Quit all the whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit all the whining

It's getting old hearing some of you state over and over again about how you are upset about Cutler. I am sorry you just don't pass up that kind of talent. When will Denver be back there ever again to get a guy like that for the future. Get over it. Jay is a bronco and will be for years to come. I know all of you people that are upset will forget all the negativity you spit out when we have a great 2006 season and are excellent for years to come because we will have a solid leader behind center. So quit the whining nothing can be done about it and you know you will be praising it later.
    I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

Originally posted by broncofan27
    It's getting old hearing some of you state over and over again about how you are upset about Cutler. I am sorry you just don't pass up that kind of talent. When will Denver be back there ever again to get a guy like that for the future. Get over it. Jay is a bronco and will be for years to come. I know all of you people that are upset will forget all the negativity you spit out when we have a great 2006 season and are excellent for years to come because we will have a solid leader behind center. So quit the whining nothing can be done about it and you know you will be praising it later.
    So, you are entitled to your opinion because you like the move but anybody who doesn't like the pick can't voice their opinion?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      So, you are entitled to your opinion because you like the move but anybody who doesn't like the pick can't voice their opinion?
      it's not like that...it's that it seems every other second that is a thread started whining about...i just hate reading all the negativity...Bronco fans are better than that...Thats why I love being a bronco fan. They have always been loyal and seem to look at the upside instead of the downside of things.

Comment

it's not like that...it's that it seems every other second that is a thread started whining about...i just hate reading all the negativity...Bronco fans are better than that...Thats why I love being a bronco fan. They have always been loyal and seem to look at the upside instead of the downside of things.
        I can understand where you're coming from. There are definite times when there is way too much negativity here for me as well. While there are no rules that say you have to be optimistic, it sure seems like a more pleasant way to enjoy the team.

I generally try not to complain too much when Broncos related events are not going the way I would prefer. But my personal complaints about this draft have more to do with a continual build up of frustration I feel due to Shanny's persistent neglect of the defensive line early in the draft.

Each year at draft time, it pushes me a little further into -ville.

But I always get over it and look forward to the new season like everyone else.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I couldnt' disagree with this more....

I am a Bronco fan and love being a fan as well. I want to go on record and say that I loved this draft (the first one I have enjoyed in a long time). But I do not agree with this posted thread regardless of my view of the draft.

I also think it is important for people to voice their opinions. It is also important for us to expect the organization to make accountable and good decisions. Should we blindly support bad decisions? It is the fans voice that is forcing change in alot of markets. While I don't think change is in order here I do think it is the responsibility of the fan to voice and share their true opinion. Everybody has a right to share how they feel. If we don't like the concept or what we feel to be negativity don't read the thread or start a different one. But I certainly think it would squelch good discussions if we didn't want people ever focusing a negative view on the moves the team makes.

this discussion forum would be boring and I certainly would not come around anymore if it was only a bunch of homers that blindly support regardless of the decisions that are made......

We should always encourage positive (not necessarily pro team but on football topics and not personal attacts), intellectual discussion regardless of whether it is for or against the decisions of the team. That is what makes a good forum.

There is a big difference, in my opinion of course, between whining and voicing a legitimate concern with the direction the team has gone...... Lets not discourage the latter... But rather try to explain why you disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
            I couldnt' disagree with this more....

I am a Bronco fan and love being a fan as well. I want to go on record and say that I loved this draft (the first one I have enjoyed in a long time). But I do not agree with this posted thread regardless of my view of the draft.

I also think it is important for people to voice their opinions. It is also important for us to expect the organization to make accountable and good decisions. Should we blindly support bad decisions? It is the fans voice that is forcing change in alot of markets. While I don't think change is in order here I do think it is the responsibility of the fan to voice and share their true opinion. Everybody has a right to share how they feel. If we don't like the concept or what we feel to be negativity don't read the thread or start a different one. But I certainly think it would squelch good discussions if we didn't want people ever focusing a negative view on the moves the team makes.

this discussion forum would be boring and I certainly would not come around anymore if it was only a bunch of homers that blindly support regardless of the decisions that are made......

We should always encourage positive (not necessarily pro team but on football topics and not personal attacts), intellectual discussion regardless of whether it is for or against the decisions of the team. That is what makes a good forum.

There is a big difference, in my opinion of course, between whining and voicing a legitimate concern with the direction the team has gone...... Lets not discourage the latter... But rather try to explain why you disagree.
            This is a good post and mostly true BUT, noone can know how any of these picks will play in the NFL so how can any of us say they are bad decisions. It isn't like anyone got to sit down and review every game they played then go talk to them and work them out to see what potential they can bring to the team. Everyone that is ranting about our picks right now are just doing so because they didn't have the guy they wanted picked. They also didn't get to do nearly enough scouting on the person they wanted picked because if they where the better athlete you have to trust your team would take them. If you have lack of confidence in your teams decisions before you even see how they pan out then you are not a good supporter of the team. This means you should go find a team that makes decisions you like because they are a team that fits your needs better.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
              This is a good post and mostly true BUT, noone can know how any of these picks will play in the NFL so how can any of us say they are bad decisions. It isn't like anyone got to sit down and review every game they played then go talk to them and work them out to see what potential they can bring to the team. Everyone that is ranting about our picks right now are just doing so because they didn't have the guy they wanted picked. They also didn't get to do nearly enough scouting on the person they wanted picked because if they where the better athlete you have to trust your team would take them. If you have lack of confidence in your teams decisions before you even see how they pan out then you are not a good supporter of the team. This means you should go find a team that makes decisions you like because they are a team that fits your needs better.
              While we don't know how the players will turn out, we certainly know the positions they play and the players we have. We came one game away from the super bowl and we lost because we don't have a pass rush without blitzing the house and we got out physicalled up front on D. So many people are concerned that we didn't at least try to address the problem. I see the point. I don't agree with it because I think the move for Cutler was good.

But when you view what we have and what we drafted people have every right in the world to be concerned about the direction.

If we had drafted corners with every pick of the first four rounds; wouldn't we have the right to be concerned? Of course we would. The same concept applies here. Many don't see how these players will impact the team in the near future. Based on what we already have in place.

Comment

Well I think some of the negitivity will subside with time. Not all of it to be sure but some. On the one hand I am in agreement with Jav about us not taking a defensive lineman in this draft. Shanahan has overlooked these two positions for far to long. On the other hand I am ok with taking Cutler because its not like he is considered a reach. All but one article that I have read so far has actually given high marks to this years draft picks.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I hate when people whine about people whining.

I don't whine about many things. I whined when we decided to keep Walls instead of Herndon. I whined when we signed Rice. And yes, I'm one of the whiners about this Cutler pick. But from this post forward I will blindly follow the Broncos. I'll ignore what I think are bad moves and praise everything they do.

- Cutler is the next Elway
                  - Scheffler was the best TE in the draft
                  - Marshall is the next T.O.
                  - Dumervil was a steal and he's the next Dwight Freeney
                  - Kuper and Eslinger (who's the next Nalen btw) could start this season but we already have the best O-line in the history of the NFL
                  - Hixon, well I don't know anything about him, but since the Broncos drafted him he's going to be great!

How am I doing so far?

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete

I don't whine about many things. I whined when we decided to keep Walls instead of Herndon. I whined when we signed Rice. And yes, I'm one of the whiners about this Cutler pick. But from this post forward I will blindly follow the Broncos. I'll ignore what I think are bad moves and praise everything they do.

- Kuper and Eslinger (who's the next Nalen btw) could start this season but we already have the best O-line in the history of the NFL
                    - Hixon, well I don't know anything about him, but since the Broncos drafted him he's going to be great!

How am I doing so far?
                    Great post your right on track...

Comment

Originally posted by In-com-plete

How am I doing so far?
                      I am not talking about following blindly...I am talking about the fact of where do we go when Plummers done. Do we bring in another free agent and get to listen to Shanny say it takes a quarterback two or even 3 years to learn my system? I think it was by far the SMARTEST move in the draft. We now have a top talent QB that can learn the "system" without having a direct affect on the game. I am just wishing people would see the upside. I feel so many people around here try to find anything possible that is negative about the team and whine about it. And just to show you that I have found the light my first thought when I saw the pick was that why did we do that? But before I went and ran my mouth about it I thought about it and looked at the upside...read about cutler and now I can honestly say it was the smartest move in the draft.

Comment

I am not talking about following blindly...I am talking about the fact of where do we go when Plummers done. Do we bring in another free agent and get to listen to Shanny say it takes a quarterback two or even 3 years to learn my system? I think it was by far the SMARTEST move in the draft. We now have a top talent QB that can learn the "system" without having a direct affect on the game. I am just wishing people would see the upside. I feel so many people around here try to find anything possible that is negative about the team and whine about it. And just to show you that I have found the light my first thought when I saw the pick was that why did we do that? But before I went and ran my mouth about it I thought about it and looked at the upside...read about cutler and now I can honestly say it was the smartest move in the draft.
                        The point is that not everyone has to share this opinion with you. It is a good argument. But if you feel that everyone who doesn't agree with you is whining then there is no point at all for discussion.

We don't know that it is the smartest move of the draft. That is not a fact. that is your opinion alot of people share it. But not everyone agrees with this analysis. And those that feel that it was not a good move have the right to voice it.

I really don't see how this is whining. It sounds to me like you are whining because everyone doesn't agree.

Comment

The guys that are "whining" about the picks, where would they have rather gone?

Instead of crying about the picks, try arguing your difference on whay Denver should have gone someplace else.

Comment

It is a no brainer it was the best move. Some people like to be different though. There special in there own way j/k every one... I would have been happy with a huge guy like ngata so one of our line backers could get through with more ease etc., but come on Cutler no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                              The guys that are "whining" about the picks, where would they have rather gone?

Instead of crying about the picks, try arguing your difference on whay Denver should have gone someplace else.
                              I've been arguing the same thing for 3 days now. And I've said who I think we should have drafted. I don't want to sound like mntnman and hammer the same thing over and over but since you asked I will.

How many teams make it to the final four and spend next years first round draft pick on a future franchise QB when their QB has atleast 4 good years left in him. I mean Jake has improved every year while in Denver and we have a 32-11 record with him. Making the playoffs every year he's been here.

Jake Plummer was not the weakest link last year. Jake Plummer was not the reason we lost in the AFCCG. Jake Plummer didn't allow the Steelers to convert like 8 of their first 9 third down conversions. Jake Plummer did not fail to get pressure on Roethlesburger while he converted third and long after third and long.

Can you guess who I wanted in the first round? Can you guess what position(s) Shanahan has ignored year in and year out?

If you said DT or DE you win. I don't think we should have taken a DE with #11, but Ngata or Bunkley was right there. Either one, preferably Ngata, would have been good. Ngata helps us win right now and that's exactly who I feel we should have drafted.

I will say I have nothing against Cutler, it just seems every year some QB comes out of nowhere and gets drafted high. Boller, Losman, and Alex Smith come to mind. I hope Cutler isn't like those three.

BTW, I read an article about a year ago by Len Pasquerreli. He was talking how the Pats always draft lineman high and pay them well. But he kinda bashed the Broncos/Shanahan (nothing new there) for not investing early picks in lineman. He said that's the reason we are always taking chances on guys like Gardner and Brown and Warren. I thought this was just another article where the writer wants to take his shots at us. But now I realize what he was talking about. Now I see how important the D-line is. We never invest early in the D-line and this was the time to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X