Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raiders | Team to part with Sapp?
    Wed, 24 May 2006 11:49:02 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Oakland Raiders could part company with DT Warren Sapp, who could then be reunited with Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli.

If the Raiders do part ways with Sapp I would rather make an offer to him. He will demand more money than "Big Daddy" but he can still get after the QB and play the run.

He would be likely to come to Denver over Detroit since the Broncos are ready to make a Super Bowl run and the Lions are, well, the Lions.

I'm not sure what our cap number is or if it were even possible to entice Sapp to Denver but that would solve our interior line question.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
      Raiders | Team to part with Sapp?
      Wed, 24 May 2006 11:49:02 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Oakland Raiders could part company with DT Warren Sapp, who could then be reunited with Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli.

If the Raiders do part ways with Sapp I would rather make an offer to him. He will demand more money than "Big Daddy" but he can still get after the QB and play the run.

He would be likely to come to Denver over Detroit since the Broncos are ready to make a Super Bowl run and the Lions are, well, the Lions.

I'm not sure what our cap number is or if it were even possible to entice Sapp to Denver but that would solve our interior line question.
      i really doubt Sapp could be coming here........he would kill our cap, and he wants the money

(oh great, and now a (insert person here) thread has begun

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
        i really doubt Sapp could be coming here........he would kill our cap, and he wants the money

(oh great, and now a (insert person here) thread has begun

I wasn't interested in starting a new thread over the issue that is why I added the thought to this existing thread.

I'm also not trying to start a rumor that Sapp could be coming here but I'm saying if I had to choose between Sapp and a higher price tag that we could afford and Wilkerson and a lower cap price I would go with Sapp because he can do more and will be a greater threat in the middle.

It is a slow time of year and it seems that some people are a bit touchy. People are complaining there isn't anything to discuss and at the same time upset when people post things to discuss. So I guess we will just have to let this time of the month pass and we will all look forward to the complainers cheering up as the season approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
          I wasn't interested in starting a new thread over the issue that is why I added the thought to this existing thread.

I'm also not trying to start a rumor that Sapp could be coming here but I'm saying if I had to choose between Sapp and a higher price tag that we could afford and Wilkerson and a lower cap price I would go with Sapp because he can do more and will be a greater threat in the middle.

It is a slow time of year and it seems that some people are a bit touchy. People are complaining there isn't anything to discuss and at the same time upset when people post things to discuss. So I guess we will just have to let this time of the month pass and we will all look forward to the complainers cheering up as the season approaches.
          oh, well in that case thanks for that heh, Sapp would be a good addition, i just dont see us forking even more money over to yet another player, just doesnt seem like The broncos

Comment

I live in Michigan, so I've seen my fair share of Big Daddy's game. On a one year deal I think he'd be a very solid aquisition to help solidify the DT position. That being said, if Sapp is an option, GO GET HIM BRONCOS.

Comment

Working...
            X