We Dodge a bullet.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Dodge a bullet.....

I love our draft but most importantly I think that the other teams in our division tanked theirs.

While I love Huff's talent I think it is great that the Raiders again passed on a potential set of franchise QBs. I had hoped they didn't learn their lesson from the Robert Gallery disaster, and it appears they didn't. Huff will be a good matchup for the TEs in the division but their D is still horrible. I love that we had a much more productive draft.

The Chiefs and Chargers also had sub par drafts.

What do you guys think? Am I wrong on this one?

I love it. We went forward and I think they all did little to improve their teams.......

Originally posted by myoung
    I love our draft but most importantly I think that the other teams in our division tanked theirs.

While I love Huff's talent I think it is great that the Raiders again passed on a potential set of franchise QBs. I had hoped they didn't learn their lesson from the Robert Gallery disaster, and it appears they didn't. Huff will be a good matchup for the TEs in the division but their D is still horrible. I love that we had a much more productive draft.

I love it. We went forward and I think they all did little to improve their teams.......
    The most dissapointing was the Dolts, i mean come on....drafting a DB/S that hasn't played the whole 2005 season???? There definetely going back to there hibernation, can u say''..................4-12.............. i don't kno how merriwoman has the guts to say'' i guratee we'll be in the superbowl'' which is just pathetic...

Comment

San Diego's draft wasn't too bad. Cromartie was a beast before his injury, McNeill is solid, Whitehurst is solid.

I don't know about those Raiders though.

Comment

Yea...

A safety can only help out so much, and with Aaron Brooks starting I wouldn't be too optimistic if I was a fader fan...

Comment

I love this. Most Denver fans would have loved to get Huff, but now that he is a raider he sucks and is a loser that should never have been born. Really WTF get a grip.
          The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Kill Logic
            I love this. Most Denver fans would have loved to get Huff, but now that he is a raider he sucks and is a loser that should never have been born. Really WTF get a grip.
            Huh?

We're saying that picking Leinart would've been a better choice in our opinions...

While I love Huff's talent I think it is great that the Raiders again passed on a potential set of franchise QBs.

Comment

Did you even read the post. I didn't say anything like this at all.

I think you should practice your reading skills before you get twisted up so much.

I do believe that Huff would have been a better pick for us than for them. I also think the Raiders have drafted 6 first round secondary players in 7 years. I hope this is not a bad sign for Huff. They all seem to have fizzled out in Raider land.

Comment

I wanted Huff.

I wanted HUFF....and his going to the raider is somewhat of a Blow as he'll end up playing CB there with the loss of Woodson. I don't think the board is saying exactly THAT....but I also think Huff went too early @ #7. I'm not a complete fan of this draft....but the UDFA pickups this morning at least give me something to be happy about. I swear to God if this Cutler thing goes wacky you'll be able to clock Shanahan's depature from Denver with this years drafts 40 times!
                MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

I think Im going to become a SF fan. This draft blows.
                  I read a bunch of your posts it sounds like your a raiders fan or somthing??

All you do is complain and complain.

Saying before the draft how we will go 10-6 if we were lucky?? now you say we are going 8-8 if we are lucky???

Just because they don't draft the player you like... Go be a niners fan no true Broncos fan will say there going to change a team they like.

You jumped on a band wagon last year.

NOW im pushing you off... you don't even deserve any attention for us TRUE bronco fans

Your pathetic,.. Seriously every one look at his previous post's...

Comment

no, you need to get a grip, your complaining about our draft when we had a good one, i thought you were going to go be a SF fan

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                      I wanted HUFF....and his going to the raider is somewhat of a Blow as he'll end up playing CB there with the loss of Woodson. I don't think the board is saying exactly THAT....but I also think Huff went too early @ #7. I'm not a complete fan of this draft....but the UDFA pickups this morning at least give me something to be happy about. I swear to God if this Cutler thing goes wacky you'll be able to clock Shanahan's depature from Denver with this years drafts 40 times!
                      The thing I don't understand about Huff is this; Is Huff going to play corner and if he does it makes the Washington, Routt, Aumagua (sp?) draft picks wasted just like Buchanon. If he plays safety then he probably gives them a big safety that is fast to matchup with the big TEs in our division. But it also means that they are stuck with many of the same problems they have had on D. There biggest problem has not been matching up with TEs.

They have problems on the DL. They also have problems at QB. First they missed the Rivers and Big Ben opportunity two years ago and now passing on Leinart and Cutler just doesn't make sense to me. How on earth do you plan on fixing their QB problem by throwing Aaron Brooks at it? How is this an upgrade to Collins?

I just don't understand it. This is no criticism of Huff. It is a criticism of the Raiders. They always seem to want to blindly draft the fastest players in the draft. See Howard in round 2 as well. It is not paying off and I don't get it.

but I do appreciate it.

Comment

The thing I don't understand about Huff is this; Is Huff going to play corner and if he does it makes the Washington, Routt, Aumagua (sp?) draft picks wasted just like Buchanon. If he plays safety then he probably gives them a big safety that is fast to matchup with the big TEs in our division. But it also means that they are stuck with many of the same problems they have had on D. There biggest problem has not been matching up with TEs.

They have problems on the DL. They also have problems at QB. First they missed the Rivers and Big Ben opportunity two years ago and now passing on Leinart and Cutler just doesn't make sense to me. How on earth do you plan on fixing their QB problem by throwing Aaron Brooks at it? How is this an upgrade to Collins?

I just don't understand it. This is no criticism of Huff. It is a criticism of the Raiders. They always seem to want to blindly draft the fastest players in the draft. See Howard in round 2 as well. It is not paying off and I don't get it.

but I do appreciate it.
                        They're the Raiders. That's all you need to know.

Huff is a good player and about the only good one selected by a team in the AFC West not named Denver.
                        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

I wouldn't be too sure that the other teams barely improved their teams. I know we did have the better draft weekend, but Oakland picked up Huff and Bing and I think his name is Thomas Howard. These guys can run.

Rumor has it that they expect to start Bing as a linebacker which will greatly improve the speed of that core and the Howard guy plays linebacker like a safety.Oakland made great improvements in this offseason, too bad they won't be enough to help a 4-12 team make it back to the playoffs. (Get your popcorn ready because we're gonna scorch their secondary...gotta love javon against Duane Starks)

San Diego added Antonio Cromartie, who is a great defensive talent that will definitely help them get more ints sometime soon. But I think we are all glad to know that they haven't improved their offense too much. McCardell is in his last year and I don't even know who their 2nd receiver is.... They are not helping Rivers too much, especially getting Brandon Manumaleuna from the Rams, that doesn't help them that much.

Kansas City picked up Tamba Hali who I think will make a great run stopping DE and I'm not too sure about everything else they did but I wouldn't be amazed to hear that they took a good defensive player in round two just because that's what Herm Edwards does.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, I won't get too mad
                          "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                            I read a bunch of your posts it sounds like your a raiders fan or somthing??

All you do is complain and complain.

Saying before the draft how we will go 10-6 if we were lucky?? now you say we are going 8-8 if we are lucky???

Just because they don't draft the player you like... Go be a niners fan no true Broncos fan will say there going to change a team they like.

You jumped on a band wagon last year.

NOW im pushing you off... you don't even deserve any attention for us TRUE bronco fans

Your pathetic,.. Seriously every one look at his previous post's...

That was a trip to the psycho ward. Im glad im back. WHEW.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                              I wouldn't be too sure that the other teams barely improved their teams. I know we did have the better draft weekend, but Oakland picked up Huff and Bing and I think his name is Thomas Howard. These guys can run.

Rumor has it that they expect to start Bing as a linebacker which will greatly improve the speed of that core and the Howard guy plays linebacker like a safety.Oakland made great improvements in this offseason, too bad they won't be enough to help a 4-12 team make it back to the playoffs. (Get your popcorn ready because we're gonna scorch their secondary...gotta love javon against Duane Starks)

San Diego added Antonio Cromartie, who is a great defensive talent that will definitely help them get more ints sometime soon. But I think we are all glad to know that they haven't improved their offense too much. McCardell is in his last year and I don't even know who their 2nd receiver is.... They are not helping Rivers too much, especially getting Brandon Manumaleuna from the Rams, that doesn't help them that much.

Kansas City picked up Tamba Hali who I think will make a great run stopping DE and I'm not too sure about everything else they did but I wouldn't be amazed to hear that they took a good defensive player in round two just because that's what Herm Edwards does.

If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, I won't get too mad
                              I think you make some decent points, I just don't happen to agree. I see the Raiders continually picking secondary players and it not working out. I don't know how this year will be much different. I really like Huff's talent but I dont believe he is a difference maker like Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. I think he will be a good cover guy. But I am not sure how he fits unless they are already sure that some of the other guys are not going to be starters. It just seems to me that at some time you have to look to go somewhere else. I still don't see how they keep passing on QBs especially with the disaster they have had. You would think they would at least attempt to make Randy happy.

howard is fast but they lack physicality and toughness on D and Howard and Bing will not bring that as LBs. If they wanted to go D I think they should have gotten Bunckley and then somebody like Hodge or the Jackson kid (MLB). They need to add toughness not just more speed. They have speed on their D and it is doing nothing for them right now.

Cromartie will not contribute for the Chargers for a while. he has never really played college ball and his fundamentals are horrible. that being said he the athleticism to be coached up. I think we will burn him for a few years though.

I still don't have a clue what the chiefs are doing. I thought they turned the corner last year when they drafted Johnson but this year was a real step back. I don't think Hali will be the difference maker they need on D. He and Allen will combine to be a less than average set of DEs.

Just my opinion........Of course the careers of these players will determine if I am right or not. But it is fun to be critical of the other teams in our division..... Just for kicks and giggles of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X