Who's the starting TE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    It's going to be Alexander for his experience and blocking. No one else has much of either yet. It may not stay that way as Scheffler gains more experience and blocking skills, but to pick anyone besides Alexander for early 2006 would be a pipe dream. Remember, this is a run first offense.

-----

TOP, i'm not so sure that's true-- considering duke got the start and significant PT during the AFCCG, i don't see why it's a "pipe dream" for him to start next season. . . . obviously the coaching staff likes what they see from him, and if what we're hearing about him blocking well in NFLE is true, i don't see why he can't give alexander a battle for the position in camp-- he's not a rook anymore, he should know the playbook by now. . . . clearly, i'm not one of the fanboys saying he's going to be the next gates just becuase he played hoops, but he must have some legitimate skills for the FO to keep him around. . . . sure, he's a project, but i don't see why he couldn't give alexander a run for his money after another TC-- it's not like alexander's exactly a world-beater or anything. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
      TOP, i'm not so sure that's true-- considering duke got the start and significant PT during the AFCCG, i don't see why it's a "pipe dream" for him to start next season. . . . obviously the coaching staff likes what they see from him, and if what we're hearing about him blocking well in NFLE is true, i don't see why he can't give alexander a battle for the position in camp-- he's not a rook anymore, he should know the playbook by now. . . . clearly, i'm not one of the fanboys saying he's going to be the next gates just becuase he played hoops, but he must have some legitimate skills for the FO to keep him around. . . . sure, he's a project, but i don't see why he couldn't give alexander a run for his money after another TC-- it's not like alexander's exactly a world-beater or anything. . . .
      Well, that's a good answer, and you may be right.

It's going to be interesting at that position, isn't it?

------

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        Well, that's a good answer, and you may be right.

It's going to be interesting at that position, isn't it?

------

i'm interested to see what progress duke has made, if any-- of course i'm also interested to see what scheffler can do. . . . IF he's as good a receiver as he's billed to be, we'll have to hope that his blocking can come along enough that he can earn some PT besides obvious passing downs. . . he certainly won't start at the beggining of the season, and probably not at all this year-- i just hope he can develop his blocking to the point that he can start sometime in the next few years, because there's no way you should spend a 2nd rounder on a guy who can't be an every down player, with a few possible exceptions. . . . .

EDIT: it would also be nice to have, at some point, a guy who can do it all-- makes our offense a lot less predictable. . . . you're right, it will be interesting. . . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Alexander or Duke will start for there ability to block, but I see Scheffer getting a lot of snaps for his pass catching ability.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

The only reason i didn't vote for Duke is the fact that he is in NFLE right now. That starts pretty quickly after the NFL season ends, and runs through June (I think). He is only gonna get a short rest before it is time to go again for mini-camp. Hopefully the minimal playing time last year will actually play to his benefit. I guess it just seems like a year and a half of non-stop football practice is a lot, and I think they would be wise to bring him along slowly in the beginning to prevent injury.
            I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

I think Duke is gonna start over Alexander just because of the fact he started the AFCCG. But the starter will be either Duke or Alexander depending on who blocks better.

Sheffler fills in the role pf Putz

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
              2) Devin Thomas
              4) Frank Okam
              4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
              2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
              4) Frank Okam
              4) Beau Bell

Comment

Wesley Duke
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

mayb shanahan will pull a crazy stunt and start brandon marshall at TE?
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I think Scheffler will be just because hes basically a nobody, so he'll probally will surprise everyone.

Comment

What, no love for Mike Leach?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                        What, no love for Mike Leach?

hes just our long snapper
                        "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

No Nate jackson love? the guy is obviously a strong receiving threat (ex-WR) and something tells me a year of practice has improved his blocking. i can see the guy making a push for PT in camp. Sure he is a lon shot to start, but who knows?
                          Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                            hes just our long snapper
                            I know man, I was just foolin'

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              Agreed...

Alexander will be the starter for stability purposes IMO. But Scheffler and Duke should be make for some nice receiving threats...
                              That's what I think too..................I don't like Alexander very much. But he'll start until Sheffler gets some experience. I would say Sheffler won't start until next season ( 2007)

Comment

Scheffler, cause the rest are crap...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                                X