Another Vet. in the Secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Vet. in the Secondary

Think about Eric Brown .Broncos need someone that could help John in the Secondary that could hit just as hard and all recivers would not want to go deep. An extra run stop. It would be like when Atwater and Smith were back there all recivers didn't want to get hit by either one of them. I believe thats what the defense is needing,they all ready got the line stack, the linebacker and the corners. Nothing against the other safety but this is the piece of the puzzle that is missing. The offense is ready so lets get the defense ready for the ride. I'm not saying that he's a one man show. but the secondary could use help along with John so now he play hash to hash instead of the whole back field.

never heard of him was he a starter

Comment

Originally posted by bluemile
      Think about Eric Brown .Broncos need someone that could help John in the Secondary that could hit just as hard and all recivers would not want to go deep. An extra run stop. It would be like when Atwater and Smith were back there all recivers didn't want to get hit by either one of them. I believe thats what the defense is needing,they all ready got the line stack, the linebacker and the corners. Nothing against the other safety but this is the piece of the puzzle that is missing. The offense is ready so lets get the defense ready for the ride. I'm not saying that he's a one man show. but the secondary could use help along with John so now he play hash to hash instead of the whole back field.

Are you talking about this Eric Brown?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12247

I don't see him coming back here.

Comment

im pretty comfortable saying the one thing the broncos defense DOESNT need is another run stuffing safety.
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
          im pretty comfortable saying the one thing the broncos defense DOESNT need is another run stuffing safety.
          exaclty. I happen to like the way that Ferguson plays, and I think he deserves his spot on the team.

Comment

Putting Eric Brown in the same status as Lynch, Smith, and Atwater is just silly.(I didn't want to be too harsh)

Eric Brown was/is butt slow. Lynch is too, but he makes up for it in every other way.
            (leadership, run stuffing, popping wr, blitzing, etc.)

Ferguson isn't a rocket himself, but is a far upgrade over Eric Brown. Although I would like to see more of a playmaker in his position, Nick did do a fine job last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemile
              I doubt EB comes back, I think we have other needs (TE for instance).

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                I doubt EB comes back, I think we have other needs (TE for instance).
                Just how many do you think they need?
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  Just how many do you think they need?
                  Quality over quantity.

Comment

Quality over quantity.

Who's out there that you might want the Broncos to get?

Besides, I've been hearing a lot about Mike Leach's offseason workout program.
                    He has lost three seconds on his forty time and now runs it in less than twelve seconds. EXPLOSIVE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                      Who's out there that you might want the Broncos to get?

Besides, I've been hearing a lot about Mike Leach's offseason workout program.
                      He has lost three seconds on his forty time and now runs it in less than twelve seconds. EXPLOSIVE!!!!
                      Who knows, but I know there is only one TE on roster that interests me. And that is Scheffler... how sad is it when players you know about take a back-seat to someone who hasn't played a snap?

Duke interests me a bit too, I think in "and Goal" situations, he could be a possible force. Having played basketball and football myself, I can definitely see where a b-ball player can have an advantage in those situations. That remains to be seen, and hopefuly is so.

I dunno, I just think that of all positions on teh team, teh TE is the "weak link".

Comment

Didn't he leave on bad terms anyways?

Comment

Who knows, but I know there is only one TE on roster that interests me. And that is Scheffler... how sad is it when players you know about take a back-seat to someone who hasn't played a snap?

Duke interests me a bit too, I think in "and Goal" situations, he could be a possible force. Having played basketball and football myself, I can definitely see where a b-ball player can have an advantage in those situations. That remains to be seen, and hopefuly is so.

I dunno, I just think that of all positions on teh team, teh TE is the "weak link".
                          Duke will be going into this years camp as a legit TE , he will actually be able to compete for a spot instead of getting the project treatment he got last season, NFL europe has helped him alot and by that i mean it has helped him learn the position, consider it his College football career since he doesent have one, Shanny sent him over there to learn the position and Blocking is a must for a TE, i expect this guy to make the team as the 3rd TE on his own merits this year without the special treatment he got last year and finally we will see how he competes for a job.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Honestly I dont think we really need to have a standout safety playing next to lynch b/c the combanation of Brandon and Ferguson make a pretty good trio.
                            If it aint broke dont fix it, their both pretty good in coverage and can hit as well.
                            Again if it aint broke, dont fix it.

BTW Eric Brown shared the backfield with Steve Atwater for one season and then spent another four years on the roster before losing his job to Kenoy Kennedy.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-10-2006, 06:59 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                              Honestly I dont think we really need to have a standout safety playing next to lynch b/c the combanation of Brandon and Ferguson make a pretty good trio.
                              If it aint broke dont fix it, their both pretty good in coverage and can hit as well.
                              Again if it aint broke, dont fix it.

BTW Eric Brown shared the backfield with Steve Atwater for one season and then spent another four years on the roster before losing his job to Kenoy Kennedy.
                              I also would like to see what this kid Browner has got (why go Brown, when you can go Brown-ER), we have all heard the hype, but with him getting banged up, we havent gotten to see the goods yet...

This is shaping up to be a very interesting camp/preseason. I think I am going to look forward to this one a lot more than I have the last couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X