If the Raiders werent stupid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Raiders werent stupid...

We wouldnt have had such a good draft... If they woulda been smart and taken a QB, then the Cards would have taken the last QB and we woulda stayed down at 15 and taken Chad Jackson... and then we might not have traded for Walker, and wouldnt have gotten a better TE than Scheffler, because we prolly woulda taken like Brodie Croyle instead. Wow, the Raiders just made us a heck of a lot better by being stupid and taking a Safety! Who the hell is their QB now... Tuiuasopo, or Walter, or maybe Marcus Vick...? HAHA
    Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
    http://www.sports303.com/
    sigpic

Thank you Lord for making the Fade such a dumb bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanBronco
      We wouldnt have had such a good draft... If they woulda been smart and taken a QB, then the Cards would have taken the last QB and we woulda stayed down at 15 and taken Chad Jackson... and then we might not have traded for Walker, and wouldnt have gotten a better TE than Scheffler, because we prolly woulda taken like Brodie Croyle instead. Wow, the Raiders just made us a heck of a lot better by being stupid and taking a Safety! Who the hell is their QB now... Tuiuasopo, or Walter, or maybe Marcus Vick...? HAHA

Their QB is Aaron Brooks, but I agree we probably wouldn't have got Cutler if they had taken leinart/cutler, however I highly doubt we would've drafted Chad Jackson.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Wow... I had never thought about that before.
        I'm rerally happy with the way the draft turned out.

Or, you could say if the Jets drafted Leinart then the Cardinals would have drafted Cutler. Same kind of scenario, but its easier to make the Raiders look dumb.
        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

According to Shanahan, one of the main reasons he took Cutler was because he didn't think he would have another chance to grab a qb of that caliber before he retired. Not saying that the Raiders didn't help us out, I just don't think he would have taken Brody Croyle or Kellen Clemens or Tarvarius Jackson or any other qb on the first day of the draft. What it sounds to me like, is that Shanny thought Cutler was special, and found himself in a position to make that pick. If he was that high on Maroney, (as he claimed to Peter King) the former Golden Gopher would have been our new RB and the rest of the draft would have fallen same way for Denver.
          I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

According to Shanahan, one of the main reasons he took Cutler was because he didn't think he would have another chance to grab a qb of that caliber before he retired. Not saying that the Raiders didn't help us out, I just don't think he would have taken Brody Croyle or Kellen Clemens or Tarvarius Jackson or any other qb on the first day of the draft. What it sounds to me like, is that Shanny thought Cutler was special, and found himself in a position to make that pick. If he was that high on Maroney, (as he claimed to Peter King) the former Golden Gopher would have been our new RB and the rest of the draft would have fallen same way for Denver.
            I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Shanny wouldn't have picked Chad Jackson. He said it himeslf if they stayed at #15 he would have picked Moroney.

Comment

Nothing in the draft that could have happened would have stopped us from trading #37 for Walker. He stayed in Denver when he got here on Friday and never left. I don't think it would have mattered who we got in the first round Shanny was still trying to get Walker no matter what. Plus, Shanny isn't as dumb as the Raiders and I doubt he would have though Jackson would be sufficient replacement and not need Walker if we got him.

Comment

Amazing. Simply amazing. So, taking 1 immediate need at safety for a poor defense is not as good as taking a QB, a loser in college I might add, as an immedate need when we're trying to learn how to win ourselves? QB is not our automatic need, today, right now, this hour, this very second. You guys were smart in moving up to take Cutler. But we would've been dumb for passing up on... get ready for this... the best DB in the draft. Swish. And the foul.

Cutler, for now, is a loser with impressive skills and a nice QB rating in college. But he hasn't won the big game. Shoot, the Vanderbilt Commodores would've lost to Lionel Richie & The Commodores. Brooks knows how to win. Yes he knows how to lose, but he's won some big games against good competition in the NFL. Cutler? Don't think so. At our current rebuilding stage, we don't need him when Walter is waiting. You chuckle at Walter? Check this out, his last collegiate season:

Walter's senior campaign featured a number of highs and lows. Walter lead the Sun Devils to an incredible comeback year where the Devils piled up an 8-3 record and clinched a berth in the Vitalis Sun Bowl. Walter also surpassed practically every ASU quarterback in every statistic. Walter also surpassed NFL legend John Elway as the Pac-10's all time touchdown leader. During the 2004 season, Walter helped the Devils seek revenge on #15 Iowa, blowing them out 44-7. His low point of the season came when Walter went down in the fourth quarter during the regular season finale against Arizona and suffered a third degree shoulder separation. This affected his draft status as he dropped to being selected in the third round, when many had once considered him to be first round material.
                  Name the last time Cutler won 8 games in a season. In 2 seasons combined. Heck, they only won 6 games in his first three seasons combined. Vanderbilt from 2002-2005: 11-33. So, why bring in another young QB when we have one in our midsts? Can you legitimately say Cutler will be a better pro than Walter? Assume Walter's shoulder is healed and you're potentially looking at the biggest steal in the draft, hands down. Cutler might be that as well, (Bush to New orleans aside) so it looks like we're both sitting pretty. :wave:

Now, back to our new safety/cornerback. Michael Huff adds youth and playmaking skills to our secondary. What would Jay Cutler ADD to our offense? Nothing. We're looking ahead to fill immediate holes, then solve questions that will play themselves out during the upcoming season. One year at a time. We will progress with a better defense. We will falter or go nowhere with a bad defense and a learning rookie/untested QB. I like the former over the latter.

Yeah, that sounds stupid. About 5xs smarter than taking a QB that could lead to a QB controversy. How many superbowl teams have post game conferences saying they overcame a QB controversy? New England? Wasn't controversial.

And the Huff pick was about 10xs smarter than Maurice Clarett pick. Jailhouse Orange seems to fit him better than a Mile High version.

Comment

Didn't you guys get Bullocks also? That means he gets to go play with is old teammate Washington. That set of DB's is getting a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                      Amazing. Simply amazing. So, taking 1 immediate need at safety for a poor defense is not as good as taking a QB, a loser in college I might add, as an immedate need when we're trying to learn how to win ourselves? QB is not our automatic need, today, right now, this hour, this very second. You guys were smart in moving up to take Cutler. But we would've been dumb for passing up on... get ready for this... the best DB in the draft. Swish. And the foul.

Cutler, for now, is a loser with impressive skills and a nice QB rating in college. But he hasn't won the big game. Shoot, the Vanderbilt Commodores would've lost to Lionel Richie & The Commodores. Brooks knows how to win. Yes he knows how to lose, but he's won some big games against good competition in the NFL. Cutler? Don't think so. At our current rebuilding stage, we don't need him when Walter is waiting. You chuckle at Walter? Check this out, his last collegiate season:

Name the last time Cutler won 8 games in a season. In 2 seasons combined. Heck, they only won 6 games in his first three seasons combined. Vanderbilt from 2002-2005: 11-33. So, why bring in another young QB when we have one in our midsts? Can you legitimately say Cutler will be a better pro than Walter? Assume Walter's shoulder is healed and you're potentially looking at the biggest steal in the draft, hands down. Cutler might be that as well, (Bush to New orleans aside) so it looks like we're both sitting pretty. :wave:

Now, back to our new safety/cornerback. Michael Huff adds youth and playmaking skills to our secondary. What would Jay Cutler ADD to our offense? Nothing. We're looking ahead to fill immediate holes, then solve questions that will play themselves out during the upcoming season. One year at a time. We will progress with a better defense. We will falter or go nowhere with a bad defense and a learning rookie/untested QB. I like the former over the latter.

Yeah, that sounds stupid. About 5xs smarter than taking a QB that could lead to a QB controversy. How many superbowl teams have post game conferences saying they overcame a QB controversy? New England? Wasn't controversial.

And the Huff pick was about 10xs smarter than Maurice Clarett pick. Jailhouse Orange seems to fit him better than a Mile High version.
                      LMAO! Do I detect the bitter pangs of jealosy since the Broncos were 14-4 while the Faders were utterly pathetic and we beat them like a gong at home and away?

The situations of both teams are utterly different. The Raiders are ALWAYS trying to win NOW, but they don't have the foundation for it. Thus, they are always picking at the top of the draft. They NEED a franchise QB like a fish needs water!

The Broncos actually have a team built to WIN NOW. They can either try to grab a player like Ngata for an immediate impact, or plan for the future. It's a luxury either way because either way the Broncos are going to be good next year and the Raiders are not.

Michael Huff fills the gaping void left by the departure of Rod Woodson, but that's like treading water! "Swish!"? Don't make me laugh! He'll be a rookie this year! And Javon Walker and Rod Smith will light him up like a Christmas tree!

And at every Matt Leinart TD for the next 10 years, Raider fans for years will be gritting their teeth, and Cardinals fans will be saying "thank you Al Davis!"

Frankly, I was concerned when the Raiders were on the clock that they might do something intelligent for a change, but I had faith in Al Davis and he pulled through! Just like he always does!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueBronc
                        Shanny wouldn't have picked Chad Jackson. He said it himeslf if they stayed at #15 he would have picked Moroney.

Yah, in the press conference Shany said if Cutler was off the board they would have picked Maroney and still made the trade for Walker ... but since the Faders passed him up, Denver picked Cutler

Comment

Originally posted by ManoRodriquez
                          Yah, in the press conference Shany said if Cutler was off the board they would have picked Maroney and still made the trade for Walker ... but since the Faders passed him up, Denver picked Cutler
                          True.. well he said he liked maroney because of the whole zone blocking scheme he came from but who knows who he had on his draft board rated under Cutler.

Faiders were idiots to pass up on some one that can throw so far and so accurate with moss on there team. Gosh I love how stupid raiders are

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                            LMAO! Do I detect the bitter pangs of jealosy since the Broncos were 14-4 while the Faders were utterly pathetic and we beat them like a gong at home and away?
                            At the end of the day, who was on the couch drowning their potato chips in sour cream & onion dip on Superbowl Day? Oakland. And Denver. No jealousy here unless you live in the Steel City. And if beating us gives you more bragging rights than supposed to beating a team in a conference title game on your home turf, then you need to get your winning priorities in order.

The situations of both teams are utterly different. The Raiders are ALWAYS trying to win NOW, but they don't have the foundation for it. Thus, they are always picking at the top of the draft. They NEED a franchise QB like a fish needs water!
                            You're right, they are utterly different. We are always trying to win now. I don't remember us picking at the top of the draft at the beginning of this decade because of back to back to back conference championships, do you? We have Brooks. Go ahead and laugh. Guess what. He can throw a ball, and throw it well. He's a premier athelete. Our need for defense, safety and linebacker is more immediate than a QB when we have a proven QB and no proven safety and linebacker. If you want to question our draft, do it for defensive tackle and not safety.

The Broncos actually have a team built to WIN NOW.
                            Difference between good and great. WIN NOW is great when your options are a QB who is not the answer and a young QB who is a questionable-at-best answer NOW. So, how does the JayJake winning NOW scenario fit this year vs. Manning? Rothlisberger? Brady? Palmer? Culpepper? Or even a possible McNair WITH a ready defense?

They can either try to grab a player like Ngata for an immediate impact, or plan for the future.
                            Wait, did I read that right. Say that again?

They can either try to grab a player like Ngata for an immediate impact, or plan for the future.
                            Or plan for the future. Aye, there's the rub. Leinart or Cutler might be the future. But they're not the now. Huff is the now and the future. 2 is greater than 1.

It's a luxury either way because either way the Broncos are going to be good next year and the Raiders are not.
                            Which is why we retooled our linebackers, safeties and o-line, to better an entire UNIT rather than a POSITION.

Michael Huff fills the gaping void left by the departure of Rod Woodson...
                            Did you mean Rod or Charles or both, which Huff can do. Gee, why did we choose him again?

Don't make me laugh! He'll be a rookie this year! And Javon Walker and Rod Smith will light him up like a Christmas tree!
                            Or fizzle like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree when Plummer is throwing over their heads and Cutler is throwing between their legs. Receivers aren't made by themselves last time I checked.

And at every Matt Leinart TD for the next 10 years, Raider fans for years will be gritting their teeth, and Cardinals fans will be saying "thank you Al Davis!"
                            Leinart was better fit for the Cards than for us because, like I said before, we have our next QB. Why have two next QBs? Which leads me to this intetresting tidbit you brought up...

Frankly, I was concerned when the Raiders were on the clock that they might do something intelligent for a change, but I had faith in Al Davis and he pulled through! Just like he always does!
                            Oh, but here's something funny for you to chew on. I was concerned when Denver was on the clock, as they had a potential 1700+ yard back waiting for them, with a chip on his shoulder, ready to show the world he was 1st round material. Goes by the name of Lendale White.

If LenDale White (the RB you passed up on because of a few pounds and "character issues") leads the Titans to playoff appearance after playoff appearance, with a QB who came in the same year as Cutler, all the while Cutler thows pick after pick after pick, I'll make sure to hold down my laughter, which will be heard from coast to coast. There was a thread here that asked if Ron Dayne should start this year. If he does, compare his numbers to White's for the next three years and see if you're laughing. Or even smiling. Compare White's career to Cutler's and see if those perly whites are shattering mirrors or clenching themselves to bits.
                            Last edited by DevilSpawn; 05-02-2006, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueBronc

True dat. Shanny is a proud member of the ABWRFRC!!

Comment

Working...
                              X