Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler's longest pass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cutler's longest pass

    I was able to trackdown the statline on Jay Cutler's longest pass, from one of their game stat books: http://vucommodores.com/assets/sport...tats041011.pdf on page 10

    VU INDIVIDUAL GAME HIGHS
    CATEGORY # PLAYER
    Rushes ................................... 22 ....................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    Yards Rushing ...................... 99 .........................Norval McKenzie at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    TD Rushes ............................. 1 .....................Kwane Doster vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    .................................................. ..................................Matthew Tant at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    .................................................. ......................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    .................................................. ................................................Ja y Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
    .................................................. ........................... Jay Cutler vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. .................... Steven Bright vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. ....................Matthew Tant vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. .............................................Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    .................................................. ....................................... Jeff Jennings vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    Long Rush ............................ 48 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    Pass attempts ....................... 38 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    Pass completions ................. 24 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    Yards Passing .....................270 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    TD Passes ............................... 2 .............................................. Jay Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
    Long Pass ............................. 71 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)


    So, now, to all the new Vandy fans here that were at that game... how many yards after the catch on that pass? Did he pas sit into the end zone for a TD, meaning he passed 71 yards in the air, or did the receiver have to run a few yards afterwards? Any one know?

    www.FootballTimes.org

    Join our growing football community!

    We buy football articles!
    Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncos
    I was able to trackdown the statline on Jay Cutler's longest pass, from one of their game stat books: http://vucommodores.com/assets/sport...tats041011.pdf on page 10

    VU INDIVIDUAL GAME HIGHS
    CATEGORY # PLAYER
    Rushes ................................... 22 ....................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    Yards Rushing ...................... 99 .........................Norval McKenzie at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    TD Rushes ............................. 1 .....................Kwane Doster vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    .................................................. ..................................Matthew Tant at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    .................................................. ......................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
    .................................................. ................................................Ja y Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
    .................................................. ........................... Jay Cutler vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. .................... Steven Bright vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. ....................Matthew Tant vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
    .................................................. .............................................Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    .................................................. ....................................... Jeff Jennings vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    Long Rush ............................ 48 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
    Pass attempts ....................... 38 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    Pass completions ................. 24 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    Yards Passing .....................270 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
    TD Passes ............................... 2 .............................................. Jay Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
    Long Pass ............................. 71 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)


    So, now, to all the new Vandy fans here that were at that game... how many yards after the catch on that pass? Did he pas sit into the end zone for a TD, meaning he passed 71 yards in the air, or did the receiver have to run a few yards afterwards? Any one know?

    the most TD passes in one game is 2. 2????? that is horrible school record. Being a tennessee fan i know that vandy is bad but 2 TD passes!!! that should be a qb game average and he did that back in 2004 not last year that scares me.

    Comment


    • #3
      ummm...

      probably because those are 2004 stats

      Comment


      • #4
        If this make you feel better his longest pass was around 75 yards where it landed was about a year ago. I am sure you might find it some where on the net. It was in either 2004-2005. Need to add he wasn't throwing to wide receiver just chucking the ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NBudris
          If this make you feel better his longest pass was around 75 yards where it landed was about a year ago. I am sure you might find it some where on the net. It was in either 2004-2005. Need to add he wasn't throwing to wide receiver just chucking the ball.
          Well, 75 yards, that's Favre territory.

          -----

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rockrules40
            the most TD passes in one game is 2. 2????? that is horrible school record. Being a tennessee fan i know that vandy is bad but 2 TD passes!!! that should be a qb game average and he did that back in 2004 not last year that scares me.

            http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cv...450&type=stats

            He threw 21 TD's in 2005 with 9 INT. The thing that was impressive was he went from 1844yds in 2004 to 3073 in 2005. Apparently something clicked on

            There were a few TD shutouts though as well....against Ole Miss and LSU.....but blew up against Florida with 4 and Kentucky with 5. If you go the link above...it's his erratic play against top teams and underwhelming performance that makes an impression on me. Jake was a HUGE prospect in College too....but he has yet to become an NFL elite QB...and ASU was solid when he played there. So a guy that has a losing career...doesn't really excite me at all.
            MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

            Comment


            • #7
              @Wake Forest Won 24-20
              Sep 10 @Arkansas Won 28-24
              Sep 17 Mississippi Won 31-23
              Sep 24 Richmond Won 37-13
              Oct 1 M. Tenn. St. Lost 15-17
              Oct 8 LSU Lost 6-34
              Oct 15 Georgia Lost 17-34
              Oct 22 @South Carolina Lost 28-35
              Nov 5 @Florida Lost 42-49
              Nov 12 Kentucky Lost 43-48
              Nov 19 @Tennessee Won 28-24

              Added lasts years scores

              Some one that has a losing record doesn't excite me either... Unless it's from the worst school in SEC. If I remember right don't hold me to this.. last year he won at arkansas and at tenn. He almost beat florida in florida. only game I remember he lost by alot was LSU game when his receivers droped every pass and were covered every single second. Theres only so much he could do for his team. He is only person that probably even got drafted from vandy. I dont know for sure but I would put money on that in a heart beat.

              I still won money on that LSU game they were favored by like thirty somthing lol

              Also he covered every point spread in his games last year.

              For him to compete with EVERY team last year almost single handly.. that gets me excited. Not just having him on our team... but playing against him on a different team.

              Any normal joe getting hit that much would be well.... Leinart got hit maybe 95% less time and has two shoulder surgeries lol I guess they are going to have to over protect his blind side in NFL.

              This guy just really excited me because he has so much touch on the ball like marino did but with arm and can take a hit like favre.

              Any body that seen this kid play he obviously shows a lot of poise and has heart.

              I am just Stoked we have this kid.. I thought for sure he was going to Jets or Raiders.

              SO I AM TOTALLY EXCITED... can't wait to see this kid play in pre season

              Comment


              • #8
                One of the things that clicked was that he finally got a decent wide receiver on the squad.

                Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                http://collegefootball.rivals.com/cv...450&type=stats

                He threw 21 TD's in 2005 with 9 INT. The thing that was impressive was he went from 1844yds in 2004 to 3073 in 2005. Apparently something clicked on

                There were a few TD shutouts though as well....against Ole Miss and LSU.....but blew up against Florida with 4 and Kentucky with 5. If you go the link above...it's his erratic play against top teams and underwhelming performance that makes an impression on me. Jake was a HUGE prospect in College too....but he has yet to become an NFL elite QB...and ASU was solid when he played there. So a guy that has a losing career...doesn't really excite me at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I doubt it

                  Originally posted by topscribe
                  Well, 75 yards, that's Favre territory.

                  -----

                  I don't think he threw the ball 75 yards in the air. That is a very long way

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by klgalyean
                    I don't think he threw the ball 75 yards in the air. That is a very long way
                    some where around there.. yeah he did. It was maybe around 73-77. I am seriouse. Oh and also he has more of an arm then Favre

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well . . .

                      Originally posted by klgalyean
                      I don't think he threw the ball 75 yards in the air. That is a very long way
                      Elway could throw the ball 80 yards. He actually did it.

                      Favre threw it 74 yards in one QB competition that I watched.

                      Manning, Brady, and Plummer can throw it between 65 and 70 yards.

                      Regardless of what you think, these are the facts.

                      -----

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Elway

                        Wow thats a great arm

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by topscribe
                          Elway could throw the ball 80 yards. He actually did it.

                          Favre threw it 74 yards in one QB competition that I watched.

                          Manning, Brady, and Plummer can throw it between 65 and 70 yards.

                          Regardless of what you think, these are the facts.

                          -----
                          From my reading of various stats and qb competitions it seems like Testaverde once threw a ball 82 yards at one of these.

                          Also Aaron Brooks was able to throw 74 once.

                          Favre also threw one about 74.

                          Brady and Manning when they came into teh NFL could only throw about 50-55, but now can throw 60-65.

                          Plummer can also throw in the neighborhood of 65.

                          Jeff george at one point was considered to have a great arm, but I was not able to find info on him, same with Ryan Leaf and Kyle Boller. Also could not find anything on how far Vick can throw.

                          www.FootballTimes.org

                          Join our growing football community!

                          We buy football articles!
                          Free football playbooks, football plays, flag football strategies and plays, backyard football, fantasy football, reviews, articles, coaching, and a discussion forum!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            cutler threw 5 TDs agaisnt kentucky and i beleive 4 against florida...most all were to freshman earl bennet...anyways..the long throw cutler had was against rutgers his jr year.......i would say it was near 60 yards...not 75...it was called back on a hold or something i forgot..........but anyways it was a helluva pass...the true story though is that vandy was up like 23 at halftime and didnt do jack **** on O the second half....cutler is as much to blame as anyone and was terrible in the 2nd half...a hell of a throw? yes, but he never shoulda been in that situation in the first place, and thats the bottom line

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dr. Broncos
                              I was able to trackdown the statline on Jay Cutler's longest pass, from one of their game stat books: http://vucommodores.com/assets/sport...tats041011.pdf on page 10

                              VU INDIVIDUAL GAME HIGHS
                              CATEGORY # PLAYER
                              Rushes ................................... 22 ....................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
                              Yards Rushing ...................... 99 .........................Norval McKenzie at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
                              TD Rushes ............................. 1 .....................Kwane Doster vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
                              .................................................. ..................................Matthew Tant at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
                              .................................................. ......................................... Jay Cutler at Ole Miss (Sep 18, 2004)
                              .................................................. ................................................Ja y Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
                              .................................................. ........................... Jay Cutler vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
                              .................................................. .................... Steven Bright vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
                              .................................................. ....................Matthew Tant vs Mississippi State (Oct 02, 2004)
                              .................................................. .............................................Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
                              .................................................. ....................................... Jeff Jennings vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
                              Long Rush ............................ 48 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)
                              Pass attempts ....................... 38 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
                              Pass completions ................. 24 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
                              Yards Passing .....................270 ............................. Jay Cutler vs South Carolina (09/04/2004)
                              TD Passes ............................... 2 .............................................. Jay Cutler at Navy (Sep 25, 2004)
                              Long Pass ............................. 71 ........................................... Jay Cutler vs Rutgers (Oct 9, 2004)


                              So, now, to all the new Vandy fans here that were at that game... how many yards after the catch on that pass? Did he pas sit into the end zone for a TD, meaning he passed 71 yards in the air, or did the receiver have to run a few yards afterwards? Any one know?
                              Dr. Bronco,

                              I was at that Rutgers game. The receiver got tackled as soon as he made the catch. That pass was awesome! It looked like the pass was 75 yards in the air maybe it was 71 yards in the air.

                              One more note. At the combine they time how fast they throw the ball. Jay was throwing the ball 61 MPH. Brodie from Alabama was throwing it 59 MPH and in the College "All Star" contest Brodie threw the football in the long distance competition 68 yards and it was not a tight spiral.

                              Jay can throw 75 yards!
                              Last edited by cutlerfan; 05-02-2006, 08:00 AM.



                              ----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

                              Where Jay Graduated!


                              I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X