Did shanny actually want Leinhart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did shanny actually want Leinhart?

so what's the deal? i'm sure that you have also heard that we almost traded up to #8 with buffalo to select leinhart, but that the bills balked. so does that mean that shanny would have prefered leinhart? by the way he's talking, it sounds like he prefered cutler. what's the deal?

I dunno, and I don't care. I'd take Cutler 8 days a week because he's a Bronco now, and that's all that matters!

Comment

No, I believe Shanahan said that he had Cutler rated as the #1 QB all along... And the Denver Post was saying that the Broncos were targeting Dante Whitner, or possibly trading back to get Maroney later in the 1st...

But they could have had Maroney so I'm thinking Whitner going to Buffalo pretty much sealed the deal, and once Leinart came off the board Shanny knew that there were no more QB's on the board to buy him time so he pulled the trigger on his guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
        No, I believe Shanahan said that he had Cutler rated as the #1 QB all along... And the Denver Post was saying that the Broncos were targeting Dante Whitner, or possibly trading back to get Maroney later in the 1st...

But they could have had Maroney so I'm thinking Whitner going to Buffalo pretty much sealed the deal, and once Leinart came off the board Shanny knew that there were no more QB's on the board to buy him time so he pulled the trigger on his guy.
        Grassy Ass...

Comment

shanny wanted Cutler and Maroney. If cutler wasnt on the board or couldnt trade up to get him, he would have taken maroney at 15

Comment

Working...
          X