trade possabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade possabilities

Are there still teams trying to trade for Ash or did they fill there needs in the draft?
    I know New England and Tampa were interested.

I bet we could get some action from San Francisco...

Comment

something worth gettin rid of him for?
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I would say that we should make him honor his contract. If he doesn't show up, that's his problem. We have enough depth, that he is not going to affect this season, or any to come for that matter. Basically, he has shot his own foot off. He has zero leverage, and everyone in the game knows it. All he is doing is opening the door for the others on the roster that want his spot. Rod Smith isn't going to be playing forever. Shannahan always opens the door for competition between his players, because it forces the best to rise to the occasion, and the best get to play.

Ashley, if you ever read these boards or any of the media, you should know that your best opportunity is to to get with it, and prove that you deserve to be #1 with the Broncos. If your good enough, you will be paid. Earn it brother. Because right now your looking like a horses backside.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          haha lol ACTION!

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
          2) Devin Thomas
          4) Frank Okam
          4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
          2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
          4) Frank Okam
          4) Beau Bell

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
            I would say that we should make him honor his contract. If he doesn't show up, that's his problem. We have enough depth, that he is not going to affect this season, or any to come for that matter. Basically, he has shot his own foot off. He has zero leverage, and everyone in the game knows it. All he is doing is opening the door for the others on the roster that want his spot. Rod Smith isn't going to be playing forever. Shannahan always opens the door for competition between his players, because it forces the best to rise to the occasion, and the best get to play.

Ashley, if you ever read these boards or any of the media, you should know that your best opportunity is to to get with it, and prove that you deserve to be #1 with the Broncos. If your good enough, you will be paid. Earn it brother. Because right now your looking like a horses backside.
            I have to agree with you here because you made some very good points.

I think Ashley thinks that he is just going to get the #1 when Rod retires because he is the next highest on the depth chart. He thinks we shopuld just igve it to him, but he's wrong because he needs to earn it.

I think we stick with Ashley this year and if he plays we could have 4 very good WRs contributing this year.

Rod Smith
            Ashley Lelie
            Javon Walker
            Brandon Marshall
            Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Well, You don't see a lot of trading once the season begins, so this will have to be done prior. We get nothing for him once this pre-season starts essentially, because he is a UFA in the 2007 season.

We tried hard to get what we could out of him, and that meant a 4th at best because I didn't hear of anybody offering a 3rd for him.

So what do we lose by keeping him around for the remainder of this season?
              We will get a receiver that is a 3rd string, complaining, unhappy, likely disruptive. Best to get what we can out of him before the pre-season starts in order to keep peace and get SOMETHING for him. If we let it ride we lose at most a 4th rounder- not good, but not that terrible either. I bet that SHanahan pulls off something even if it is a 4th rounder before it is too late.

Comment

Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                haha lol ACTION!
                Oh, I meant the team...not us straight guys.

Comment

He COULD become a june 1 cuttEE.....

....or he could sit at home for the first ## of weeks...and miss out on the complete season.....

...or another team could have an injury in camp and make a leap of faith on him and give up a conditional pick for him.

Lots of possibilities.......
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    He COULD become a june 1 cuttEE.....

....or he could sit at home for the first ## of weeks...and miss out on the complete season.....

...or another team could have an injury in camp and make a leap of faith on him and give up a conditional pick for him.

Lots of possibilities.......

at this point i think this is the most likely option.

either that or he comes back and plays the season. he wouldnt be the first player to threaten a hold out and not follow through with it.

i dont see him getting cut. theres no point in letting kc or sd get a free look at lelie. i dont think this team would allow lelie to become a distraction. its not like lelie is going to be doing situps in his driveway. and i think guys like rod, wilson, nalen and lynch are able to keep a team focused.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I wouldn't want a second day pick. He could possibly pull in a third round comp pick, so to give him up for something worse wouldn't make a ton of sense to me.

Now, a conditional pick would be fine. That's what we would be most likely to get.
                      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                      . Post Your Artwork .
                      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I just dont see how he thinks he IS currently our #1 reciever...

I would hate to see lelie hold out as I think shanny would cut him or trade for cheap
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco

Yeah: Trade Ashley for Vernon Davis, straight up.

sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X