Trade Lelie for who/what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeyrow
    The fox sports website quotes Bellicheck as saying he'd never give a star like Graham up for Lelie.

Not to dig on Jake, but Shannahan's game plan last season was "Jake, just don't blow it" Plummer wasn't to take the risky passes and that directly cut into Lelie's production.

With Cutler in the wings, either QB has a huge incentive to perform better which should increase WR production. We all hope Rod Smith could play another eight years, but the reality is that the #1 WR job is likely to change hands in a year or two.

Lelie has all the physical talent to be a #1. With improved QB play and enough talent at WR, Denver could have an unstoppable offense. Talent alone does not get you very far though. To be an effective weapon in the NFL, one must also put in the physical work, film/mental homework, and practice.

If Lelie was willing to put in the time and effort, Denver could have the type of offense it had with Rod, EdMac, and Shannon or several others like Raiders at Gannon's prime, STL at Warner's prime, or Colts of today. Lelie could play the part that pushes this team into the special category.

Shannahan hasn't motivated many players well and probably blew it with the way he handled Lelie. If Lelie could be convinced that now is his chance to prove he is #1 quality WR and earn the big bucks for years to come. Otherwise, he could end up a kennison at best.
    Ok Shanahan just doesn't baby sit grown men he's been coached under Bill Walsh and he coached the same. He is also like Bill Parcell in the fact that'' if you acting like a girl leave and find a team to baby sit you cuz'' we gonna win regardless thats the formula that got us to 13-3 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
      I like Lelie for Grant or Stallworth quite a bit. I wouldn't mind Lelie for Graham either, but the Pats would have to throw in a little extra.

Ideally, I'd rather have Lelie realize that he's in a pretty good position and should stick around, but that's looking less and less likely.
      Stallworth is about the same as Lelie, both struggle over the middle they aren't overly physical and they give half ass effort.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
        I just can't belive he wants to leave this team as they are going to the SB this year and winning. I guess no ring for Lelie.
        Exactly who in 32 teams is gonna make him a starter?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncodogPG
          Exactly who in 32 teams is gonna make him a starter?
          Well there are a few that I can think of that Ash could go to and be an immediate starter...the Jets...49ers...Seahawks...Titans...Packers...Raven s...so i have trouble thinking that he there are not options...

The problem with him is that he thinks he is all-world when he is nothing more than a slot reciever that can fly down the field and only catch one...thats 1...touchdown last year...

To make things worse Shanny and Sundquist think that they are gonna get what they gave for him...and to honest i think that the only slot reciever in the league that is worth a 1st round pick is Stokely, so as long as they are asking too much i dont think there is any way that we are gonna get anything remotely close to the pick that we gave up for him...

Unless a team is in completely desperate need of a reciever, say if one of theirs goes down in training camp...personally i would not mind trading him to an NFC team for a 3rd round pick or something along those lines so that we may fill out what we need in next years drafts, because Charlie Adams is a solid slot that knows his place and is not going to ***** about every little thing....

And I think that we all know that he would not start over Javon, and theres no way in hell that we are gonna move Rod to slot...Basically he needs to take a step back, see that he is somewhat of a bust, accept his role as a great #3 and get himself a ring....

DAMNIT this guy really pisses me off and personally i kinda hope that we force him to sit for the next year, if only to humble him....

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            Let's here those trade ideas!

Of course, there's the receiver-for-receiver swaps. Say Lelie for Charles Rogers or Lelie for Donte Stallworth.

Or, how 'bout Lelie for Daniel Graham...New England's TE? Ben Watson is going to be an elite TE in this league, and Graham is in his walk year. He'd be a better piece than Stephen Alexander, no?

Or, trade him to the 'Niners for Kevan Barlow.

Or, trade him to Chicago for Alfonso Boone or Michael Haynes.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
            ill trade lelie for a bag of peanuts, and a teams water boy!!!!!
            Last edited by LABRONCO; 06-28-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I would do my best to forget the trades and try to get Lelie back into camp. Between Rod, Walker, Lelie and possibly Marshall as the #4, not to mention Scheffler. Who could cover everyone ???
              Lelie right now is acting like a spoiled brat and doesn't realize he isn't capable of being the #1 wr, but if you look at alot of the big plays last season, you will see that Lelie was part of them.
              I would do what I could to bring him back to camp. If he doesn't show up after that, then see what we can get.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoWdY
                To make things worse Shanny and Sundquist think that they are gonna get what they gave for him...and to honest i think that the only slot reciever in the league that is worth a 1st round pick is Stokely, so as long as they are asking too much i dont think there is any way that we are gonna get anything remotely close to the pick that we gave up for him...
                They just say they want that much they will end up trading him for less than the asking price most likely. Almost every team just sets the bar high so they can get the most value possible from the player. Almost no player is ever given up for what is asked for them though. After training and mini camps teams will decide if they have a need at receiver or someone will get injured and bring a need for a receiver. He most likely won't be traded until after training and mini camps complete and that is also when we could get the most value out of him because the team that needs him will be most likely be a team that is desperate for a receiver. Also, you say that no slot receiver is worth that much... Lelie doesn't even play the slot. He would this season if he stays here but the last couple he has been a starter. Until he plays as a slot receiver you can't really compare his value as a slot receiver.

Comment

I dont know if anyone has said this, but I like the idea of a Lelie for Stallworth swap. Two disgruntled WR's.. I actually was hoping we would draft him but NO got him right before we picked. I think Stallworth has more upside and if we give him the money he wants, we would have a great-young core of WRs once Rod Retires.

What do you guys think? We would only do it if Stallworth was ok to be a 3rd for a year (maybe 2) until rod retires.

Comment

Originally posted by italynstallion
                    I dont know if anyone has said this, but I like the idea of a Lelie for Stallworth swap. Two disgruntled WR's.. I actually was hoping we would draft him but NO got him right before we picked. I think Stallworth has more upside and if we give him the money he wants, we would have a great-young core of WRs once Rod Retires.

What do you guys think? We would only do it if Stallworth was ok to be a 3rd for a year (maybe 2) until rod retires.
                    Yeah actually i think that he would make a great slot reciever...he has shown that he has the blazing speed needed for the position, but lacks the hands and route running to be a starter...however i dont think that he would ever be anything more than that but hell its worth a shot....

Personally i would rather see us trade him for a tight end, like Graham...how about this idea.....

What if we traded Ash to the Jags for either Matt Jones or Marcedes Lewis?? i dont know if they would do it straight up but you never know, becasue they are in dire straits in their recieving core???

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns
                      They just say they want that much they will end up trading him for less than the asking price most likely. Almost every team just sets the bar high so they can get the most value possible from the player. Almost no player is ever given up for what is asked for them though. After training and mini camps teams will decide if they have a need at receiver or someone will get injured and bring a need for a receiver. He most likely won't be traded until after training and mini camps complete and that is also when we could get the most value out of him because the team that needs him will be most likely be a team that is desperate for a receiver. Also, you say that no slot receiver is worth that much... Lelie doesn't even play the slot. He would this season if he stays here but the last couple he has been a starter. Until he plays as a slot receiver you can't really compare his value as a slot receiver.
                      Actually yes you could compare him to a slot reciever becasue that is the talent level that he is at

Comment

• To NE

For TE Daniel Graham?

Comment

• if he plays 3rd he will the best one in the league. But he wont cause he is acting like a jerk. It will be messed up if shanny dont trade him makes him sit out weeks 10-17

Comment

• Good post!

I dont believe in judging other people, so I really hope everything works out for

Ash. He has showed loyalty to the organisation before and that should earn him

some respect. On the other hand Javon hasnt done anything yet for us, so lets

just hope he proves to be a teamplayer who will help Jake and in the future Jay.

....Soon as a man is born, you know the sparks begin to fly,
                            He gets wise in his own eyes and he's made to believe a lie.
                            Who would deliver him from the death he's bound to die?
                            Well, You've done it all and there's no more anyone can pretend to do.
                            What can I do for You?

Bob Dylan said that.....

Jesus is the man

I said that...

Comment

• According to this site Erron Kinney is an option:

http://afcwest.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy1986
                                According to this site Erron Kinney is an option:

http://afcwest.blogspot.com/
                                Kinney's a huge TE with talent, but he's injury prone and he apparently has trouble with giving a full effort...

Comment

Working...
                                X