undrafted rookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undrafted rookies

Does anyone think that one or more of the five undrafted rookies willi make the team? I think if anyone will make the roster it will be Tyler Everett.

Heres a little bit of scouting on the players:

Tyler Everett- 5'11 202 40: 4.5 Had seven career starts, all of those coming last year, when he split time with Donte Whitner at strong safety. Is an excellent athlete with tremendous cover skills. Played nickel back last year when he was not the starter. Finshed the season with 39 tackles. Played in 38 of the Buckeyes' 39 games the past three seasons.

Brian Clark- 6'2 211 40: He earned a 3.42 GPA. Competed with the track team during the indoor season, he ran the sixth-fastest 60m time in school history, a 6.98.

Antwon Burton- 6'1 3/4 308 40: 5.39 At his Pro Day Hed a 9-foot- 5 broad jump, 31 bench presses, and had 31 1/2 inch. vertical.

Rashon Powers- Neal- 6'2 1/4 240 40: 4.61 At his Pro Day he had a 4.25 short shuttle, 6.96 three-cone drill, 31½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-8 jump and 19 lifts on the bench press.

Cameron Vaughn- 6'3 3/8 239 40: 4.71 At his Pro Day he ran the short shuttle in 4.21 and the three-cone drill in 7.02. He had a 30½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-10 broad jump and 17 bench presses.

Clark, Powers, Vaughn will probley make practice squad. What do you guys think?

im kinda hoping everett makes it...
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I would have to say Antwon Burton. The FO had their eyes on him for a while leading up to the draft, and he'd make a perfect no. 4 DT IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
        I would have to say Antwon Burton. The FO had their eyes on him for a while leading up to the draft, and he'd make a perfect no. 4 DT IMO.
        I think Burton has a good shot too because we are so thin at DT.

I also believe Everett has a really good shot at being a pretty good contributer to our team in the future and I also think he has a chance to make the roster this year.

Powers-Neal also has a good shot I believe because he was successful in college and is a good FB. He could be in there to spell Johnson very once in a while and I think he has a chance to contribute.

Denver always does a good job of picking up UDRFAs that should have been drafted, are gopod players and have good measureables and this year is no different.
        Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
          I think Burton has a good shot too because we are so thin at DT.

I also believe Everett has a really good shot at being a pretty good contributer to our team in the future and I also think he has a chance to make the roster this year.

Powers-Neal also has a good shot I believe because he was successful in college and is a good FB. He could be in there to spell Johnson very once in a while and I think he has a chance to contribute.

Denver always does a good job of picking up UDRFAs that should have been drafted, are gopod players and have good measureables and this year is no different.

I agree 100% with ya. I do like their undrafted rookies and would add Mike Bell to that list also. I think all are good prospects. Other than the LB(we are stacked and have depth also, especially with Nate Webster finally on board) I believe that all pretty much have a good chance at making it.

Comment

As far as spending a roster (45) spot on any of these guys, the most likely would be Everett, because Shanahan worked hard to acquire him for a reason. After him, I think the DT would be the next, especially if he is good (I haven't seen him play).

Powers-Neal looked good when he was on NBC in the Notre Dame games. If he can contribute on special teams, then I see him being on the roster, otherwise no roster spot will be spent on solely a FB backup.

They all appear to be good atheletes, great UFA's.

Comment

Mike Bell isn't on your list but he will make the squad

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                Mike Bell isn't on your list but he will make the squad
                Pretty sweet sig

Comment

Thanks I made it today

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                    I agree 100% with ya. I do like their undrafted rookies and would add Mike Bell to that list also. I think all are good prospects. Other than the LB(we are stacked and have depth also, especially with Nate Webster finally on board) I believe that all pretty much have a good chance at making it.
                    How would you call the three starters and Webster being "stacked"?

If one goes down, denver's in trouble....

...we all saw why Burns isn't lining up on the D, last year.......
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

One name...

Originally posted by rcsodak

Terry Pierce.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak

Gold, DJ, Al, Nate Webster, Louis Green, Ray Wells, Keith Burns, Patrick Chukwurah

How many LB's do you want to carry?

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                          Terry Pierce.
                          Remember, I was warned today by kingkong or whatever not to do stuff like that anymore. Salt in open wounds...ring a bell?

Do you want me to tell on you?

Comment

Oh shizz

Originally posted by Pipes7
                            Remember, I was warned today by kingkong or whatever not to do stuff like that anymore. Salt in open wounds...ring a bell?

Do you want me to tell on you?
                            I forgot, okay? Can we just let it slide this time?

Comment

Everett is an intriguing prospect.

OSU is getting a reputation of a hard nosed, hard working football factory within the NFL circle, and that's why their players are thought so high of from scouts.

Everett was moved to CB because he was too good to keep off the field, but played behind a top 10 pick in Whitner, and Salley who could possibly be a first rounder next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X