Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Bell officially signed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Bell officially signed

    Broncos | M. Bell signing official
    Mon, 8 May 2006 16:42:42 -0700

    The Denver Broncos have announced the official signing of undrafted rookie free agent RB Mike Bell (Arizona) to an undisclosed contract.

    Where do you think he will work in on the team?

    Will he make the team? Is he a practice squad player? will he get some playing time or even start some games for the Broncos in the future?

  • #2
    Originally posted by eabort
    Broncos | M. Bell signing official
    Mon, 8 May 2006 16:42:42 -0700

    The Denver Broncos have announced the official signing of undrafted rookie free agent RB Mike Bell (Arizona) to an undisclosed contract.

    Where do you think he will work in on the team?

    Will he make the team? Is he a practice squad player? will he get some playing time or even start some games for the Broncos in the future?
    I think he will make the practice squad, unless he can move ahead of Cobbs.
    sigpic

    http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

    Comment


    • #3
      alright, depth is good. lets hope he can push the guys for a spot
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GuitarJ
        I think he will make the practice squad, unless he can move ahead of Cobbs.
        From what I have read rescently it seems the coaching staff is very high on Cobbs.
        John 11: 25-27

        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



        Thanks Snk16

        Comment


        • #5
          he'll be 4th string
          "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TXBRONC
            From what I have read rescently it seems the coaching staff is very high on Cobbs.
            Good. Cobbs is more physically gifted than Bell is IMO. I'd peg Bell as a PS'er for next year...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Broncos86
              he'll be 4th string
              Maybe we should wait until training camp and preseason before designating his position on the depth chart. And while we're at it, maybe we should let the coaches do the designating.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

              Comment


              • #8
                where's west when you need him?!



                Officially Objectified by the GPA

                rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Javalon
                  Maybe we should wait until training camp and preseason before designating his position on the depth chart. And while we're at it, maybe we should let the coaches do the designating.

                  hes a rookie and u thinks hes just gonna go in front of cobbs who is the official number 3 right now and dayne who is our power runner and bell who is our speed runner......he'll stay at the 4th spot for this year now future years will be a different story
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Broncos86
                    hes a rookie and u thinks hes just gonna go in front of cobbs who is the official number 3 right now and dayne who is our power runner and bell who is our speed runner......he'll stay at the 4th spot for this year now future years will be a different story
                    I'm glad you can see the future. I personally haven't mastered that ability yet. Is there a school for that?

                    I think the Broncos have a history of rookie running backs working their way quickly up the depth chart. They also have a history of being unpredictable as to which running back will wind up as "the man" by season's end.

                    I am not predicting anything with regards to Mike Bell. I am simply pointing out the fallacy of predicting anything with regards to our running game, especially when our leading rusher is yet again no longer with the team to start the season.

                    If Mike Bell plays well in camp, anything can happen.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Everyone says Dayne will be the man this year but IMO he still has a lot to prove and not everyone sees but a thunder-lightning combo of Dayne and Bell isn't what it sounds, there only differences are size (adv: Dayne) speed (adv: Bell) and vision (adv: Dayne), but they both have a similar style of running and neither of them are your pound up the gut "thunder" type of guy.
                      I really think it's an open race at this point and I think Mike Bell will make this team, his potential in this system is almost limitless, he is a great fit in our system.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've been pretty hard on Tater. However, I'm getting bits and pieces that he's working pretty hard this offseason (converse to Lelie). I look for Tater to emerge as #1, especially if he gets nasty between the tackles (I saw signs of that late last year) and in blocking (he'd surely better be improved over his performance against Pittsburgh). But anytime CBs have the angle on a RB, and the RB still outruns them, one just has to pull for that RB.


                        P.S. Mike Bell will probably spend the season in the Practice Squad.

                        -----
                        Last edited by topscribe; 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Javalon
                          Maybe we should wait until training camp and preseason before designating his position on the depth chart. And while we're at it, maybe we should let the coaches do the designating.

                          I could be wrong but isn't this a message board to discuss thoughts and opinions?

                          No one is designating the RB's anything. This thread is to share thoughts of what people think may happen and to show support for the Mike Bell signing or to promote the RB people like.

                          You are right the coaches will make the final decision but some of the offseason fun is to be able to talk about players, positions, strategies and new signings.
                          You are welcome to join the fun!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by topscribe
                            I've been pretty hard on Tater. However, I'm getting bits and pieces that he's working pretty hard this offseason (converse to Lelie). I look for Tater to emerge as #1, especially if he gets nasty between the tackles (I saw signs of that late last year) and in blocking (he'd surely better be improved over his performance against Pittsburgh). But anytime CBs have the angle on a RB, and the RB still outruns them, one just has to pull for that RB.


                            P.S. Mike Bell will probably spend the season in the Practice Squad.

                            -----

                            I'm pulling for T. Bell as well and I'm glad to hear he's working hard this offseason. Thanks for your post!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If tater can step up and become the number one rb, we will have one of the most explosive offences in the nfl...

                              Qb- Jake Plummer
                              Rb-T-Speed
                              Fb-KJ
                              Te-Tony Scheffler, Alexander
                              wr1-Rod
                              wr2-Javon
                              wr3-lelie(if he decides to suck it up one more year)
                              OL-Our usual dominant line...


                              I cant wait!!!!!!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X