We are now a passing team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by topscribe
    No, in fact, Cutler's stats are pretty comparable to the other QBs, other than the W-L, which is more of a team stat.

I was just looking at them today . . . wish I had bookmarked them or something.

-----
    I got you covered....

2005 - 462 att / 273 comp / 59.1% / 3,073 yards / 21 TD / 9 INT / 126.1 rating
    2004 - 241 att / 147 comp / 61.0% / 1,844 yards / 10 TD / 5 INT / 134.8 rating
    2003 - 327 att / 187 comp / 57.2% / 2,347 yards / 18 TD / 13 INT / 127.7 rating
    2002 - 212 att / 103 comp / 48.6% / 1,433 yards / 10 TD / 9 INT / 112.4 rating

Career 1242 att / 710 comp / 57.2% / 8,697 yards / 59 TD / 36 INT / 125.9 rating

THESE ARE THE INDIVIDUAL STATS!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dogfish
      oh come on, leinart only had two of the top four RBs in the nation, a 1st day TE, 3 OL who got drafted, and two WRs who will be drafted next year. . . . not to mention one of the best coaches in college football. . . .

cutler didn't have a single teammate who got drafted. . . .

personally, i can't see a single reason his stats shouldn't be as good as leinarts'. . . .

What was I thinking. Thanks for setting me straight dogfish. Iyou.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
        I got you covered....

Career 1242 att / 710 comp / 57.2% / 8,697 yards / 59 TD / 36 INT / 125.9 rating

I love the fact that we got Cutler...but is it just me or does his ratings in his fresh and soph years look like they might be wrong.

I know that you didn't compute these stats, don't get me wrong. But a 100 rating is pretty gosh darn good and those years don't look like they warrant that type of rating...just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipes7
          I love the fact that we got Cutler...but is it just me or does his ratings in his fresh and soph years look like they might be wrong.

I know that you didn't compute these stats, don't get me wrong. But a 100 rating is pretty gosh darn good and those years don't look like they warrant that type of rating...just wondering.
          The college qb rating system different than that in the NFL. Please just don't ask me what the differences.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
            The college qb rating system different than that in the NFL. Please just don't ask me what the differences.

No wonder why Danny Wuerfel(spell check) won a Heisman!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
              I got you covered....

Thanks for do this Mntman. I didn't know how to put them in so nice and neat.
              Last edited by TXBRONC; 05-05-2006, 05:23 AM.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• C'mon GC,

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                Once again just believing everybody else not getting your own info?

Im sorry but i'll look at stats, combine workouts, and pro day work outs rather than take someones word on a player

C'mon Top i figured you wouldnt believe everyone

dont u know that 40times, combine workouts, pro day workouts, etc.....are all overated. There is no telling how these players are gonna turnout.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipes7

I thought that looked high, too. For instance, the career passing percentage (57.2%) looked a little low, as well as the avg. yards gained per attempt, and the TD:INT ratio was pretty low for that lofty of a rating. So I calculated it myself. I didn't go back and double-check it, but I was pretty careful. I came up with a passer rating for the total of the four years at 84.5. Now, if you take away Cutler's freshman year, the passer rating would increase dramatically, I'm sure. But it takes a while to figure a passer rating, so I'm not going to do it right now.

-----
                  Last edited by topscribe; 05-04-2006, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• from running to passing team in one off-season?

i dont think that the transition to Running team, to passing team would be so simple as draft and sing a lot of WR.

In the other hand, yeah, now we got a lot of WR, its gonna be interesting how this offencesive works. I think that the formers WR like Rod and Javon can help the bunch of new-ones.

If we do beacame a passing team succesfull i would say FINALY we're going to see some action.

By the way i believe that there's not a good idea, let Jay Cutler repleace Jake Plummer in his rookie year. I think that the next season (afeter this one), would be the perfect situation, once he get to know the recivers and learn the system. It may sound like an old cliche, but its true.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF_forever
                      Look at who we've had in the back field before, we will always have a runnning game.

Our running game will never be garbage because of our offensive line, and look at Clinton Portis he never has those long runs in Washington like he did in denver

Comment

• Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                        dog, Tbell doesnt have to run people over. B/c once he gets that corner its dubbies and pins (a wrap) he gone. His speed is tremendous. Reports say he's bulking up. Will that effect his breakaway speed?

I do not think it will effect his speed at all, because that is his style of running.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks our ground game will EVER be surpassed by a passing game is sadly mistaken. As long as we have Shanahan, that will never change. I don't care if we have Jerry Rice in his prime, and Dan Marino throwing to him, our ground game will always be our first source of yardage. And who is questioning Shanahan's ability to train, draft, and perfect RB's? We are a running team, and always will be so long as we have Shanahan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
                            dont u know that 40times, combine workouts, pro day workouts, etc.....are all overated. There is no telling how these players are gonna turnout.
                            But because Jaws said they will turn out they are going too?

Thats my point, you cant say anyone is a top PLAYER out fo the draft, you can say top PROSPECT in the draft but not a top player
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
                              But because Jaws said they will turn out they are going too?

Thats my point, you cant say anyone is a top PLAYER out fo the draft, you can say top PROSPECT in the draft but not a top player

All you're doing is argueing with people just to be argueing. The words can and do get used interchangably. In Kiper did it several times last weekend. Its arrogant and arguementive for you try and tell people what words they can and not use.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by Dry Kill Logic
                                We don't have much of a ground game. Dayne will never be good and if you look at Bell crossed eyed he will be on IR for 8 games. Are we going to be able to win without a running game? I don't think so.
                                Ron Dayne had more yards in college than anyone in a simillar running style that Denver runs.

Tatum Bell is a home run threat every time he touches the ball.

And if that's not enough, Mike Bell, Cedric Cobbs, Cecil Sapp, and Brandon Miree all have more talent than Olandis Gary, and he went for a 1000 yards in this offense.

Don't be too surprised to see someone sneak up on the starting position ie: Mike Bell or Cedric Cobbs.

Now, beyond all of that, if you take into consideration that our passing game has been upgraded, that will take pressure off of the running game. If Walker, Smith, and Scheffler are all working well, and possibly a Marshall or Terell in the slot, then they can't stack the line. Every facet of this offense works off of the other, and when one is working really well, it makes the other better by default.

So even if we are a passing team now, that means our running game will be just fine.

But just for the record... We are NOT a passing team.
                                God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X