Lelie To The Texans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelie To The Texans?

I looked to see if there were any other threads like this one and I didn't see any so here we go.

Several months ago in the Denver Post there was article on Lelie. Kubiak was interviewed and had nothing but praise for Ashley. So could the Texans be a legitimate trade partner is Kubes is so high on Lelie.

Does anyone know if there are any rumors out there that could support this possiblity. And mean rumors that seem to be credible.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I looked to see if there were any other threads like this one and I didn't see any so here we go.

Several months ago in the Denver Post there was article on Lelie. Kubiak was interviewed and had nothing but praise for Ashley. So could the Texans be a legitimate trade partner is Kubes is so high on Lelie.

Does anyone know if there are any rumors out there that could support this possiblity. And mean rumors that seem to be credible.

I haven't heard any trade rumors between the two, but if Lelie is all he thinks he is, shouldn't his former OC be wanting him on his roster??

Comment

I can tell you that Ashley Lelie would be just as unhappy here in Houston as he is in Denver. Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds will be #1 and #2, and even after Eric retires, Ashley will never beat out Andre Johnson for the number one slot. Also add that we have to have Mathis, so he'd be the fourth reciever, with Lelie as the third. I just don't see it working out
      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Originally posted by David_Carr
        I can tell you that Ashley Lelie would be just as unhappy here in Houston as he is in Denver. Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds will be #1 and #2, and even after Eric retires, Ashley will never beat out Andre Johnson for the number one slot. Also add that we have to have Mathis, so he'd be the fourth reciever, with Lelie as the third. I just don't see it working out

True dat'.

AJohnson is an absolute stud, and with Kubiak there fixing the Oline and implementing an aggressive passing scheme, your going to see AJ's numbers skyrocket.

Comment

I'm just trying to think of possiblities of where we could send him.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I'm just trying to think of possiblities of where we could send him.
            It's not that it's a bad choice, if we hadn't picked up Moulds, I would be all for getting Lelie. AJ, Lelie, Mathis. That's some serious speed. But I honestly think Lelie would be just as unhappy here
            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

You'd think the 49ers would be interested in him. Alex Smith needs all the weapons he can get, and they don't even have a #1 or #2 calibur reciever on their roster. Arnez Battle is the only guy I can name, and he isn't good.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. And surely Kubes would see that and not make the trade.

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                You'd think the 49ers would be interested in him. Alex Smith needs all the weapons he can get, and they don't even have a #1 or #2 calibur reciever on their roster. Arnez Battle is the only guy I can name, and he isn't good.
                Unfortunately, we already tried to get a 2nd rounder from the 49ers but they balked claiming that was way too much for him. So, I guess they aren't desperate enough.

But there's bound to be somebody out there willing to give something decent for a deep threat.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                  Sure they do. They signed Antonio Bryant in the offseason. He probably isn't a true #1 WR, but he is still a pretty good #2 WR.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Lelie needs to take Jakes advice to him, and that is come to Dove Valley, join his teammates, and work his a** off. If he had the right attitude, he could land a monster FA contract with someone next season when his contract is up.

However, right now, it appears that no one else believes he is any more than a deep threat or 3rd WR at best. I just don't see why he doesn't realize that. Oh well.
                    "I've always thought that Raider fans in Oakland were not so much fans as they were 50,000 people out on a work-release program." - John Elway.

Comment

It's not that it's a bad choice, if we hadn't picked up Moulds, I would be all for getting Lelie. AJ, Lelie, Mathis. That's some serious speed. But I honestly think Lelie would be just as unhappy here
                      I understand, its just something for us to chew on. I appreciate the input.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I mentioned in another thread, and got shot down, that Ashley Lelie would be a great additon to the Kansas City Chiefs. I posted that I thought a third round pick in the 2007 draft would be good compensation for him. If that's too high, maybe a conditional 4th round pick. KC needs receivers in my opinion. Trent Green throwing to Ashley Lelie would be a good combination. Yeah I know, they're our competion in the AFC West, but the trade works for everyone it seems to me.

Comment

Its not likely. He'll be the #3 WR there as well behind Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds so dont count on it!

Comment

Lelie

I dont think Denver was really gonna trade Lelie,it was bait the whole time :wave:

Comment

Look for Lelie to go to the Titans, Ravens, Vikings, Kansas City, Seattle, or San Diego next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X