Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think the value of lelie is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think the value of lelie is???

how about a decent DT?\

or maybe a 1st round pick for 2008 draft or something like that because I dont think hes worth that high of a pick for next year's draft

I've seen many suggestions for other WR's, but I think we are set there

Well you gotta look at the way Lelie plays football to determine his worth. In my oppinion he is not that great of a receiver and the reason is, 1) he can't consistantly catch a pass in traffic (over the middle) 2) he is bearly a deep threat. To make a long story short, he believes that he is the number 1 WR, however if that was the case then he would be in that position rather than Rod. The facts are he's not a #1 WR and now that we've aquired Walker he'll be battling for the number 3 position. His attitude so far with not showing up to workouts and voicing his oppinions about talks with T.O. to Mike, just show that he is not really trying to be a team player. That alone would bring his stocks down. I think that at best we might be able to get a third round pick or maybe a project DT, but I wouldn't expect anything big. Remember also this is his contract year so therefore teams might want to pass on him to see if he performs well enough this year to even earn another NFL contract.
    No matter what... Here's to ALL BRONCOS FANS!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan8791
      how about a decent DT?\

or maybe a 1st round pick for 2008 draft or something like that because I dont think hes worth that high of a pick for next year's draft

I dont think he is worth, he hasnt proved anything, he has difficulties catching a football, and the biggest thing will be the money Lelie will want, he think he can be a number 1 WR when clearly he is only around a #3 WR in reallity
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I think at best- at VERY BEST he is damaged goods and might be worth a mid- late 3rd rounder. If he doesn't play at all this year call it all off because we get nothing for him anyway- exaclty the same as Walker and GB.

So trade him quickly and let bygone's be bygone's, or lost him outright. Personally I wouldn't care if he did sit. He hasn't earned his keep as of this point anyway similar in a lot of way to Plummer.

Comment

I think it was clear how valuable he is when he was out there for 2 weeks trying to get a trade and the only thing offered was a 3rd rounder.

Comment

I'll take a bag of chips and a soda for him......Nobody likes a distraction...
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I'd take a second day pick and a rotational DT...

Comment

how about a decent DT?\

We should trade him for a conditional pick. Say a third rounder that could be bumped up to a 2nd if he gets 40 catches, or a 1st if he breaks 70 (not likely).
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

how about a decent DT?\

Well since no one "bit" on draft day, I would say his worth is about that of a 7-11 Chili Dog, and Nachos. If we're lucky we'll also get a Super Big-Gulp.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If we keep Ashley, preseason injuries can make teams immediately desperate. If not, I wouldn't mind having his talent on the roster one more year and then taking a comp pick for him as he moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                      Well since no one "bit" on draft day, I would say his worth is about that of a 7-11 Chili Dog, and Nachos. If we're lucky we'll also get a Super Big-Gulp.
                      MMMM 7-11; we better watch out Vince Wolfork might get hungry and come eat the thread..... Combine his eating habits with his IQ and there is one stupid overweight monster.....

As for Lelie he will play. This is a contract year and he can't afford not to. If he sits out he will not get any kind of a contract next year. He has not been good enough. I think he had his feelings hurt by all the talk of needing a WR and feels that we (the organization) doesn't respect him. But he will play and at some point he will play as though this is a contract year. His best way out is to play his rear off and get a big contract next year for another team or prove to us he is a number one and we will pay him as such....

Comment

Working...
                      X