Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Bell - Anyone Know how he is doing (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    Any news yet on MBell in camp

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    Bump, any new info on how he is doing at camp

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by NBudris
    Don't bother looking at sf chronicle not it.. I get that newspaper.

But I don't read AZ republic to often unless its some big news or somthing.. I know that most Newspapers are not tooo reliable source atleast going by denverpost and rockymountain even though they are good reads
    So you give the one source I say is unreliable

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    Whats the latest on Mike Bell????

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostdawg
    There you have it Nburdis!!!
    Thats from the Denver Post where Nburdis says they dont believe because its all hooblah.....just like the KC star is most of the time :wave:

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos008
    I saw him being quoted as saying it too, since you say you can't believe the denver post I tried to find the first place I saw it but all l I can find is the one from the denver post:

The Denver Post - Safety, running back missing from draft
    By Mike Klis and Bill Williamson

"Bell coming home

Mike Bell said he told some NFL teams he would rather go undrafted and be a Bronco than be selected by them.

He got his wish.

The tailback from Arizona - who lived in Denver until he was 11 and grew up idolizing John Elway - was one of six undrafted free agents Denver agreed to terms with Sunday.

"This is a dream come true," Bell said. "I'm going to fight to make that team. That's my team."
    There you have it Nburdis!!!

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    yea he will,

Originally posted by CB Bronco Fan
    I think mike bell makes the team and is in the RB rotation.

in like 3-4yrs.

Leave a comment:

• CB Bronco Fan
    replied
    I think mike bell makes the team and is in the RB rotation.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos008
    replied

But I don't read AZ republic to often unless its some big news or somthing.. I know that most Newspapers are not tooo reliable source atleast going by denverpost and rockymountain even though they are good reads
    I saw him being quoted as saying it too, since you say you can't believe the denver post I tried to find the first place I saw it but all l I can find is the one from the denver post:

The Denver Post - Safety, running back missing from draft
    By Mike Klis and Bill Williamson

"Bell coming home

Mike Bell said he told some NFL teams he would rather go undrafted and be a Bronco than be selected by them.

He got his wish.

The tailback from Arizona - who lived in Denver until he was 11 and grew up idolizing John Elway - was one of six undrafted free agents Denver agreed to terms with Sunday.

"This is a dream come true," Bell said. "I'm going to fight to make that team. That's my team."

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Who actually knows what shanny is thinking

Leave a comment:

• WildHorse
    replied
    Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
    he's never done it before and he wont do it now. shanny knows he doesnt have to go get a rb of that caliber and pay him all this money. name one rb he's done it with. and u really think Maroney would have been the highest paid rb on the team. Wow. What has he done in the NFL to deserve that kind of money. If we would've drafted Maroney it was bye to one of the rb's we have now. b/c from what i've seen from shanny is, he only dresses 2 rb's mostly throughout the year. And has a fb that can play rb. But in all honesty, shanny wouldnt of drafted Maroney. He never drafts rb;s in the first rd for the past 11-12 yrs. it was just to lite a little fire under Bell's butt to work harder.
    I DO think Maroney would've been the highest paid RB on the team if he'd have been selected in the first round. While you are correct that NONE of the 1st round draft picks have done anything to "earn" that kind of money in the NFL, the fact of life is that they do get paid, generally, according to their draft position. So, if Maroney had been selected by the broncos at number 10-15 he would've been paid accordingly. Thus he would've become the highest paid RB on the broncos.

I do agree with you that it's unlikely for Shanahan to draft a RB in the 1st round because he's been so successful drafting later and finding gems that fit his system better. I think he was tempted to draft Maroney because he fits the system, but only if he couldn't have reached Cutler.

Leave a comment:

• DAYNETRAYNE
    replied
    well,

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    DT if Shanahan wanted to bring in a back of that caliber he would pay them to do so. Had we drafted Maroney I would venture to guess he would have been the highest paid back on the team.
    he's never done it before and he wont do it now. shanny knows he doesnt have to go get a rb of that caliber and pay him all this money. name one rb he's done it with. and u really think Maroney would have been the highest paid rb on the team. Wow. What has he done in the NFL to deserve that kind of money. If we would've drafted Maroney it was bye to one of the rb's we have now. b/c from what i've seen from shanny is, he only dresses 2 rb's mostly throughout the year. And has a fb that can play rb. But in all honesty, shanny wouldnt of drafted Maroney. He never drafts rb;s in the first rd for the past 11-12 yrs. it was just to lite a little fire under Bell's butt to work harder.
    Last edited by DAYNETRAYNE; 06-07-2006, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostdawg
    Let me see if I can find it where he was saying he hoped teams passed him up after it got to round 5!! I think it was AZ Republic or SF Chronicle!!

I will see if I can find it

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    I want a link ghost I don't believe you.

Let me see if I can find it where he was saying he hoped teams passed him up after it got to round 5!! I think it was AZ Republic or SF Chronicle!!

I will see if I can find it

Leave a comment:

• Ghostdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Link?

and how is that turning down being drafted?

NO RB in the 5th round on will get a fair share of playing time as a rookie in the NFL...
    I never said he told teams not to draft him? I think the other dude said that!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X