Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos werw illiong to give up second and fourth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos werw illiong to give up second and fourth...

...for the bills eighth pick!!! look
    Since we're all probably a little Bushed out this week -- Reggie Bush, that is -- let's start this week on the subject of Marv Levy and the Buffalo Bills. Specifically, did the Bills do the right thing in staying at No. 8, instead of taking a fairly lucrative offer of a second- and fourth-round draft pick from Denver to move down seven spots in the first round?

Article
    Last edited by Broncosfreak_56; 05-11-2006, 05:54 AM.
    sigpic

No matter... VD was already gone. We passed on Ngata as it was, the only other playr I would have wanted was Huff, and I think Cutler may help us more in the long run than him anyways.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

We would have gotten Cutler.

Article

Comment

That second round pick was only a few spots ahead of the third rounder, so that's not that much of a difference. Our fourth rounders were near the end of the round.

We would have given a bit more up, but not tons.

Anyway, we would have given a bit more up, but not by tons.

They were likely afraid that Detroit had Cutler rated higher than Leinart and that he wouldn't fall past them.

Anyway, that would certainly have been a worse situation for us. We'd have to pay him better for being picked even higher and we would have had fewer draft picks, but the situation wouldn't have been all that different. We could have likely picked up Scheffler with our third, so it wouldn't have been that different of a draft except that we may have had one fewer fourth rounder.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
          That second round pick was only a few spots ahead of the third rounder, so that's not that much of a difference. Our fourth rounders were near the end of the round.

We would have given a bit more up, but not tons.

Anyway, we would have given a bit more up, but not by tons.

They were likely afraid that Detroit had Cutler rated higher than Leinart and that he wouldn't fall past them.

Anyway, that would certainly have been a worse situation for us. We'd have to pay him better for being picked even higher and we would have had fewer draft picks, but the situation wouldn't have been all that different. We could have likely picked up Scheffler with our third, so it wouldn't have been that different of a draft except that we may have had one fewer fourth rounder.
          As it says in my sig . . .

(Just kidding, Owl. Had to dig on you a little bit. )

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            As it says in my sig . . .

(Just kidding, Owl. Had to dig on you a little bit. )

-----
            Man.

I was just in the middle of an all-nighter.

Haha. Glad I didn't drive like that.

(By the way, I sent you a CP, but I forgot to sign it, so that's from me.)

I'll be going to sleep now.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
              ...for the bills eighth pick!!! look

Article
              What's funny is that the Bills very likely would have still gotten Whitner at #15. Obviously there are no guarantees, even though Whitner was almost universally considered a reach at #8. But I think it would have been worth the risk if I had been in the Bills' position.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
              X