Dumervil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    dummervill ran a 4.7 something at the combine.. so i dont think we have to worry about his speed.. or his fat %
    4.75 to be exact.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
      4.75 to be exact.
      Tamba Hali...4.86

It's different when you are a DE, where speed counts.
      Tamba Hali...4.86

Comment

I think its true Dumervil needs to add 15-20 lbs if he wants to be a starter at DE, and if they want him to play DT he'd better really bulk up. IMO he would need to add atleast 30 more pounds to be considered big enough to play DT, and even then he would be undersized because of his height. Plus, he is not the clogger that would take up blockers and allow our LBs to make plays. I think we need to just let Dumervil develop as a DE, because thats going to be enough of a challenge.

I would be surprised to see him play much DT...But maybe they have a special pass rush package in mind where Dumervil plays DT. It could be something like this:

Lang
        Warren
        Dumervil
        Ekuban

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
          http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...663705,00.html

PLAN OF ATTACK: The Broncos got the NCAA Division I leader in sacks (20) and forced fumbles (10) with the addition of fourth-round pick Elvis Dumervil of Louisville.

But while Dumervil fancies himself a defensive end, Denver eventually might experiment with the 5-foot-11, 258-pounder at either tackle spot, provided he makes significant weight gains.

"We think he's a player that can play both outside and inside," coach Mike Shanahan said.
          This guy is an excellent pass rusher but he wasent very good against the Run, why in the world would they put him in the middle?
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

4.75 to be exact.
            What did your first rounder run??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
              Tamba Hali...4.86

Tamba Hali...4.86

That 4.86 is incorrect actually, but whatever. I have read several sources that have stated that was a bad time and his 40 time is more in the 4.7 range. Also, Tamba Hali was carrying alot of extra weight as he weighed in at 275 at his pro day. His ideal playing weight (the weight he said he will play at) is at 260-265 at which he will be much faster.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

That 4.86 is incorrect actually, but whatever. I have read several sources that have stated that was a bad time and his 40 time is more in the 4.7 range. Also, Tamba Hali was carrying alot of extra weight as he weighed in at 275 at his pro day. His ideal playing weight (the weight he said he will play at) is at 260-265 at which he will be much faster.
                All that boils down to is trying to spin what was his recorded time.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  All that boils down to is trying to spin what was his recorded time.
                  And in the end, 40 times really don't matter all that much. I don't think Dumervil will to amount to much, IMO, but it will not be because of his 40 time. Jared Allen ran a slow 4.88 at the combine two years ago and did a measly 13 reps of the 225 bench press, yet he still has 20 sacks through his first two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                    This guy is an excellent pass rusher but he wasent very good against the Run, why in the world would they put him in the middle?
                    Actually he's pretty good against the run and really strong. If they play him at UT on passing downs then he could provide a good rush from the inside and allow more speed rushers on the edge.
                    sigpic
                    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

And in the end, 40 times really don't matter all that much. I don't think Dumervil will to amount to much, IMO, but it will not be because of his 40 time. Jared Allen ran a slow 4.88 at the combine two years ago and did a measly 13 reps of the 225 bench press, yet he still has 20 sacks through his first two seasons.
                      Which goes completely against the argument about speed you made earlier. Nice.

Anyway, Dumervil isn't going to be able to put on much weight. 20 lbs appears to be an impossible number (slim waist, too much fat), and that would be the bare minimum for him to play DT. Don't believe that article. It doesn't merit all this discussion. Dumervil is strictly a DE.

By the way, 20% body fat is terrible. I don't know how you guys can consider that an acceptable number for a right defensive end. Again, he was the only guy at the Senior Bowl with a BEER BELLY. He looked flabby and simply put, terrible. Dumervil needs to cut that number in half if he wants to reach his potential.
                      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                        Which goes completely against the argument about speed you made earlier. Nice.

Anyway, Dumervil isn't going to be able to put on much weight. 20 lbs appears to be an impossible number (slim waist, too much fat), and that would be the bare minimum for him to play DT. Don't believe that article. It doesn't merit all this discussion. Dumervil is strictly a DE.

By the way, 20% body fat is terrible. I don't know how you guys can consider that an acceptable number for a right defensive end. Again, he was the only guy at the Senior Bowl with a BEER BELLY. He looked flabby and simply put, terrible. Dumervil needs to cut that number in half if he wants to reach his potential.

im not so sure 20lbs is out of the question. he has thick limbs and joints. he looks like he can fill out his shoulders and chest, as well as quads and glutes. 20 lbs for a guy who's 20-21 or whatever he is, should be do-able with the right diet and weight lifting program. it wont happen for this season, but give him a couple years with a professional nutrionalist and trainer, and he should be able to do it no problem.

do you realize how thin 10% body fat is? thats probably around where champ bailey is, i would guess (and i wouldnt be surprised if he's a couple points above that). 20-25% is about right for your average joe that keeps himself in reasonable shape. it might be a little high for dumervil as a pro, but its definately not obese or even fat. if the extra weight doesnt slow him down, then its an advantage. but i would expect that number to end up around 15% in a couple of years. but i wouldnt want a DE to be much less than that. they take too much pounding week in and week out to be in single digits for body fat %.

but your saying dumervil is 'strictly a DE' is ridiculous considering shanny has already been quoted as saying he could be successfull outsider OR inside. no offense, but shanny knows a heck of a lot more than you do.

and nobody is talking about him being an every down tackle. the talk is to play him as a pass-rushing DT where his low center of gravity, quickness, and pass rush moves might allow him to shoot gaps and run stunts and get to the qb. he doesnt have to bulk up to 300 lbs to do that.
                        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I got one of my three day 2 wishes when we got Dumervil. (see below ) The other 2 were Bing & Hass.

It has been said that rounds 3-5 are the heart & soul of the football team & I really think Elvis will be the sack leader in seasons to come.

Comment

We do not need another DT of a DE.

Comment

I think Shanahan is missing Maa Tanuvasa. So he is trying to get Elvis to clone him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/3445/

For the Youngin's who don't remember him.
                              http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

That article only repeats what was said a day or so earlier on the official website that he is being considered as a possibility to play three techinque nose tackle and in Shanny's own words is a player they think can play on the inside and outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X