Dumervil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
    You said Dalton needed more talent, if that doesnt make the statement that you think Myers is without a doubt better then what does?

NO I did NOT say that!

Do not put words in my mouth, especially when they don't make any sense!

For the third FRIEKING TIME...now pay CLOSE attention...are you still with me?....here we go...I do believe that Myers is A LITTLE better than Dalton.

Here is my direct quote from earlier...

If you take Lionel Dalton and add a good attitude and a little bit more talent.....that's what Mike Myers is.

Why would I think Dalton would need more talent?

He plays for the Chiefs and I'm much happier that he plays for KC rather than Denver!

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
      Mike Patternson is the same height.
      Way too small as far as weight goes.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyDiver
        Freeney is listed at 6'1''.................I bet he's shorter than that..............Dumvervile is listed at 5'117/8'' I believe. There may actually be only an inch difference between the two players. So, his height is not a concern to me.
        It's actually 5'11" 3/8
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575
          It's actually 5'11" 3/8
          Don't you just hate not getting in the last word.........
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rcsodak
            Don't you just hate not getting in the last word.........
            And the same goes for you.

You sure love that coffee smilie, don't ya?

Comment

It's actually 5'11" 3/8
              Yeah, I was thinking it was one or the other, and, of course, I chose the highest. .................How many years was Charles Barkley listed at 6'6'' when he's really closer to 6'4''.

Comment

Way too small as far as weight goes.

Not a situational pass rusher bud.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Wow, this just seems to be going around in circles. Elvis Rocks!

Comment

• Here Is What We Should Do

Put Dumervil at DE for a majority of his plays, using the normal DL rotation to keep our guys fresh.

ON THIRD AND LONG!!!!!!
                    (the bane of our existance on defence)

put Dumervil at NT right in the middle!!!

with the addition of Webster as a #2 MLB you could run out of a 3-4, with dumervile creating havok in the middle. Also with the young talent at the CB position discovered last year, we could use a quarter def on third and long. With 4 CB's, 3 Safties, Ian Gold (cover LB), Dumervil in the NT, Brown and Lang off the sides.

If He is not in a running down "hole plugger" role at DT he could be VERY useful in the middle on obvious passing downs.

what do you guys think?

Comment

• Originally posted by 16TheSnake
                      Put Dumervil at DE for a majority of his plays, using the normal DL rotation to keep our guys fresh.

ON THIRD AND LONG!!!!!!
                      (the bane of our existance on defence)

put Dumervil at NT right in the middle!!!

with the addition of Webster as a #2 MLB you could run out of a 3-4, with dumervile creating havok in the middle. Also with the young talent at the CB position discovered last year, we could use a quarter def on third and long. With 4 CB's, 3 Safties, Ian Gold (cover LB), Dumervil in the NT, Brown and Lang off the sides.

If He is not in a running down "hole plugger" role at DT he could be VERY useful in the middle on obvious passing downs.

what do you guys think?
                      NT I'm not so sure. On the edge or lined up as DT I think is possible.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by Pipes7
                        NO I did NOT say that!

Do not put words in my mouth, especially when they don't make any sense!

For the third FRIEKING TIME...now pay CLOSE attention...are you still with me?....here we go...I do believe that Myers is A LITTLE better than Dalton.

Here is my direct quote from earlier...

If you take Lionel Dalton and add a good attitude and a little bit more talent.....that's what Mike Myers is.

Why would I think Dalton would need more talent?

He plays for the Chiefs and I'm much happier that he plays for KC rather than Denver!
                        So your saying that Myers as more talent just because he plays for Denver?
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                          Now it makes more sense.

I could not understand why we would draft a DE when the team is already committed to 4, possibly 5 if you count Jackson. Do I like our DEs? No. But did management already commit to them expressly? Yes.

So there was no room for a 5th or 6th DE. A 5th DE doesn't even dress, he stands on the sidelines in his parka.

But we did need a 4th DT, and that's the position I thought we'd draft in the 4th round for sure, and I was more than confused why we went DE. But now it makes sense. Dumervil is the 4th DT and essentially the 5th/6th DE. Which means, he probably won't dress unless there is an injury at one or both positions, but that's almost a given to occur with Brown and Ekuban. And DT is always a risk for a chop block.

So, it makes sense now. And, Dumervil in the 4th DT role doesn't really need to be heavy enough to play every down, he'd likely only be used on sure passing downs, making his smaller size not a factor against the run. Of course, this is providing he gets the chance to dress this season, which he likely would, but not every game unless of an injury.

I like the decision. If he plays DT, he's strictly a 3-technique, which hasn't really been utilized in these parts, in well, a long time (pre-2000 w/ Pryce). Whether he succeeds or flops, the fact we are experimenting with our DT scheme is very good IMO. However, it will only be for 3rd down passing purposes and unfortunately there is little chance we go to a traditional Nose/Under Tackle set up full time due to our smurf-like LBs and the commitment we have made to them.
                          Well, this is one possible interpretation. I think 5'11" 258 is not going to hold up at DT very well so I doubt it (even on pass-rushing downs he'd be thrown around like yesterday's laundry by most OTs and forget about the run).

He doesn't have elite size OR speed, but he has great hands and decent pass-rushing moves and is a hard nosed football player who plays better than his measurables. There's something to be said for giving a guy like that a chance. All he's done his college career is make plays.

It might simply be that Shanahan is picking up a guy who he expects to groom for a year or two. If he's happy with the DE rotation as it is (and I agree with you that he is although we both agree that he shouldn't be), then he can afford to put Dumerville on the sidelines in civilian clothes most of the time this year.

It took a couple of years for Bert Berry and Hayward to develop and it could be a year or two before we see if Dumerville can do likewise.

I think that's a good move too. Even if the team is inexplicably wedded to John Engleberger and Ekuban for 2006 there's no reason to think the Broncos want to keep them around forever. And grooming their replacement now would actually make sense for a change. That's the way the Patriots do it and other teams that don't want to be in salary cap hell every year.
                          Last edited by Cugel; 05-13-2006, 09:55 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
                            So your saying that Myers as more talent just because he plays for Denver?
                            It appears to me you are baiting, GC.

Chill.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              Not a situational pass rusher bud.
                              For the last time, I am saying that Elvis Dumervil is way too small to be a STARTER at DT like somebody else suggested he should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyDiver
                                Yeah, I was thinking it was one or the other, and, of course, I chose the highest. .................How many years was Charles Barkley listed at 6'6'' when he's really closer to 6'4''.
                                But those measurements at the combine are exact numbers. They don't round off or anything, they go to the nearest eigth of an inch which is pretty close.

Comment

Working...
                                X