Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil will be a BEAST!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    Strength and hands dont have nothin to do with each other. Yes they compliment each other and maybe technique of one can hurt the other but strength or use of hands cant hurt them. He uses his hands good, he can controle the blocker, until clinched. THen thats when his strength (after the originol burst) plays a part to him getting stopped alot more than if he was strong. But strength can be built up, more time in the gym, body size and style cant. Your stuck with your build, and Hali has a good build for a DE and Dumbervile doesnt.



    Alright, apparently, you have never played D-line before. If his upper body strength is poor, his abilty to punch (no literally) is impaired due to a lack of strength.

    Once again, I like how y'all stray away from my main point.
    Last edited by Nick7; 06-06-2006, 07:24 PM.
    Go Huskers.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SimonSteele
      And to top this thought off, Hayward had a bunch of sacks in his last season for us against nobody teams in games that didn't matter (such as Tennessee), but that didn't stop him from being considered a premiere pash rusher in the free agency and then proving he was while playing in Jacksonville.

      But he was on a real defensive line in jacksonville. two tackles that could find there ass with both hands. he got lucky in the move had he stayed in denver he would have been hit and miss depending on who he played against. kc would have swallowed him whole. might have gotten lucky against oakland

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Nick7
        What I do now about Hali, is that one negative about him was that he relied on pure strength and burst to get to the QB.

        I've also heard he has poor upper body strength, which translates into not using their hands as well, something Dumervil is known for doing very well.
        against big east teams and who knows how many D-2 teams.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by PJDIII
          against big east teams and who knows how many D-2 teams.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsc...d=97&year=2005

          Hmm, I'm not seeing all the D-II teams you were talking about, but w/e....
          Go Huskers.

          Comment


          • #50
            Usual Chef fan......lost!!!!

            Since you obviously do not know why the Broncos cut Duke, I'll let you know. He had suspect knees from the very beginning and has had several surgeries on them already. If Duke had broken his wrist, or seperated a shoulder, the reaction to his injury might have been different. But, since it was ANOTHER knee injury, the team stopped pursuing him as a project. Your comment, "Its just a feeling, like i had with Duke." is not the brightest expression, since you were unaware of the facts behind the main reason for Duke's failure and resulting cut. You don't know any more about Dumervil than you knew about Duke. You and your buddy Chef fan are "out-to-lunch" again, since you have failed to learn about the subject prior to jumping onto the board and making a fool of yourself. The Bronco defensive linemen have commented on Dumervil's abilities and are impressed because he already has a wide variety of techniques that he employees with great effects. Tamba Hali has the weakness of inexperience at the position and several reports expressed his lack of techniques, slow getting-off at the snap, inability to express good football instincts and learn to read keys, inconsistency, and tending to play upright. Several analysts called the draft pick a reach at the point he was chosen. For you two Chef fans to degrade Dumervil is rediculas. Calling a Bronco fan expressing pleasure over the play of a Bronco rookie a "homer" is a bit hypicritical on your part. I hope you realize that your comments are not respected because you haven't backed them with any facts whatsoever. I guess that just makes you guys Anit-Bronco Homers. You need to make some sense when you post. Oh, I forgot, if you had any sense you wouldn't be Chef fans!!!!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Colorado69
              Since you obviously do not know why the Broncos cut Duke, I'll let you know. He had suspect knees from the very beginning and has had several surgeries on them already. If Duke had broken his wrist, or seperated a shoulder, the reaction to his injury might have been different. But, since it was ANOTHER knee injury, the team stopped pursuing him as a project. Your comment, "Its just a feeling, like i had with Duke." is not the brightest expression, since you were unaware of the facts behind the main reason for Duke's failure and resulting cut. You don't know any more about Dumervil than you knew about Duke. You and your buddy Chef fan are "out-to-lunch" again, since you have failed to learn about the subject prior to jumping onto the board and making a fool of yourself. The Bronco defensive linemen have commented on Dumervil's abilities and are impressed because he already has a wide variety of techniques that he employees with great effects. Tamba Hali has the weakness of inexperience at the position and several reports expressed his lack of techniques, slow getting-off at the snap, inability to express good football instincts and learn to read keys, inconsistency, and tending to play upright. Several analysts called the draft pick a reach at the point he was chosen. For you two Chef fans to degrade Dumervil is rediculas. Calling a Bronco fan expressing pleasure over the play of a Bronco rookie a "homer" is a bit hypicritical on your part. I hope you realize that your comments are not respected because you haven't backed them with any facts whatsoever. I guess that just makes you guys Anit-Bronco Homers. You need to make some sense when you post. Oh, I forgot, if you had any sense you wouldn't be Chef fans!!!!
              A typical clueless homer Bronco fan.....
              before DUke when to NFLE the Broncos said that this was Duke's last chance to prove that he is worth a spot the team.

              And Wesely DUke sucked in NFLE and add his knee injury it leads to aa bust.


              ANd who said Hali was a BEAST? i never did, and how do we have no facts? Im pretty sure Kmart and me proved all we need to.... IF sacks are sacks the Gocangs is best DE out of college

              Talk aboutt making a fool of yourself i dont think you even read the thread....


              SO please o please research before you ever try to insult again HOMER
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

              ^^^Get used to it.^^^

              Comment


              • #52
                Did I accidentally wander into the Smack forum?

                I was trying to find the 2006 Draft and Free Agency forum . . .

                -----

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by topscribe
                  I was trying to find the 2006 Draft and Free Agency forum . . .

                  -----
                  ur there top, its just a heated disagreemeent
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                  ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by GridironChamp
                    ur there top, its just a heated disagreemeent
                    Yes, I know a couple guys who know all about those.

                    You might ask them about it when they get back . . .



                    *just trying to be a friend*

                    -----

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Nick7
                      What I do now about Hali, is that one negative about him was that he relied on pure strength and burst to get to the QB.

                      I've also heard he has poor upper body strength, which translates into not using their hands as well, something Dumervil is known for doing very well.
                      While Tamba Hali isn't the strongest or fastest guy out there, I compare his workout numbers to those of Jared Allen's coming out of college.

                      Jared Allen:
                      4.88 40 yard dash
                      13 reps of 225 bench press

                      Tamba Hali:
                      4.86 40 yard dash (has been timed faster though)
                      18 reps of the 225 bench press

                      Jared Allen seems to be incredibly weak and slow, yet that hasn't stopped him from gaining 20 sacks and 7 forced fumbles already in his NFL career, something that most defensive ends never do in there first couple of years. Tamba Hali has the same non stop motor that Jared Allen has so I have no reason to believe that he cannot be just as good if not better than Allen. He is certainly a better athlete than Jared Allen.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                      It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by topscribe
                        Yes, I know a couple guys who know all about those.

                        You might ask them about it when they get back . . .



                        *just trying to be a friend*

                        -----
                        Well i guess top thats a good point
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                        ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by kmartin575
                          While Tamba Hali isn't the strongest or fastest guy out there, I compare his workout numbers to those of Jared Allen's coming out of college.

                          Jared Allen:
                          4.88 40 yard dash
                          13 reps of 225 bench press

                          Tamba Hali:
                          4.86 40 yard dash (has been timed faster though)
                          18 reps of the 225 bench press

                          Jared Allen seems to be incredibly weak and slow, yet that hasn't stopped him from gaining 20 sacks and 7 forced fumbles already in his NFL career, something that most defensive ends never do in there first couple of years. Tamba Hali has the same non stop motor that Jared Allen has so I have no reason to believe that he cannot be just as good if not better than Allen. He is certainly a better athlete than Jared Allen.
                          Elvis Dumervil:
                          4.68 40 yard dash
                          29 reps of 225 bench press

                          Does this mean Dumervil is twice as strong as Allen?

                          And because his numbers are better than both of theirs', he will much better than
                          Allen.


                          Go Huskers.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Nick7
                            Elvis Dumervil:
                            4.68 40 yard dash
                            29 reps of 225 bench press

                            Does this mean Dumervil is twice as strong as Allen?

                            And because his numbers are better than both of theirs', he will much better than
                            Allen.


                            You're not getting my point. Jared Allen should be a crappy player if you just base his play off of his workout numbers. However, he has produced more than most defensive ends do in there first two years in the league. DE Mike Kudla should be the best DE out there since he did 44 or 45 reps, right? Wrong. Good workout numbers does not always make a good player. Tamba Hali was the best DE prospect in this years draft after Mario Williams.
                            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

                            It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Chef Homers

                              It doesn't show much brainpower to go to another team's post and try and convence them that their rookie sucks while your rookie is destined for greatness. As for your buddy homer agreeing with you, two peas in a pod and the pod won how many playoff games last year? You haven't proven anything and you haven't backed up your biased claims with facts. Your BS may work back on the Chef board, but here you have to use real facts and not your version of fantasy to prove your point. Hali was drafted higher than expected and has many problems to overcome to be a useful player in the NFL. Most defensive linemen come into the league with little or no technique established. Dumervil is an exception, according to his teammates, as he has already shown several different methods and moves to enhance his pass-rushing abilities. Hali is not very experienced, is inconsistent, and needs to learn several new techniques to have a chance at success in the NFL. You and your BBQ-friend attempt to degrade Dumervil when you obviously know very little about him. Read and listen to at least some of the reports and videos before trying to say something factual. You haven't done your homework, so go back to KC and try and find some facts before you foolishly make unfounded assertions. As Dimervil and Hali are both just raw rookies, no one knows how they will turn out, but at least use facts and not biased opinions to try and make your point.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by kmartin575
                                You're not getting my point. Jared Allen should be a crappy player if you just base his play off of his workout numbers. However, he has produced more than most defensive ends do in there first two years in the league. DE Mike Kudla should be the best DE out there since he did 44 or 45 reps, right? Wrong. Good workout numbers does not always make a good player. Tamba Hali was the best DE prospect in this years draft after Mario Williams.

                                I get what you're saying, but you're putting your trust in Hali because he has better numbers than someone who plays better than his numbers. You're disagreeing with yourself...

                                If you would've caught my drift in my last post, you would've realized that I know numbers aren't everything....
                                Go Huskers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X