Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil will be a BEAST!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HolyDiver
    Hey, um, not to change the subject, but when does school start back up?
    What are you talking about

    Why so when i go to school i cant make you look like a fool throughout the day
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Colorado69
      I have a life. I have a great organization and team to root for. I am a homer and proud of that fact!!! I would just love to see Dumervil rip the NFL apart, become another Karl Mecklenburg (sp), and keep his great laugh. He had alot of fun at the Fan Fair.
      I have a really strong feeling he could. He is exactly what we needed. All this talk about him being small I think is his advantage. Look for him to have 8-10 sacks this season.
      ...............................................

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HolyDiver
        I have a really strong feeling he could. He is exactly what we needed. All this talk about him being small I think is his advantage. Look for him to have 8-10 sacks this season.
        If he plays like he did at the Senior Bowl that won't happen. He was a complete non-factor at the senior bowl and got shutdown.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

        It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kmartin575
          If he plays like he did at the Senior Bowl that won't happen. He was a complete non-factor at the senior bowl and got shutdown.
          He was going up against D'brickashaw, the production or lack thereof is understandable.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by T8KNOVR
            He was going up against D'brickashaw, the production or lack thereof is understandable.
            Then I guess he will suck going up against KC with our offensive line.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

            Comment


            • Here are some quotes from the daily practice reports at the Senior Bowl (from www.nfldraftcountdown.com):

              At defensive end Louisville's Elvis Dumervil just looks out of place physically but didn't do too bad in drills, although he is a liability against the run.
              Elvis Dumervil of Louisville and Darryl Tapp of Virginia Tech struggled due to a lack of size and might drop a bit.
              Stock Down
              9. Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville
              Measured in at only 5-11 and did not stand out in the practices.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

              It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by T8KNOVR
                He was going up against D'brickashaw, the production or lack thereof is understandable.
                Number 1- He will playing Ferguson's in the NFL, he wont be playing bad OTs he will be playing other good players. If he can do it against bad OTs but not good OTs thats hardly worth this whole thread.

                #2- Freeny still can beat the best OT in the NFL but Dumervile obvisiouly couldnt do it in NCAA

                So i would hope that everytime he plays good OT's he doesnt suck if this thread is what it says
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                  Number 1- He will playing Ferguson's in the NFL, he wont be playing bad OTs he will be playing other good players. If he can do it against bad OTs but not good OTs thats hardly worth this whole thread.

                  #2- Freeny still can beat the best OT in the NFL but Dumervile obvisiouly couldnt do it in NCAA

                  So i would hope that everytime he plays good OT's he doesnt suck if this thread is what it says
                  #1- This was one week in time, he wouldn't be the first kid to have a bad week of practice leading up to a Bowl Game. Don't forget that during his first three years at Louisville, Dumervil combined for 86 tackles, 19.5 for loss, 12 sacks, and one forced fumble. In 2005 he had 63 tackles, 23 for loss, 20 sacks, and an NCAA record 11 forced fumbles. Dumervil won the Big East Defensive Player of the Year Award, Hendricks Award(Best DE), Nagurski(Best defensive player in the nation). All that and there is no doubt he will get better. These are some quotes that speak to Dumervil's continued progression in 2005.

                  "He has made great improvement in generating the hip flexibility to make plays in pursuit and has also improved his redirection skills to be more effective working in space."

                  "His improved hand usage allows him to get through trash much better than he did in the past (kept his arms too short, letting blockers engulf him)."

                  "Dumervil's improved ability to use his hands in order to control offensive tackles lets him apply constant pressure on the quarterback. He hits with a thud, resulting in a high amount of forced fumbles (see 2005 Kentucky and Oregon State games)"

                  It looks like he has consistently gotten better so I doubt the evolution process stops at Invesco.

                  #2- 2003-2006 Pro Bowl DE Dwight Freeney has sacked Drew Bree's and Jake Plummer a total of 3 times. So Grid can " Freeny still can beat the best OT in the NFL"? By your analogy that would not be the case. However, a bad day shouldn't negate a career. Read #1 agin. He also had 78 sacks in high school.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by T8KNOVR
                    #1- This was one week in time, he wouldn't be the first kid to have a bad week of practice leading up to a Bowl Game. Don't forget that during his first three years at Louisville, Dumervil combined for 86 tackles, 19.5 for loss, 12 sacks, and one forced fumble. In 2005 he had 63 tackles, 23 for loss, 20 sacks, and an NCAA record 11 forced fumbles. Dumervil won the Big East Defensive Player of the Year Award, Hendricks Award(Best DE), Nagurski(Best defensive player in the nation). All that and there is no doubt he will get better. These are some quotes that speak to Dumervil's continued progression in 2005.

                    "He has made great improvement in generating the hip flexibility to make plays in pursuit and has also improved his redirection skills to be more effective working in space."

                    "His improved hand usage allows him to get through trash much better than he did in the past (kept his arms too short, letting blockers engulf him)."

                    "Dumervil's improved ability to use his hands in order to control offensive tackles lets him apply constant pressure on the quarterback. He hits with a thud, resulting in a high amount of forced fumbles (see 2005 Kentucky and Oregon State games)"

                    It looks like he has consistently gotten better so I doubt the evolution process stops at Invesco.

                    #2- 2003-2006 Pro Bowl DE Dwight Freeney has sacked Drew Bree's and Jake Plummer a total of 3 times. So Grid can " Freeny still can beat the best OT in the NFL"? By your analogy that would not be the case. However, a bad day shouldn't negate a career. Read #1 agin. He also had 78 sacks in high school.
                    I didnt say that made him bad...but your excuse for him doing bad was because he was playing a good OT. If thats the case then he wont be any good. BTW 78 sacks in highschool means nothing, i know a kid that scored 12 goals in soccer in high school, my friend scored 45 points in basketball, and i know a kid that won every race he ran in track. Im not spouting off calling them the Next best ________ (blank) because high means nothing and college is just a small show for the NFL (football wise). Read Kmarts quotes, those mean nothing.

                    What matters is how he will produce and Dumervile wont ever be in the game long enough to produce numbers = to a great or a good DE. Yes he migh have 7 sacks in a season but like 10 tackles. Thats not good at all.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                    ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                      BTW 78 sacks in highschool means nothing
                      That is unreal,how can you say it means nothing?

                      Will it translate to the Pos?who knows. But to say its nothing shows what you really know.


                      Gonna go out on a limb here and say thats 78 more sacks then you ever had

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        my friend scored 45 points in basketball
                        Again, one game does not examine a player the way a season or career does.

                        Dumervil has been great at every level so far. If he gives the Bronco's 7 sacks like you said he will be almost 50% more production then Trevor Pryce in 2005. So I guess you would say the Trevor wasn't good when he had the 7+ sack years?

                        "What matters is how he will produce and Dumervile wont ever be in the game long enough to produce numbers = to a great or a good DE. Yes he might have 7 sacks in a season but like 10 tackles. That's not good at all."

                        The comment about the 10 tackles does not even warrant a written response, just read below.

                        Dumervil when starting
                        2005 - 65 tackles
                        2004 - 52 tackles
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DrewB
                          That is unreal,how can you say it means nothing?

                          Will it translate to the Pos?who knows. But to say its nothing shows what you really know.


                          Gonna go out on a limb here and say thats 78 more sacks then you ever had
                          #1 im still in highschool and number two have you ever seen highschool football? It is nothing no competition to players that end up in the pros.... Yes its good numbers but it means diddly doo...
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                          ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by T8KNOVR
                            Again, one game does not examine a player the way a season or career does.
                            Niether does Highschool thats the point

                            Dumervil has been great at every level so far. If he gives the Bronco's 7 sacks like you said he will be almost 50% more production then Trevor Pryce in 2005. So I guess you would say the Trevor wasn't good when he had the 7+ sack years?
                            Different Pryce is an everydown DE Dumervile isnt... And no Pryce wasnt ever an elite DE

                            "What matters is how he will produce and Dumervile wont ever be in the game long enough to produce numbers = to a great or a good DE. Yes he might have 7 sacks in a season but like 10 tackles. That's not good at all."

                            The comment about the 10 tackles does not even warrant a written response, just read below.

                            Dumervil when starting
                            2005 - 65 tackles
                            2004 - 52 tackles
                            NFL and NCAA are different....especially when the RBs he is trying to tackle his just as big as him.

                            I guess i dont see how you KNOW that Dumbervile is a beast and there is no way he cant only be a pass rushing DE... But thats what homerism gets you
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                            ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                            Comment


                            • Dumervil will more than likely either be starting by mid-season or will be on the field atleast half of the time alternating equally with Ekuban or Lang.
                              ...............................................

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HolyDiver
                                Dumervil will more than likely either be starting by mid-season or will be on the field atleast half of the time alternating equally with Ekuban or Lang.
                                Exactly, he will be alternating in and out most of his career as long as there are half way decent DE's in front of him in my opinion. Now he could always be the next Feeney but i very highly doubt that he will nor can you call him that.
                                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                                ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X