Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cswil
    All of the above. Champ Bailey.
    The rules changes have really changed the way that CBs are playing these days. There will be some toast jobs, more gambles, more flags. None are going to be true "shutdown" corners anymore now that they cant get their hands on them as much. CBs are at a disadvantage against WRs, especially those huge fast WRs like TO/Moss. The good ones still make plays, support the run, make gambles that pay off, and lets you take your mind off of one side of the field. That is Champ Bailey.
    Wow this is almost identical to my assumption of Bailey being a shutdown CB, that i posted in GD yesterday

I agree, you got a CP coming your way good post
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
      What am i looking for?

Better overall? you coulda just said that.

They are uncomparable. Different time periods different rulse

But if i had to take one for one game, the SB, i would take Oneal. But the better overall CB is Wright.

Wright had 26Ints and he is too old to see passes deflected. That is big to a CB
      Do you even know who Louis Wright is?

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyDiver
        Do you even know who Louis Wright is?
        Older CB for Denver, in the probowl what 5 times? or was it 6

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
          Older CB for Denver, in the probowl what 5 times? or was it 6
          Older? Yeah, I guess you could say that. He retired around 1987.

Comment

Older? Yeah, I guess you could say that. He retired around 1987.
            Before i was born = older to me

And i know that the stats recorded then werent very good cause they dont have Pdef

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Louis Wright was a great CB on a great defense. He is from the orange crush days, so HD loves him, since HD is about 67 years old. Dont get him started on Otis Armstrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by cswil
                Louis Wright was a great CB on a great defense. He is from the orange crush days, so HD loves him, since HD is about 67 years old. Dont get him started on Otis Armstrong.

You like Otis too.................

Comment

• Hello HD....

I hadn't heard Louis Wright's name in a long time. I kept hoping that he would be at the Alumni table at the Fan Fair. He was special, as he had good height and speed. He hit very well also. I hope the current defense matures into another Orange Crush. Too many fans today never got to watch the Crush do its thing year after year. I did get Coach Joe Collier's sig at the Fan Fair. I think Dumervil would have fit the personality of the Crush teams. He is undersized, but has great instincts and several great moves as a DE. Shanahan has already mentioned moving him around on the line. Kinda reminds me of Karl Mecklenburg and his versatility. Preseason should be fun this year to see some impressive rookies.

Comment

• Where is the option for 0 on this poll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorado69
                      I hadn't heard Louis Wright's name in a long time. I kept hoping that he would be at the Alumni table at the Fan Fair. He was special, as he had good height and speed. He hit very well also. I hope the current defense matures into another Orange Crush. Too many fans today never got to watch the Crush do its thing year after year. I did get Coach Joe Collier's sig at the Fan Fair. I think Dumervil would have fit the personality of the Crush teams. He is undersized, but has great instincts and several great moves as a DE. Shanahan has already mentioned moving him around on the line. Kinda reminds me of Karl Mecklenburg and his versatility. Preseason should be fun this year to see some impressive rookies.
                      Denver doesn't have the defensive line to be completely dominant on defense. They also don't have an Atwater at safety.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

• KC advice on defense?????

I think I'll pass on the information on defense from KC. When your defence can make a top 10 appearance, then you have room to evaluate the Bronco's defense. The Orange Crush was a 3-4 defense and had an excellent coordinator to design it for the personnel he had on hand. Gradishar belongs in the HOF. If Dumervil performs similar to Mecklenburg, he will be well loved in Denver.

Comment

I think I'll pass on the information on defense from KC. When your defence can make a top 10 appearance, then you have room to evaluate the Bronco's defense. The Orange Crush was a 3-4 defense and had an excellent coordinator to design it for the personnel he had on hand. Gradishar belongs in the HOF. If Dumervil performs similar to Mecklenburg, he will be well loved in Denver.
                          Can you make a post that doesnt talk smack on a team?

You get on me for talking smack, in everyone of your posts you make a pathetic jab at the Cheifs for absolutly no reason. You know what that means? insecurity about your own team

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Yeah, people forget Rubin Carter was "listed" at 6'..................Jackson was around 5'11 as well. Dumervil's height is not an issue. Neither is Darrent Williams' at 5'8''......................Darrell Green was 5'8''. I love it when Chief fans try to tell us about the Broncos. Our D-line will be very good even without Pryce. We'll have the best Seconday and Linebacking crew in the league to help that line anyway. We are one Defensive player away from complete DOMINANCE. And that one guy could very well be Dumervil.

Comment

Yeah, people forget Rubin Carter was "listed" at 6'..................Jackson was around 5'11 as well. Dumervil's height is not an issue. Neither is Darrent Williams' at 5'8''......................Darrell Green was 5'8''. I love it when Chief fans try to tell us about the Broncos. Our D-line will be very good even without Pryce. We'll have the best Seconday and Linebacking crew in the league to help that line anyway. We are one Defensive player away from complete DOMINANCE. And that one guy could very well be Dumervil.

Perhaps you expect a little too much from Dumervill.

Comment

Lets see some links HD.

YOUR D-LINE SUCKED WITH PRYCE and now its going to be better that he is gone

And yet i dont see Dwill or Green mentioned anywhere in the thread, also i never knew they played the same position as Dumbervile. When did they switch, or did Elvis switch?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X