Dumervil will be a BEAST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Exactly, he will be alternating in and out most of his career as long as there are half way decent DE's in front of him in my opinion. Now he could always be the next Feeney but i very highly doubt that he will nor can you call him that.
    Well put, he is more of pass rush situation hard nickle for say. Him and Alston coming out are pretty impressive and well built.. do to size differences.... they could be great but is way to earlly to compair to other non proto type size different players.

Dumervil has shown that he will not give up in college and puts a lot of heart. Has good statistics but you can't really put anything on College statistics just how they played.

There is a lot of players that lack multiple things that make up it different areas.

Dumervil will be a Beast!!........... that depends if he is able to adapt to NFL level, able to use size difference into his favor, has good work ethic in NFL, and able to go against top tier offensive linemen.

I would say he struggled against Brickshaw... even though he is a BEAST! Does that mean he is less of a Beast now... well.. he needs improvement before he is considered Elvis "the beast" Dumervill

and im out

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
      Well put, he is more of pass rush situation hard nickle for say. Him and Alston coming out are pretty impressive and well built.. do to size differences.... they could be great but is way to earlly to compair to other non proto type size different players.

Dumervil has shown that he will not give up in college and puts a lot of heart. Has good statistics but you can't really put anything on College statistics just how they played.

There is a lot of players that lack multiple things that make up it different areas.

Dumervil will be a Beast!!........... that depends if he is able to adapt to NFL level, able to use size difference into his favor, has good work ethic in NFL, and able to go against top tier offensive linemen.

I would say he struggled against Brickshaw... even though he is a BEAST! Does that mean he is less of a Beast now... well.. he needs improvement before he is considered Elvis "the beast" Dumervill

and im out
      Well put
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

#1 im still in highschool and number two have you ever seen highschool football? It is nothing no competition to players that end up in the pros.... Yes its good numbers but it means diddly doo...
        K let me rephrase...Thats 78 more sacks then you will ever get

And I don't care if it was 8 man football, 78 sacks is very impressive,If you can't see that being in Highschool I fear there is no way to explain it to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewB
          K let me rephrase...Thats 78 more sacks then you will ever get

And I don't care if it was 8 man football, 78 sacks is very impressive,If you can't see that being in Highschool I fear there is no way to explain it to you.
          Look here homer, watch old highschool tapes of TATER Bell and he looks like the next Barry Sanders. But in all reality he is nothing but a good change in pace back as of now in his career. You call 78 sacks 78 sacks i call that highschool football in some hick schoool district where he is the only person to graduate.

I really dont give a flying F if he had 100+ sacks in one game in highschool, it doesnt matter. It was highschool. Any NFL player looks like the absolute best player in the world because of the level he is playing against.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Doesn't matter?????

Obviously, the number of sacks made by a high school player is very important if he is going to be offered a scholarship to continue playing at the next level. PeeWee, Middle School, High School, College....all are steps that must be completed successfully if a player is going to be considered for the NFL. Dumervil has excelled in all the steps, so far. Let him play and compete before he is made an All-Pro or thrown away as useless.

"What matters is how he will produce and Dumervile wont ever be in the game long enough to produce numbers = to a great or a good DE." Easy question....How do you know????? You are a fan of an opponent, so your biased opinion means diddly squat!!!! You can't read the future, even if you think so, and you are a Chef/ND homer. How unreliable can you get? Maybe the same as a Faider fan. Maybe!!!

Comment

Look here homer, watch old highschool tapes of TATER Bell and he looks like the next Barry Sanders. But in all reality he is nothing but a good change in pace back as of now in his career. You call 78 sacks 78 sacks i call that highschool football in some hick schoool district where he is the only person to graduate.

I really dont give a flying F if he had 100+ sacks in one game in highschool, it doesnt matter. It was highschool. Any NFL player looks like the absolute best player in the world because of the level he is playing against.

Not sure how I am being a homer...Just pointing out to you that 78 sacks is impressive.

Tatum's HS stats- 1225 yds and 19 td's his senior year is pretty ordinary.Not sure where you get the next Barry Sanders in those stats..Or were you just talking without knowing the facts again?

Elvis played for Jackson High School in Miami. They're a 4a school and I'm sure they graduated more then one person

Now i'm not the expert in Miami high school sports as you appear to be,but some pretty good players came out of the state of Florida.As a matter of fact they are one of the highest recruited states in the country.

You are right that it means nothing for the pro's,but to dismiss his accomplishments just cause you have an agenda really hurts your credibility

Comment

• Dumervil will be a beast.

only time can tell .

Comment

• what i cannot believe, is that this is the #1 thread... in Draft and free agency... i mean, that doesnt even belong here. i think this thread should be in general discutions.

Dumervil a beast? ... honestly.

It's not a bad thread... but about 200 replies about it?

Nobody wonders what happen with Lilie? or something.

whats next?... Jay Cutler let grown his mustache!!!!!!... and 300 posts about it.

i can imagine that already:

... "it is a fact that all the QB's throw with better accuaracy when they are well shaved"...

and someone will reply:

... " are you crazy!!!! Jay Plummer played better when he has a beard"...

and then:

... "you said it: a beard not a mustache ".

and then:

... "the thing with the mustache its than develop arm strength, by reducing accuaracy."

Well... to be honest with you i havent read all the 187 replies, but i think that other than what we saw on "broncos teevee", there's nothing left to say... Dumervil is a great DE. He got a great technique and hopefully he will play soon... in the NFL... for the broncos in the regular season.
                  Last edited by Tour; 06-15-2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tour
                    what i cannot believe, is that this is the #1 thread... in Draft and free agency... i mean, that doesnt even belong here. i think this thread should be in general discutions.

whats next?... Jay Cutler let grown his mustache!!!!!!... and 300 posts about it.

... "it is a fact that all the QB's throw with better accuaracy when they are well shaved"...

and someone will reply:

and then:

Well... to be honest with you i havent read all the 187 replies, but i think that other than what we saw on "broncos teevee", there's nothing left to say... Dumervil is a great DE. He got a great technique and hopefully he will play soon... in the NFL... for the broncos in the regular season.
                    Elvis Dumervil was drafted by the Broncos this year, was he not? He has not been signed to a contract yet so he is still merely a draft pick. Therefore, this belongs in the DRAFT & Free Agency forum.
                    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Not sure how I am being a homer...Just pointing out to you that 78 sacks is impressive.

Tatum's HS stats- 1225 yds and 19 td's his senior year is pretty ordinary.Not sure where you get the next Barry Sanders in those stats..Or were you just talking without knowing the facts again?

Elvis played for Jackson High School in Miami. They're a 4a school and I'm sure they graduated more then one person

Now i'm not the expert in Miami high school sports as you appear to be,but some pretty good players came out of the state of Florida.As a matter of fact they are one of the highest recruited states in the country.

You are right that it means nothing for the pro's,but to dismiss his accomplishments just cause you have an agenda really hurts your credibility
                      A guy at the high school I went to rushed for over 2,000 yards. He must be a great runningback prospect, huh? NOT. He's too small. High School performances mean nothing.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

what i cannot believe, is that this is the #1 thread... in Draft and free agency... i mean, that doesnt even belong here. i think this thread should be in general discutions.

and someone will reply:

and then:

Don't bother with reading through them all. You're better off with sorting old cans of paint in the garage.... or cutting toenails.... anything would be more worth while.

Most of the posts are GridironChamp saying "and see that i said that in return to what he said," or "I didn't say that," right after someone quotes what he said. Pointless posts, and people should stop encouraging him by replying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado69
                          Obviously, the number of sacks made by a high school player is very important if he is going to be offered a scholarship to continue playing at the next level. PeeWee, Middle School, High School, College....all are steps that must be completed successfully if a player is going to be considered for the NFL. Dumervil has excelled in all the steps, so far. Let him play and compete before he is made an All-Pro or thrown away as useless.

"What matters is how he will produce and Dumervile wont ever be in the game long enough to produce numbers = to a great or a good DE." Easy question....How do you know????? You are a fan of an opponent, so your biased opinion means diddly squat!!!! You can't read the future, even if you think so, and you are a Chef/ND homer. How unreliable can you get? Maybe the same as a Faider fan. Maybe!!!
                          Kepp calling me a homer, it just makes you look stupid....

This opinion about Dumbervile isnt biased, because of his size he wont be an everydown back. Tell me how that is biased and actually make a good point and i'll shut up.

Until then you shut up and quit posting this ridiculasly bad crap

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

My credibility

Your basing your opinion on Dumbervile because of highschool stats. So if thats the case i guess you are all ready drooling over my friend. As a freshmen in highschool on the football team he had 22 TD's and 975 rushing yds as a FB. I guess that means he will be a beast in the NFL
                            O yeah, HE ISNT EVEN A STARTER, highschool stats mean nothing i dont care if you came from Miami, Hawaii, Cali. or New York, name another player on Dumbervile's high school football team that is the NFL right now.

There you go no competition = domination by an NFL caliber player

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

and someone will reply:

and then:

and then:

... "the thing with the mustache its than develop arm strength, by reducing accuaracy."

And this is why it keeps going on

People like you that cant that cant see he might not be great. I never said he would suck, i just said he wont be a BEAST. And that seems to upset some Bronco fans, IDK why they cant see he might not be great, and the possibility of him not being great are a lot higher than him being great.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

My credibility

Your basing your opinion on Dumbervile because of highschool stats. So if thats the case i guess you are all ready drooling over my friend. As a freshmen in highschool on the football team he had 22 TD's and 975 rushing yds as a FB. I guess that means he will be a beast in the NFL
                                O yeah, HE ISNT EVEN A STARTER, highschool stats mean nothing i dont care if you came from Miami, Hawaii, Cali. or New York, name another player on Dumbervile's high school football team that is the NFL right now.

There you go no competition = domination by an NFL caliber player
                                If your friend is a Fullback then I guess he won't be playinmg TE anytime soon. As far as Dumervil goes, he had 20 sacks last season. He obvioulsy knows how to get to the QB. He's quick and strong, compact, really the perfect size of a DE the BRONCOS have been looking for. Not the Chiefs, not the Raiders, the BRONCOS. He will fit in well....................oh, in my opinion I should say. ( should go without saying, but I won't take any chances with you).

Comment

Working...
                                X