Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Reed next year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
    Ed Reed is a great player, but I don't think the need is big enough for us to start trading other guys away. Our safeties may not be the greatest, but they are still very good.
    Well it'd make sense. Lelie wants to compete for the #1 spot we send him to Batlimore and he competes with Desmon Mason and Mark Clayton for the #1 spot and its on a level playing field. To make the trade equal we send them our 1st round pick and possibly a late round pick for the best safety in the league.

    Its has blockbuster trade written all over it. We get rid of a disgruntled player and pickup one best safety in the league. Hell we can be nice and send them Nick Ferugson while we're at it he might get disgruntled with them replacing him and not being on a fair playing field either
    sigpic
    PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by vicious2500
      Well it'd make sense. Lelie wants to compete for the #1 spot we send him to Batlimore and he competes with Desmon Mason and Mark Clayton for the #1 spot and its on a level playing field. To make the trade equal we send them our 1st round pick and possibly a late round pick for the best safety in the league.

      Its has blockbuster trade written all over it. We get rid of a disgruntled player and pickup one best safety in the league. Hell we can be nice and send them Nick Ferugson while we're at it he might get disgruntled with them replacing him and not being on a fair playing field either
      That's not a bad idea and I think we should trade Lelie while we can get something for him, but that MIGHT be giving up a little too much. Although I have to agree that Ed Reed, John Lynch, Champ Bailey and Darrent Williams would make for a nice secondary.
      Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever


      "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

      Comment


      • #18
        I don't think you guys are seeing this clearly.

        There is no way, in he!!, that anyone in an NFL organization would trade Ed Reed for Ashley Lelie.

        Reed is a premiere NFL safety, and they are hard to come by. Lelie on the other hand, I can't even believe you guys are toruring yourselves like that.

        There is also no way Baltimore just lets Reed walk. It would take an arm AND a leg to be able to afford that guy via free agency, and the way Denver straps the cap every year, signing Ed Reed isn't even really plausible.

        Comment


        • #19
          really though, they signed deion sanders and thought he could do something. they nearly let go a running back that is now in the top 5 for rushing yarsd in a season in nfl history. they still have boller as the qb. they seem o be a stupid organzation.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            I don't think you guys are seeing this clearly.

            There is no way, in he!!, that anyone in an NFL organization would trade Ed Reed for Ashley Lelie.

            Reed is a premiere NFL safety, and they are hard to come by. Lelie on the other hand, I can't even believe you guys are toruring yourselves like that.

            There is also no way Baltimore just lets Reed walk. It would take an arm AND a leg to be able to afford that guy via free agency, and the way Denver straps the cap every year, signing Ed Reed isn't even really plausible.
            -- --

            It's unbelieveable isn't it?


            [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
              I don't think you guys are seeing this clearly.

              There is no way, in he!!, that anyone in an NFL organization would trade Ed Reed for Ashley Lelie.

              Reed is a premiere NFL safety, and they are hard to come by. Lelie on the other hand, I can't even believe you guys are toruring yourselves like that.

              There is also no way Baltimore just lets Reed walk. It would take an arm AND a leg to be able to afford that guy via free agency, and the way Denver straps the cap every year, signing Ed Reed isn't even really plausible.
              I never said it was a plasuible trade straight up, but it can be used for building blocks. Lelie, our 1st round pick and a 3rd rounder would be enough to pry Reed away from the Ravens. If I'm not mistaken they are having salary cap problems so they'll have to franchise him or give him a severely backloaded contract to keep him.

              Their both in the final years of their rookie contract so their playing for high grade peebles right now. So they can sign salary friendly contracts (backloaded in otherwords) for the next few years to give the teams insurance policies that they are sure of what their getting. I mean its a trade you would want to make, but Lelie for Reed is the starting point. The hard part would be selling Baltimore into giving up their best player on the defensive side of the ball. They need another WR and a QB they might ask for Cutler...
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by vicious2500
                I never said it was a plasuible trade straight up, but it can be used for building blocks. Lelie, our 1st round pick and a 3rd rounder would be enough to pry Reed away from the Ravens. If I'm not mistaken they are having salary cap problems so they'll have to franchise him or give him a severely backloaded contract to keep him.

                Their both in the final years of their rookie contract so their playing for high grade peebles right now. So they can sign salary friendly contracts (backloaded in otherwords) for the next few years to give the teams insurance policies that they are sure of what their getting. I mean its a trade you would want to make, but Lelie for Reed is the starting point. The hard part would be selling Baltimore into giving up their best player on the defensive side of the ball. They need another WR and a QB they might ask for Cutler...
                I think the Broncos and Ravens are pretty close in the salary cap area. If they struggle to sign him, so would the Broncos. Not to mention, Walker will be due a $10 million roster bonus next year that would make our situation even worse than Baltimore's.

                Besides, if you really want to keep a guy like that, you find a way to do it and don't let him get away. I just don't see any legitimate possibility that Reed leaves the Ravens unless he causes a stink and says he doesn't want to stay.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                Comment


                • #23
                  forget reed we have ferguson lol
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Broncos86
                    forget reed we have ferguson lol
                    ummm lets see, Ferguson or Reed...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i know id rather have Reed

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by str8jacket
                      ummm lets see, Ferguson or Reed...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i know id rather have Reed
                      This is why you are not a coach or GM of any franchise.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jhns
                        This is why you are not a coach or GM of any franchise.
                        lol right.......Reed is a good cover safety, and would work brilliantly alongside John Lynch

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Ed Reeds Stats
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3552

                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=2509

                          ^Fergusons stats


                          Ed Reed had 9 interceptions in one year, while Ferguson only has 6 in his freaking career? please...stop being a homer for a second and think about this, he has better stats, and we dont need 2 Run stopping safetys

                          not to mention Fergusons 31 years old and Reed is 27

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Anyone who would take Ferguson over Reed is a homer.
                            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by kmartin575
                              Anyone who would take Ferguson over Reed is a homer.

                              Kmart, come on just back down a bit. The person who said that was obviously joking.
                              John 11: 25-27

                              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                              Thanks Snk16

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TXBRONC
                                Kmart, come on just back down a bit. The person who said that was obviously joking.
                                um no he wasnt, read a few posts above

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X