an unstoppable offense. Talent alone does not get you very far though. To be an effective weapon in the NFL, one must also put in the physical work, film/mental homework, and practice.

If Lelie was willing to put in the time and effort, Denver could have the type of offense it had with Rod, EdMac, and Shannon or several others like Raiders at Gannon's prime, STL at Warner's prime, or Colts of today. Lelie could play the part that pushes this team into the special category.

Shannahan hasn't motivated many players well and probably blew it with the way he handled Lelie. If Lelie could be convinced that now is his chance to prove he is #1 quality WR and earn the big bucks for years to come. Otherwise, he could end up a kennison at best.
      i told you... every single word. since 3 weeks ago.
      Last edited by Tour; 06-18-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I've said before that I'd Like Chris Perry from the Bengals. Chris Henry can't keep himself out of trouble and Lelie Could challenge Houshmanzadah for the # 2 spot with Johnson

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
          I've said before that I'd Like Chris Perry from the Bengals. Chris Henry can't keep himself out of trouble and Lelie Could challenge Houshmanzadah for the # 2 spot with Johnson
          I don't see that one happening, it'd be the same issue as he has here.

If he get's traded, it will have to be a team that really needs some wr help...
          Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

We don't trade Lelie at all, we just let him watch denver win a championship without him while he sits on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
              We don't trade Lelie at all, we just let him watch denver win a championship without him while he sits on the bench
              no bench....

put him on IR... so he doesnt get a ring that doesnt deserve...

i wish he would smarten up already...

or someone would take him...

i want ricky williams...(FS) soooooooooo bad!!!

sigpic

Comment

I think the DT from Seattle would be a nice addition to our D-line.

I think his name is Rocky Bernard.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye

think we could get him for lelie?
                  Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Not a chance. He tested FA and got a solid offer from Seattle. They're not giving him up.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye

Haha.

He was available in free agency and we didn't even court him.
                      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                        Haha.

He was available in free agency and we didn't even court him.
                        B/c he did not play for the Browns

^^^^^^^^^^
                        made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by squints
                          B/c he did not play for the Browns
                          outstanding response. but alas no points left in the quiver

Comment

I really think if denver offered up a trade scenario to san fran, they could get a deal done. The 9ers did draft davis and sign bryant, but lelie IMO would beat out bryant for the #1 spot....i dunno if denver has considered the 49ers, but id be willing to bet money that they would do the deal.
                            "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Comment

i say lelie for stallworth or possibly, cedric benson?

Comment

why would you want ricky? he's good, but he's too busy smokin his stuff. he'll never get on the field!

Comment

Working...
                                X