'06 O-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 O-line

can someone help me out with who will be the offensive linemen we keep on the final roster this year. presumably lepsis, hamilton, nalen, carslisle, and foster will start. if we keep kuper and eslinger to backup at guard and center, it looks like last years pickup chris myres is a goner. what about pj alexander coming off the injury. and is cornell green basically our only backup at tackle? anyone know how many o-linemen we usually keep on the final roster? GO BRONCOS!!

Originally posted by smilin'assassin
    can someone help me out with who will be the offensive linemen we keep on the final roster this year. presumably lepsis, hamilton, nalen, carslisle, and foster will start. if we keep kuper and eslinger to backup at guard and center, it looks like last years pickup chris myres is a goner. what about pj alexander coming off the injury. and is cornell green basically our only backup at tackle? anyone know how many o-linemen we usually keep on the final roster? GO BRONCOS!!
    I heard that Ephraim Salaam is back, if so expect him to be in the mix for the start as well.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Ephraim Salaam went to the Texans. Kubiak is going to poach on all our ex-players who are any good.

Comment

salaam would be a nice addition as a backup at tackle. i just wonder how we are gonna fit all these guys on the final roster. it may come down to 3 roster spots for salaam, pj, kuper, eslinger, myers, green, and whitley. at least that means that the final 8 who make the roster will all be solid.

Comment

Salaam signed with Houston

Anyways, I'd like our line to be status quo. But, I'd like an open competition at RG. Carlisle is a filler at best...

Comment

Maybe Kuper will go to the Practice Squad. I can't see Eslinger going there as there's a risk he may be picked up by another team.

Comment

I'd say:

LT: Lepsis, Carswell
              LG: Hamilton, Pears
              C: Nalen, PJ Alexander, Eslinger
              RG: Myers, Carlisle
              RT: Foster, Green

PS: Kuper

Although Eslinger may well end up on the PS too like most of our linemen.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

My guess would be something like the following:

LT: Matt Lepsis
                LG: Ben Hamilton
                C: Tom Nalen
                RG: Cooper Carlisle
                RT: George Foster

Backups
                Chris Kuper
                Greg Eslinger
                Chris Myers
                Cornell Green
                Erik Pears

I think this year we keep 5 starters and 5 to back them up.
                That is some pretty good depth there.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by smilin'assassin
                  Noramlly I think Shanny keeps 7 on the roster. I think this year it will be 8. I don't think Eslinger is going to the practice squad and I have a feeling he will be either starting or getting significant play time at RG by mid season.

As for the line

LT - Lepsis
                  LG - Hamilton
                  C - Nalen
                  RG - Carlisle
                  RT - Foster

Back ups will be Green, Eslinger, Myers.
                  The three Keys to football
                  1. Turnovers
                  2. Field Position
                  3. Red Zone Play

Comment

I'll put something on Myers starting at RG this season. With Eslinger here now, Hamilton probably won't be moving back to C. But we probably will keep at least 8 on the roster. Especially with the depth of talent we have.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Don't forget about the House

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by twotone
                        Don't forget about the House
                        House is getting really long in the tooth. Even if he hadn't had his accident last year, there's still a question as to how much longer he can play. I like the guy but he's got to be nearing the end.

As to our current line, I'd expect the Broncos to give Chris Myers a legitimate shot at competing with Carlisle for a starting spot.

Now, I could be reading into this but the fact that Myers was put on the active roster after only 4 games last year, combined with the fact that he was not sent to NFL Europre, leads me to believe the Broncos feel like he's coming along really well. He's not considered a project which means he'll probably be ready to compete for playing time this year.

But that's just my take on the situation.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think both Kupar and Eslinger make the final cut.

Eslinger would surely be picked up by another team, and I would think Kupar would be also.

Both have alot of upside.

Comment

Personally I like the youth movement and its cap friendly too.

My starters for 2006 would be same but i also think Carslile will get released.

T= foster, lepsis, pears, green
                            G= hamilton, alexander, myers, whitney, kuper
                            C= nalen, eslinger
                            anybody else I would release or put on practice squad if possible.

I would like nalen and lepsis to retire.
                            I would convert alexander or best potential player to play T.
                            I would have drafted a day one T and a day two G.

my depth chart:

T= foster, alexander, high draft pick, pears
                            G= hamilton, myers, whitney, kuper
                            C= eslinger (hamilton or myers can play incase of injury)

What do ya think?
                            2012 DRAFT

1 DT Still
                            2 LB Kendricks
                            3 DT Ta'amu
                            4 RB Turbin
                            4 WR Streeter
                            5 FS Hardin
                            5 FB Rodriguez
                            6 OG Wynn

2012 Hindsight Draft

2 Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
                            2 Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
                            3 Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (Fla.)
                            4 Alameda Ta´amu, DT, Washington
                            4 Philip Blake, C, Baylor
                            5 George Iloka, FS, Boise State
                            6 Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

Comment

I think Chris Myers would get the nod over Kuper. NTM, Myers is big enough to play any position, including tackle, which he got some time at in Miami. I wouldn't be surprised to see Myers listed as the #1 guard backup and maybe, if Carswell isn't back, as a backup tackle.

Comment

Working...
                              X