Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kmartin575
    I think he's way too small to start unless he got alot bigger, even in a scheme like the one Indianapolis has where they regularly use 280 pound DT's. IMO a guy as big as him can only be a 3rd down DT.
    Im pained to agree with a K.C Fan, but i also think he is too small for the DT spot, he shines rushing the passer, why change it up , just rotate his pass rushing ass in there at the DE spot and let the Big Beef guys handle pluging things on the inside. we dont need to outsmart ourselves on this one Coyer.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by theshiverman
      Im pained to agree with a K.C Fan, but i also think he is too small for the DT spot, he shines rushing the passer, why change it up , just rotate his pass rushing ass in there at the DE spot and let the Big Beef guys handle pluging things on the inside. we dont need to outsmart ourselves on this one Coyer.

      Get in the corner, and think about what you have done -->

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kmartin575
        I think he's way too small to start unless he got alot bigger, even in a scheme like the one Indianapolis has where they regularly use 280 pound DT's. IMO a guy as big as him can only be a 3rd down DT.

        i dont think there is any consideration to use him as anything but a 3rd down DT. and even then it would only be on 3rd and long. he might make it as a more regular player at the end, but if in fact shanny does use him as a DT, im sure it would only be in very specific conditions (like 3rd and 10+).
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


        "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




        Comment


        • Originally posted by kmartin575
          I think he's way too small to start unless he got alot bigger, even in a scheme like the one Indianapolis has where they regularly use 280 pound DT's. IMO a guy as big as him can only be a 3rd down DT.
          He's 258 pounds. Alot of DE's are that size. He's 5'11'', maybe that's what you're talking about. But that is not a problem, in fact, I see it as an advantage. .....................20 sacks speaks for itself. That tells me he knows how to finish the play, something we did not do last season.......................Thought I better add to this........I'm talking a bout Dumervile playing at 258 as a DE.................He won't play DT, that is not happening. Unless he pulls a Keith Traylor and gains 50 pounds. He was 260 when we drafted him and I think he's around 320 now. But he's also 6'2 or so. Dumervile was not drafted to play anything but DE.
          Last edited by HolyDiver; 05-11-2006, 06:12 AM.
          ...............................................

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pipes7
            If you take Lionel Dalton and add a good attitude and a little bit more talent.....that's what Mike Myers is.

            I know this off topic, but that sig of yours is hillarious.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HolyDiver
              He's 258 pounds. Alot of DE's are that size. He's 5'11'', maybe that's what you're talking about. But that is not a problem, in fact, I see it as an advantage. .....................20 sacks speaks for itself. That tells me he knows how to finish the play, something we did not do last season.......................Thought I better add to this........I'm talking a bout Dumervile playing at 258 as a DE.................He won't play DT, that is not happening. Unless he pulls a Keith Traylor and gains 50 pounds. He was 260 when we drafted him and I think he's around 320 now. But he's also 6'2 or so. Dumervile was not drafted to play anything but DE.
              I'm saying he's way too small to start at DT. At DE he is a little too short but his weight is not an issue.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

              It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kmartin575
                I'm saying he's way too small to start at DT. At DE he is a little too short but his weight is not an issue.
                Mike Patternson is the same height.
                John 11: 25-27

                My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                Thanks Snk16

                Comment


                • Freeney is listed at 6'1''.................I bet he's shorter than that..............Dumvervile is listed at 5'117/8'' I believe. There may actually be only an inch difference between the two players. So, his height is not a concern to me.
                  ...............................................

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HolyDiver
                    Freeney is listed at 6'1''.................I bet he's shorter than that..............Dumvervile is listed at 5'117/8'' I believe. There may actually be only an inch difference between the two players. So, his height is not a concern to me.

                    I thought when Freeney was coming out he was measured at 6'0". Also according to Indy's roster he weighs about 10 lbs more than Dumervil does.
                    John 11: 25-27

                    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                    Thanks Snk16

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      I thought when Freeney was coming out he was measured at 6'0". Also according to Indy's roster he weighs about 10 lbs more than Dumervil does.
                      I'm sure he is closer to 6'.................I was really excited when we drafted Dumervile. I just have a very good feeling about what we plan to do with him. We have really not had a quick passrusher like him in a long time. Hayward and Pryce were more bullrush types. So is Courtney Brown. Dumervile may noy have a great fourty, but he's quick, and that's the most important aspect of a DE. ....................Like I've said, I bet he starts by mid-season.
                      ...............................................

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HolyDiver
                        I'm sure he is closer to 6'.................I was really excited when we drafted Dumervile. I just have a very good feeling about what we plan to do with him. We have really not had a quick passrusher like him in a long time. Hayward and Pryce were more bullrush types. So is Courtney Brown. Dumervile may noy have a great fourty, but he's quick, and that's the most important aspect of a DE. ....................Like I've said, I bet he starts by mid-season.
                        Right now I just hope can be productive. If he can give us anything similar to what Hayward did when a back up to Pryce and Berry we'll be alright.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HolyDiver
                          I'm sure he is closer to 6'.................I was really excited when we drafted Dumervile. I just have a very good feeling about what we plan to do with him. We have really not had a quick passrusher like him in a long time. Hayward and Pryce were more bullrush types. So is Courtney Brown. Dumervile may noy have a great fourty, but he's quick, and that's the most important aspect of a DE. ....................Like I've said, I bet he starts by mid-season.
                          But yet even thought Dumerville, plays quick, he releases off the line pretty slow most of the time. He isnt exceptionally fast or even just quick off the line and thats more important than speed for a DE.

                          Like i've said Dumerville will NEVER be a every down DE, because he cant play the run very well. He is too short and when BIG O-Linemen get on up on him he gets pushed down the line, like a rag doll.

                          HE might, might be a good 3rd down or passing situation DE but he wont be an every down DE
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                          ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Pipes7
                            If you take Lionel Dalton and add a good attitude and a little bit more talent.....that's what Mike Myers is.
                            Are you trying to say Mike Myers is that good????


                            Lionel Dalton isnt good, he's ok but i dont think Myers is all that much better
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                            ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                              Are you trying to say Mike Myers is that good????


                              Lionel Dalton isnt good, he's ok but i dont think Myers is all that much better

                              I think that's pretty much what I wrote.
                              "that good"--->better than Dalton...yes, I do believe he is better than him.

                              I actually never said that he was good...just better than LD.

                              It was a one sentence post and you basically repeated me...so I guess you agree.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Pipes7
                                I think that's pretty much what I wrote.
                                "that good"--->better than Dalton...yes, I do believe he is better than him.

                                I actually never said that he was good...just better than LD.

                                It was a one sentence post and you basically repeated me...so I guess you agree.
                                You said Dalton needed more talent, if that doesnt make the statement that you think Myers is without a doubt better then what does?
                                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                                ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X