Depth and Future Addressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth and Future Addressed

Greg Eslinger is the next Tom Nalen. Shanny said it himself, "he reminds me of him".

Brandon Marshall is someone who can solve our red zone problems and intermediate routes.

Dominik Hixon is very similar to Ashley Lelie in terms of speed with a 4.3 40, and looks to be our next returner instead of Darrent Williams.

Kuper is another building block in this Denver o-line, while Dumervil will provide some healthy pass rush competition on defence.

Tony Scheffler is next stud TE. Best hands in the draft at his position, monster size, only needs to work on his blocking, however as #2 TE, Alexander will do most of the blocking.

Jay Cutler is the future of the franchise for now. Perfect mold for our offence.

And aquired from draft trade flurry was Javon Walker, a very talented, but comming off an injury, WR who can make an imediate impact and looks to be the comeback player of this year.

Originally posted by ttejuco
    Greg Eslinger is the next Tom Nalen. Shanny said it himself, "he reminds me of him".

Brandon Marshall is someone who can solve our red zone problems and intermediate routes.

Dominik Hixon is very similar to Ashley Lelie in terms of speed with a 4.3 40, and looks to be our next returner instead of Darrent Williams.

Kuper is another building block in this Denver o-line, while Dumervil will provide some healthy pass rush competition on defence.

Tony Scheffler is next stud TE. Best hands in the draft at his position, monster size, only needs to work on his blocking, however as #2 TE, Alexander will do most of the blocking.

Jay Cutler is the future of the franchise for now. Perfect mold for our offence.

And aquired from draft trade flurry was Javon Walker, a very talented, but comming off an injury, WR who can make an imediate impact and looks to be the comeback player of this year.
    Yah, Denver is looking good this yr ... can't wait for the season to start !!!

Comment

Agree with you both!

A great draft by Shanny and I too am looking forward to next year.

Also looking forward to Cutler taking over the reins when Plummer leaves.
      Although I like Plummer and think he will do a good job.
      Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

But counting Walker, only 3 players acquired during the draft will see the field next year. Walker, Marshall (I assume as 4th WR), and Hixon as a returner. So i guess we are building for the future wit hthe other picks.

But someone help me out here.

LG + C + RG = 3 interior line positions
        hamilton + Myers + Eslinger + Kuper = 4 young interior linemen.

4 > 3. seems like a waste to me.
        Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
          But counting Walker, only 3 players acquired during the draft will see the field next year. Walker, Marshall (I assume as 4th WR), and Hixon as a returner. So i guess we are building for the future wit hthe other picks.

But someone help me out here.

LG + C + RG = 3 interior line positions
          hamilton + Myers + Eslinger + Kuper = 4 young interior linemen.

4 > 3. seems like a waste to me.
          Hamiton is our next center when Tom Nalen retires this year. There will be a void at left guard and eventually left tackle. There is also healthy competition at RG for Cooper Carlistle because he is mediocre at best.

Comment

Depth and Future Addressed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well put. Kuper can play guard and tackle, and is an upgrade as a back up.

Comment

Working...
            X