Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    How much weight do they want this guy to gain in order to play DT? He's listed at 258 pounds and I'm guessing he'd really need to gain a good 30 to 40 pounds. But wouldn't that extra weight take away from the speed he'd need to keep playing his style of DE? (Assuming they really want him to play a dual role.)

    I don't know. This just sounds like a bad idea, if it's true. Let the man do what he was best at in college.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

    Comment


    • #17
      I think something like this would only work out with a team like Indianapolis who normally uses defensive tackles in the 280 range anyways.
      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Javalon
        How much weight do they want this guy to gain in order to play DT? He's listed at 258 pounds and I'm guessing he'd really need to gain a good 30 to 40 pounds. But wouldn't that extra weight take away from the speed he'd need to keep playing his style of DE? (Assuming they really want him to play a dual role.)

        I don't know. This just sounds like a bad idea, if it's true. Let the man do what he was best at in college.
        Well, jav, reading up on his scouting reports, many have said that he had the most and best moves of any of the DE's in the draft.
        With that said, using them on the inside would just allow him to get to the QB even quicker......extra weight or not.
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

        -- Samuel Adams

        sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by rcsodak
          Well, jav, reading up on his scouting reports, many have said that he had the most and best moves of any of the DE's in the draft.
          With that said, using them on the inside would just allow him to get to the QB even quicker......extra weight or not.
          Dumervil needs space to operate. Watch the film, he's best at going around the tackle. He would make a terrible DT.
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

          So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

          Comment


          • #20
            didnt this happen to keith trayler coming out of college as well .. seemed to work for him pretty well... but if i remember right he had weight problems to begin with
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rcsodak
              Well, as I said pre-draft, I'd rather they had addressed the DT position, over the DE position.

              Mainly because a DE can get pushed outside further than where he already is.....and isn't in the QB's 'radar field'...

              ...versus a DT, who's coming straight at the QB, who's more likely to see him coming and have to either avoid him or throw before he's ready.

              As for your last sentence, vicious, Sunny and Coyer both have said that they're going to address some changes in the defensive scheme, this year. They're going to start looking to see who can make plays on their own.....instead of just being cloggers.

              In other words, their 1st priority won't be to stop the rush......

              didnt they say they were gonna use the 3-4 more this last year.. i dont remember this happening.. so just give it time..
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                didnt this happen to keith trayler coming out of college as well .. seemed to work for him pretty well... but if i remember right he had weight problems to begin with
                Keith Traylor? As in 400 pound Keith Traylor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt he was 250 coming out of college...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by WABronco
                  Keith Traylor? As in 400 pound Keith Traylor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt he was 250 coming out of college...
                  look it up man.. i think he went to oklahoma state... he was drafted by denver cut signed somewhere else and then came back.. i would go look for his card but the girlfriend is asleep.. so ill try a search


                  Edit. it was central oklahoma..http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4407
                  Last edited by Broncosinindy; 05-05-2006, 10:45 PM.
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    This just in and hot off the wire:

                    We just got Q back and this time we're going to shove a bunch of food down his throat and plug him in at guard.

                    We figure with his speed, even if he were to put on some substancial weight, he'd still be a hellava good pulling guard!

                    Lord knows, we can't trust him with the pigskin in his hands.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Pipes7
                      This just in and hot off the wire:

                      We just got Q back and this time we're going to shove a bunch of food down his throat and plug him in at guard.

                      We figure with his speed, even if he were to put on some substancial weight, he'd still be a hellava good pulling guard!

                      Lord knows, we can't trust him with the pigskin in his hands.
                      Link please...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                        look it up man.. i think he went to oklahoma state... he was drafted by denver cut signed somewhere else and then came back.. i would go look for his card but the girlfriend is asleep.. so ill try a search


                        Edit. it was central oklahoma..http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4407
                        AHhh, that's gonna be hard to find. I'll take your word for it...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by WABronco
                          Keith Traylor? As in 400 pound Keith Traylor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt he was 250 coming out of college...

                          http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerr...sp?docid=18148

                          FINS FACT
                          After playing inside linebacker throughout his collegiate career and his first three years in the NFL, when he played at 260 pounds, Keith was moved to the defensive line during training camp with Kansas City in 1994. Despite being released by the Chiefs prior to the ’94 regular season, Keith was persistent, and after playing with Barcelona of the NFL Europe League in the spring of 1995, he earned a spot on Kansas City’s roster later that year. Since that time, he has gone on to start 112 of the 150 regular season games in which he has played, and has been a part of three Super Bowl championship clubs.
                          first paragraph
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by kmartin575
                            He was man-handled at the senior bowl and was a complete non-factor. I don't know whether he will be good or not but he didn't play against the best competition at Louisville, and he had zero sacks in the last 4 games of 2005.
                            Yeah, cause that guy who he was going up against was total poop, wasn't he?

                            Jets didn't seem to think so, seeings how they took him over Leinart and Cutler.
                            (I'm referring to D'Brickashaw Ferguson-for those who didn't know)

                            A few years back there was an outstanding pass rusher coming out, but also saw his stock drop during the year because he got "man-handled" by Bryant McKinnie of Miami. This pass rusher dropped to the middle of the first round and is now known as the best pass rushing DE in the league.
                            (Now I'm referring to Dwight Freeney-for those of you who didn't know)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Good Lord

                              Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                              What, in the name of all things holy, did he eat to gain that much weight? That's just straight up crazy...

                              CP for searching!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by WABronco
                                Link please...
                                Oh sorry, here it is:
                                http//www.i'm making this up.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X