X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Tha rizzock
    look at our O-line seriously hes underated your the first person who has ever said lamont isnt a good back. 3rd down you have got to be kidding me. Lamont will be a way better back next season i mean it was his first season starting he put up good #s and did what he could behind that O-line.
    I went and edited my post, have a look at that. I said how i feel about Lamount at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    the raiders can get to that mark like i said it happend before.
    example...... i dont see it, and i mean recent, last 2-3 years

Leave a comment:

• Tha rizzock
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    It can happen, but give me the most recent example of a team going from 4-12 or worse to 9-7 or better.....

Good is above average so above 8-8 is good

the raiders can get to that mark like i said it happend before.

Leave a comment:

• Tha rizzock
    replied
    Boy are really really setting your self up for a dissapointment.
    Im sorry and your kinda new but your being more homer than the Bronco fans on thier own BOARD

Lamount Jordan is a freaking third down back.... He catches good, runs decent but doesnt belong as a feature back. Its fine if you want to call him good enough, but 1000 yards and 11 TDs doesnt make you good.

He didnt convert good, for gods sake he was 12 in the DPAR ratings last year. barely ahead of Tater Bell (spilt carries) Bus, Fast Willie (both split carries) Corey Dillon (injured half the year) and Ricky Williams (didnt play much last year)

If you call that company around you good, well i suggest you look at other backs in the AFCW

look at our O-line seriously hes underated your the first person who has ever said lamont isnt a good back. 3rd down you have got to be kidding me. Lamont will be a way better back next season i mean it was his first season starting he put up good #s and did what he could behind that O-line.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider
    Of course it'll be difficult, every year in the NFL is difficult. Shell coming back is the best hiring since gruden departed from oak-town. Its a 100% upgrade from the past 3 miserable years. And as far as goin from 4-12 to GOOD, well, it happens every year. Teams go from horrid to good...its definitely not impossible, and that will be proven this year.
    It can happen, but give me the most recent example of a team going from 4-12 or worse to 9-7 or better.....

Good is above average so above 8-8 is good

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    hold up did you just say look at our RB hes very underated and a good RB behind a bad O-line look for him to break out this season they guy in his first start had 1000 yards, 70 recptions and 500 yards with 11 Tds. Our D had players hurt and added real players for the posistion just look at the roster now if not this season the next one were going to make the playoffs.
    Boy are really really setting your self up for a dissapointment.
    Im sorry and your kinda new but your being more homer than the Bronco fans on thier own BOARD

Lamount Jordan is a freaking third down back.... He catches good, runs decent but doesnt belong as a feature back. Its fine if you want to call him good enough, but 1000 yards and 11 TDs doesnt make you good.

He didnt convert good, for gods sake he was 12 in the DPAR ratings last year. barely ahead of Tater Bell (spilt carries) Bus, Fast Willie (both split carries) Corey Dillon (injured half the year) and Ricky Williams (didnt play much last year)

If you call that company around you good, well i suggest you look at other backs in the AFCW

EDIT- he was alos ranked 17 in succes rate and in the DVOA scales...once again below average, most of his company was half injured players or RB's that split carries.

Now i do think Lamont Jordan will get better, i supported him last year. He proved me wrong but i still believe he will be a good back in a year or two, but statistically he isnt lookin good
    Last edited by GridironChamp; 06-04-2006, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    This isn't smack, this is offseason talk about the Raiders.....If it smack words suck, sitnk, and dont deserve would be involved and they arent.

True you guys improved but to go from 4-12 to GOOD in one offseason when you stuck with more a 3rd down back. And when you dont know your starting QB might, will be very difficult and wont happen this year...
    Of course it'll be difficult, every year in the NFL is difficult. Shell coming back is the best hiring since gruden departed from oak-town. Its a 100% upgrade from the past 3 miserable years. And as far as goin from 4-12 to GOOD, well, it happens every year. Teams go from horrid to good...its definitely not impossible, and that will be proven this year.

Leave a comment:

• Tha rizzock
    replied
    This isn't smack, this is offseason talk about the Raiders.....If it smack words suck, sitnk, and dont deserve would be involved and they arent.

True you guys improved but to go from 4-12 to GOOD in one offseason when you stuck with more a 3rd down back. And when you dont know your starting QB might, will be very difficult and wont happen this year...

thats not unheard of many team have went from a poor record to a good team.

Leave a comment:

• Tha rizzock
    replied

Look at your QB, then your RB then then your D, then just maybe then try to post intelligently

Agreed

Hmmmm how did your last SB visit go?
    And how long has it been since you've won a SB too?

hold up did you just say look at our RB hes very underated and a good RB behind a bad O-line look for him to break out this season they guy in his first start had 1000 yards, 70 recptions and 500 yards with 11 Tds. Our D had players hurt and added real players for the posistion just look at the roster now if not this season the next one were going to make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Our last superbowl visit, in 2002, went horribly. How did your last SB visit go? Was it in this millenium? Didnt think so. Look at our RB? OK...looking....yep, hes a RB, and a damng good one. Look, if he could rush for over 1000 yds behind the crap line we had last year, than imagine what he can do this year. All new coaching staff, several of which are hall of famers...gallery back at LT, where he belongs...we drafted a beast of a guy this year at RG....we can continue this in the smack forum if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied

Look at your QB, then your RB then then your D, then just maybe then try to post intelligently

Agreed

Our last superbowl visit, in 2002, went horribly. How did your last SB visit go? Was it in this millenium? Didnt think so. Look at our RB? OK...looking....yep, hes a RB, and a damng good one. Look, if he could rush for over 1000 yds behind the crap line we had last year, than imagine what he can do this year. All new coaching staff, several of which are hall of famers...gallery back at LT, where he belongs...we drafted a beast of a guy this year at RG....we can continue this in the smack forum if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Nothing lasts forever. 4-12 is history now. We're now 0-0. Dwell on that all you want, but moss does like it in oakland, and we will be good this year. We became instantly better just in signing shell back as head coach. He should have never been fired to begin with. Anyway, try winning a playoff game...no, better yet, try winning a superbowl....than report back to me with your "smack".

Agreed

Leave a comment:

• OaklandxxRaider
    replied
    Wow lets watch the language, welcome to the boards, and Denver fan constintly pull some reports form a Denver reporter that is baises and says wierd things....But so does every other fan on here.

I dont know how Moss can love a 4-12 team, i dont think anyone loves a 4-12 team but if you think that more power to you

Big expectations, your just setting your team up to fail even more.....
    Nothing lasts forever. 4-12 is history now. We're now 0-0. Dwell on that all you want, but moss does like it in oakland, and we will be good this year. We became instantly better just in signing shell back as head coach. He should have never been fired to begin with. Anyway, try winning a playoff game...no, better yet, try winning a superbowl....than report back to me with your "smack".

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    you guys have to be kidding me with a blog blurb LOL that outrageous that stupid reporter doesnt no his head from his ass!! Moss loves it here in Oakland. He also knows were going to be good next season.
    Wow lets watch the language, welcome to the boards, and Denver fan constintly pull some reports form a Denver reporter that is baises and says wierd things....But so does every other fan on here.

I dont know how Moss can love a 4-12 team, i dont think anyone loves a 4-12 team but if you think that more power to you

Big expectations, your just setting your team up to fail even more.....

Leave a comment:

• Tha rizzock
    replied
    Wassup rizzock!!!

what up i made it LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X