• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deal 1. rather do it 4 Warrick Dunn or T.J Duckett
    deal 2. Thomas Jones
    deal3. any teams 2nd round pick

Comment

It's pretty well impossible because he recieved a significant enough signing bonus that the cap hit would be too much. Also they have two recievers who are far better fits in Seattle on favorable contracts, as well as a very solid third option.

That said, I really am not very high on Bernard. Contract year players who explode are a huge risk. Also Bernard played well in a rotation last year with Seattle having four guys seeing significant time. He'd still be in a rotation here but see more time which would likely lessen his pass rush ability. Bernard was able to really get in to the QB in one on one matchups but double teams reduced him to rubble in most cases. One thing I did love about him however was his ability to confuse entire blocking schemes. I'm not sure how directed it was, or he just took it upon himself but he'd often disrupt other blockers vision/concentration without touching them allowing linebackers to get through scott free.

Sorry that was kind of longwinded, Bernards just one of the most volatile DT's in my opinion int he coming year.

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
      I think the DT from Seattle would be a nice addition to our D-line.

I think his name is Rocky Bernard.
      SundayBreakdown.com - Opening July 1st 2006

Tired of the same repetitive and outdated evaluations of players? How about the bland and useless generalizations like "playmaker" and "run stopper"? Come to SundayBreakdown.com, with full evaluations of each player game by game throughout the 2006 season and beyond. A site built by people willing to spend the time and effort to give legitimate and extensive analysis. Free giveaways opening day, contests, and more.

Comment

I think a second round pick would be very hard to procure unless its from a team who will almost definitely be drafting late, few of which would be desperate for a reciever.

Dunn I don't think could happen because there isn't much faith in Duckett. Despite Dunns age I doubt Atlantas willing to risk the next two seasons like that. For the same reason I wouldn't trade Lelie for Duckett, he's just not very good.

Jones I would definitely do, and is the only one I could forsee being plausible.

Originally posted by konnorrollison
        deal 1. rather do it 4 Warrick Dunn or T.J Duckett
        deal 2. Thomas Jones
        deal3. any teams 2nd round pick
        SundayBreakdown.com - Opening July 1st 2006

Tired of the same repetitive and outdated evaluations of players? How about the bland and useless generalizations like "playmaker" and "run stopper"? Come to SundayBreakdown.com, with full evaluations of each player game by game throughout the 2006 season and beyond. A site built by people willing to spend the time and effort to give legitimate and extensive analysis. Free giveaways opening day, contests, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
          Yeah Hines was the MVP. But El did have a good game, it has baffled me as to why they let him go so easy, and why he wanted to leave so much
          One word : Money
          It's 4:20 got a light?

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
            I don't see why everyone is hating on Ash I think his beef with the FO is justifiable. He is trying to do his best and wants to prove he can be better but instead we are interested in every WR that becomes available. It seems like they didn't like him before he didn't like them. And I don't think he really believes he can be a #1 but he is a FA next year and with Denver bringing in new guys, his production will drop, therefore his new contract next year will not be what it would have been two years ago.

And it's not all Leile's fault for his lack of production, a great deal of it is the system and the quarterback, Plummer's arm isn't capable of maximizing in fact not even getting close to utilizing Leile's potential and assets he brings to the team.

For that reason though I hope he stays because with Cutler at the helms his arm is strong enough and he is accurate enough to make Leile once again a great receiver, and with him and Walker together in the future that would be a great tandem and they would compliment him very well.
            A Great receiver? He was never a great receiver. He's just afraid about a little competion. Thats it. We need to get rid of this cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
              I don't see why everyone is hating on Ash I think his beef with the FO is justifiable. He is trying to do his best and wants to prove he can be better but instead we are interested in every WR that becomes available. It seems like they didn't like him before he didn't like them. And I don't think he really believes he can be a #1 but he is a FA next year and with Denver bringing in new guys, his production will drop, therefore his new contract next year will not be what it would have been two years ago.

And it's not all Leile's fault for his lack of production, a great deal of it is the system and the quarterback, Plummer's arm isn't capable of maximizing in fact not even getting close to utilizing Leile's potential and assets he brings to the team.

For that reason though I hope he stays because with Cutler at the helms his arm is strong enough and he is accurate enough to make Leile once again a great receiver, and with him and Walker together in the future that would be a great tandem and they would compliment him very well.
              A Great receiver? He was never a great receiver. He's just afraid about a little competion. Thats it. We need to get rid of this cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy
                Lelie was never a great reciever in his career. Denver drafted him with fiarly high expectations and he never really lived up to them. He has always been spectacular at catching the deep ball. He can concentrate like most people can't. He just isn't complete and hasn't taken his game to the next level.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                  Lelie was never a great reciever in his career. Denver drafted him with fiarly high expectations and he never really lived up to them. He has always been spectacular at catching the deep ball. He can concentrate like most people can't. He just isn't complete and hasn't taken his game to the next level.

I agree he needs to take the next step and so far has deceided to weasel out and try and force a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
                    I agree he needs to take the next step and so far has deceided to weasel out and try and force a trade.
                    Apparently that's his next step.
                    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy
                      Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
                      2004 Denver Broncos 16 16 54 1084 20.1 58 7 21 5 40

Those are pretty promising numbers to me, especially for a number 2.
                      last year his numbers dropped because we ran a conservative offense and Leile's primary job was stretching the field and spreading the defense, Jake didn't throw his way because he was playing it safe and conservative.

Everyone is just greedy they want it to be like the old days when we had two number 1 receivers with 100 catches, the league's leading RB and a gunslinger QB well that won't happen next year but in a few years we could have a similar scenario with Walker and Leile, Tatum or whoever, and Cutler.

If we trade leile I don't know what value there is for Leile but I'll take almost any TE from the Patriots for him

Comment

Just Curious...

If all we get for offers is a low draft choice, what would be the downfall of just letting him ride the pine and go off into FA and just get a compensatory draft pick? Wouldn't we get one?

And could we do something like the physically inable to perform list to avoid him taking a roster spot? Is there anywhere we can stash him where other teams can't take him but he wont count against our roster? I just don't wanna see anyone cave in to him if he can't hold up to his contract.

Comment

And could we do something like the physically inable to perform list to avoid him taking a roster spot? Is there anywhere we can stash him where other teams can't take him but he wont count against our roster? I just don't wanna see anyone cave in to him if he can't hold up to his contract.
                          We cant put him onto the pup list because he would probably need a physical and nothing has happened to him physically.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
                            We cant put him onto the pup list because he would probably need a physical and nothing has happened to him physically.
                            How about the MUP!

Mentally

Unable

to Perform

Comment

Get the best draft pick possible, who cares if its a 3rd or 4th. I don't think a player swap is best. Once we sign all our draft picks we'll be pretty cash strapped. A 2007 draftee is probally cheaper and our options for what exactly we want is much more open. Look at this draft, did we not get some great players in the 3rd and later rounds.
                              2012 DRAFT

1 DT Still
                              2 LB Kendricks
                              3 DT Ta'amu
                              4 RB Turbin
                              4 WR Streeter
                              5 FS Hardin
                              5 FB Rodriguez
                              6 OG Wynn

2012 Hindsight Draft

2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
                              2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
                              3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
                              4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
                              4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
                              5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
                              6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCO-BRIAN
                                Even though I think we are thinner at DT than we are at TE or RB. I would go after Chris Brown because I think he is our best option for Lelie.

I look at it this way. If we went after Graham he's a good pick up but do we need him that badly? If we need a recieving te we got super rookie and ex-wr jackson. If we need blocking we got Alexander, Leach, and House.

Brown was a stud in college and from what I hear is 100% healthy. I think if he was here, he has a good chance to win the no.1 spot. Duckett on the other hand is probally not going any higher than no.3
                                No way cuz, Chris Brown?!? he runs straight up and he ain't no zone block runner!

Comment

Working...
                                X