No announcement yet.

We are now a passing team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Vandy players were invited to the combine?

Answer: one...Jay Cutler

Now, how many combined for USC and Texas?

Answer: more than two

Of course Jay isn't going to rack up gaudy numbers, for crying out loud he was playing for frieking Vanderbilt.

Quick...name Vandy's coach...or a player from Vandy in the last oh one hundred yrs not named Jay Cutler.

Of the top 3 selected QB's Jay was:

arm strength: first
    accuracy: second
    speed: second

If it wasn't for Jay Cutler, Vandy would've been lucky to win one or two games over the past four years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipes7
      How many Vandy players were invited to the combine?

Of course Jay isn't going to rack up gaudy numbers, for crying out loud he was playing for frieking Vanderbilt.

Quick...name Vandy's coach...or a player from Vandy in the last oh one hundred yrs not named Jay Cutler.

If it wasn't for Jay Cutler, Vandy would've been lucky to win one or two games over the past four years.
      lol very well said, cp

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipes7
        How many Vandy players were invited to the combine?

Actually, some of the evaluations I read favored Cutler's accuracy over the others, too.

This is because he had to let go of his passes much more quickly into tighter windows against heavier pressure.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
          Actually, some of the evaluations I read favored Cutler's accuracy over the others.

This is because he had to let go of his passes much more quickly into tighter windows against heavier pressure.

-----

I was just going off of a couple of mags that I read pre-draft, that's all...

I do not doubt what you are saying in the slightest though!

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
            If you think any QB could do what they did with their teams then you are just as crazy....

IMO ML or VY would have more than 11 games with Vanderbilt but thats just me
            That's because you are biased and have OBVIOUSLY not read any of the scouting reports concerning all 3 QB's.

If you had, you would soon discover that in many circles Cutler was the best choice, when looking at his entire skill set, when compared to the other two.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
              That's because you are biased and have OBVIOUSLY not read any of the scouting reports concerning all 3 QB's.

If you had, you would soon discover that in many circles Cutler was the best choice, when looking at his entire skill set, when compared to the other two.

Nah. Its all about stats and bowl wins. Disregard anything to do with the talent that ML and VY had around them. That has nothing to do with how well they did.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Wha . . . ?

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                If you think any QB could do what they did with their teams then you are just as crazy....

You can actually say that after all this?

I'll tell you what, GC. If you have followed my posts over the months, you have seen me change my views from time to time because others have presented evidence that superceded mine. But you have decided that you will NOT change your mind, no matter what.

For that reason, this discussion is over, far as I'm concerned.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp

Come on Grid did I say anywhere that ANY qb could do what ML and VY did with their respective teams?

You really think Leinart and Young would have put the same kind of numbers at Vandy with personell that Cutler had? And you call me crazy?

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by topscribe
                    You can actually say that after all this?

I'll tell you what, GC. If you have followed my posts over the months, you have seen me change my views from time to time because others have presented evidence that superceded mine. But you have decided that you will NOT change your mind, no matter what.

For that reason, this discussion is over, far as I'm concerned.

-----
                    Top when I read that load from Grid I about fell out of my chair.
                    Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-04-2006, 08:49 PM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      Oh so winning bowl games is the same as being a great qb prospect. How does winning freakin bowl game make them better athletes? I'll take breaking down game film of player and how he preforms over bowl game wins.

Your beef is with Jaworski and Young maybe you should take it up with them about how to grade out draft prospects.
                      I didn't want to go back and read all of these threads, so I don't know if this was mentioned here or not.

But Elway had a losing record in college and never played in a Bowl game.

I guess the NFL has some pretty lax rules on getting into the HOF.

When evaluating a player for the pros, you look at the individual, and whether they PERSONALLY possess the BASIC skills to be successful in the NFL.

What did Shanny have to say when he spoke to Jay on draft day?

"Being a former coach in the SEC, I can appreciate your accomplishments playing for Vanderbilt." - Mike Shanahan

When it comes to the draft, TEAM records are thrown out the window. INDIVIDUAL performance is what is evaluated.

Any "normal" fan would know this.
                      sigpic

Comment

Come on Grid did I say anywhere that ANY qb could do what ML and VY did with their respective teams?

You really think Leinart and Young would have put the same kind of numbers at Vandy with personell that Cutler had? And you call me crazy?

oh come on, leinart only had two of the top four RBs in the nation, a 1st day TE, 3 OL who got drafted, and two WRs who will be drafted next year. . . . not to mention one of the best coaches in college football. . . .

cutler didn't have a single teammate who got drafted. . . .

personally, i can't see a single reason his stats shouldn't be as good as leinarts'. . . .
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Nah. Its all about stats and bowl wins. Disregard anything to do with the talent that ML and VY had around them. That has nothing to do with how well they did.
                          -- --

Anyone can LOOK dominant when they are surrounded by above average talent.

To me it is comparable to Mario Williams, he had 2 other 1st round picks on the same line (Manny Lawson, #22, 49ers - John McCargo, #26, Bills)... I wonder who is the TRULY dominant one, or if ANY of them can succeed on their own, with players not as talented playing beside them.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                            I didn't want to go back and read all of these threads, so I don't know if this was mentioned here or not.

When evaluating a player for the pros, you look at the individual, and whether they PERSONALLY possess the BASIC skills to be successful in the NFL.

"Being a former coach in the SEC, I can appreciate your accomplishments playing for Vanderbilt." - Mike Shanahan

When it comes to the draft, TEAM records are thrown out the window. INDIVIDUAL performance is what is evaluated.

If you didn't read post #151 by Grid you really ought too. Its a hoot.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

He just called GC abnormal...

Comment

• Exactly

Originally posted by dogfish
                                i was curious about that also-- i'd love to see a link to any reliable source even mentioning bell being on the trading block. . . . i suspect it's as much a wishful figment of some fans' imagination as saying that bell is injury-prone-- some people just flat-out don't like the kid becuase he doesn't run guys over. . . .
                                dog, Tbell doesnt have to run people over. B/c once he gets that corner its dubbies and pins (a wrap) he gone. His speed is tremendous. Reports say he's bulking up. Will that effect his breakaway speed?

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Working...
                                X