Dr. Z's Draft Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Z's Draft Report

I noticed that SI's Dr. Z gave us an A for the draft..............serious questin since I don't to see these kids, does he know what he's talking about?

BRONCOS: Two years ago Javon Walker caught 89 balls for the Packers. He wanted a long-term deal. Instead he got a torn ACL in his right knee. But wait, the story has a happy ending, because on draft day this year he was traded to Shanahan U., which also moved up to draft QB Jay Cutler, rated by some as the best of the Big Three. And how are these for extra weapons in the receiving game -- Tony Scheffler, a swift TE, Brandon Marshall, an oversized wideout? I mean there's going to be more firepower in the air over Denver than the RAF threw at the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain.
    That made me chuckle, 'cause we didn't have any firepower, just a bucketload of guts and desperation..................still if the end results the same, I'll take it

Draft Report Card

Is he right, or is he talking out of his backside?
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Thanks for the read, but . . .

-

I don't care what grade he gave for our draft . . .

He's still an idiot.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      -

I don't care what grade he gave for our draft . . .

He's still an idiot.

-----
      Fair enough, Top.

Like I say, I don't really get to see much if any college ball, so the only way I've got to get a vibe on these players is the so called experts and the good (and not so good ) peeps on here.

At least he made me laugh, for a second at any rate
      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

We did really help out our offense this draft though. The only problem with the tight end that I hear people crying about is the blocking, this is also the easiest thing that you can teach a guy(especially that already has the size) out of all the skills the tight ends are used for in todays NFL. It is much harder to teach one to be a receiver than a blocker. Our receivers got a ton better although Walker will probably be the only real productive one this and maybe next season. The o-line now has depth for when all these grandpa's leave the team in a couple seasons. Of course the last thing we now have a good chance at haveing a QB that can lead us to playoffs for the next 15 years and be there if Plummer gets hurt before he has taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
          Fair enough, Top.

Like I say, I don't really get to see much if any college ball, so the only way I've got to get a vibe on these players is the so called experts and the good (and not so good ) peeps on here.

At least he made me laugh, for a second at any rate
          I've just seen so much ignorance from the guy, I'm not impressed by anything he writes.

But, as I said, thanks for posting it. I do appreciate it.

-----

Comment

I've just seen so much ignorance from the guy, I'm not impressed by anything he writes.

But, as I said, thanks for posting it. I do appreciate it.

-----
            Top if you truly want to see the work of an idiot go here:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...er=asc&start=0

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede

Thanks. You're right . . .

At first, I thought you were linking one of my posts.

-----

Comment

Thanks. You're right . . .

At first, I thought you were linking one of my posts.

-----
                lol I wouldnt do that.

Comment

Atcually, the RAF was severly outnumbered by the Luftwaffe one a plane-to-plane basis.

But that's neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                    Atcually, the RAF was severly outnumbered by the Luftwaffe one a plane-to-plane basis.

Youre right.

I dont like that comparison to begin with, but when you bring up that point it makes it wrong on so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977

So maybe he is saying we don't have the quantity but the quality?

Comment

Just wow.... aparently he like many others don't realize what 14-4 means. To explain this since people keep saying we need something to get to the super bowl. 1. We have a fairly young team at many spots that are now going to be that much better. 2. You can never get rookies and expect them to push you over the top, It is like telling your new born to go get a job and pay the bills. SUPER BOWL 2006!

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                          Dr. Zero no less about football than G.W.B.
                          Please understand, Deuce, I'm not trying to insult you . . .

But I don't understand a word you said.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                            Just wow.... aparently he like many others don't realize what 14-4 means. To explain this since people keep saying we need something to get to the super bowl. 1. We have a fairly young team at many spots that are now going to be that much better. 2. You can never get rookies and expect them to push you over the top, It is like telling your new born to go get a job and pay the bills. SUPER BOWL 2006!
                            He said we need alot of rookies that can step in and play now?

I thought we had 3 holes to fill because of the cuts we made, TE (Putz) RB (Marine Mike) and D-Line (Pryce)

We signed Lang who is basically the same exact player as Pryce, drafted a TE in the second, and added to our receivers.

The only legitimate beef he could have had would be that we didnt draft a runningback but we signed Mike Bell yesterday who should provide nice depth for us.

We used the draft to solidify our future with a franchise quarterback, and the pick ups of Eslinger and the other guy were key in the later rounds for the future of the offensive line.

Todd Helmuck of nationalchamps.net said Eslinger was the BEST run blocker in the ENTIRE draft at any position on the offfensive line. Yet we get a D from Einstein.

Comment

I sometimes find Pompei's writing interesting and I even sometimes agree with him, but not on this one.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X