Dumervil will be a BEAST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    The pass defesne wasn't in the middle of the pack. If memory serves me correctly you all were ranked somewhere in the mid 20s.
    We like 29th and you guys were like 27th so i would suggest to leave that one alone
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDiver
      Middle of the pack....................LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Um, I don't know if you know this or not. But middle of the pack teams are usually not very good. .................well...........like the Chiefs. If the Broncos don't have one of the top 3 Defenses this season, I'll consider that unacceptable. But middle of the pack looks good on you guys though. ...................I bet they throw in a free bowl of soup with that prestigious honor.
      Hmmm with an average Defense the Chiefs miss the playoffs by one game, but the Broncos have a top 5 D and O and still get smoked at home in the playoffs.

I wonder how good the Chiefs would be with the number 3 ranked D.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
        I'm sure he's more impressed by a team that routinely makes the playoffs...
        yeah this post has alot to do with Tikie Barber and KC's defence and LJ and Broncos defence doesnt it?

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
          Hmmm with an average Defense the Chiefs miss the playoffs by one game, but the Broncos have a top 5 D and O and still get smoked at home in the playoffs .

I wonder how good the Chiefs would be with the number 3 ranked D.

Key parts of that sentence.
          Go Huskers.

Comment

yeah this post has alot to do with Tikie Barber and KC's defence and LJ and Broncos defence doesnt it?
            Uhh, yes it does. Just tell me, who would you rather play for that year?

BTW, Tiki rushed for 200+ yards...LJ rushed for 140. Because we rotate backs so much, none of ours were able to compare to LJ that game, but we were only 9 yards away from that total.

Sure takes the gleam off that one a bit...
            Go Huskers.

Comment

BTW, Tiki rushed for 200+ yards...LJ rushed for 140. Because we rotate backs so much, none of ours were able to compare to LJ that game, but we were only 9 yards away from that total.

No it doesnt

LJ torched you guys like Tike torched us thats my point but i guess you cant but two and two together.

and figures you didnt even read the sentence you just skipped to your 1 minded part but thats typical for you Bronco fans

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

And as a team total the Chiefs rushed for just over 170 yards, so you were not as close.
                "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

This is one of them there forehead slapping threads.

I read post after post of bickering about silly things.

To start, yes, Hali was a reach at that point in the first round, but he was still rated at least a second rounder across the board. Most media had him as an early second rounder, but it's understandable that a hard working guy like him would be well sought after by the Chiefs. I think that their error was not trading back for another pretty high draft choice and still going after him.

Most of the scouts had Tali rated higher than Dumervil.

At the same time, Dumervil was exactly the type of guy that you want to go for in a fourth rounder. He's the type of guy that fell because of his size primarily. This means that it's entirely possible that he could be one of a whole bunch of guys to overcome their apparent weakness and have good careers in this league.

Dumervil does have good pass rushing moves, but he has a ton to prove before we even consider the possibility of him starting for us, let alone being a "beast".

Right now, as it stands, he's down behind several players on the depth chart.

A lot of scouts had Dumervil as a first day talent and we got him in the second day, so he could well be considered a steal.

Oh, and about Duke, Duke was an intriguing prospect who had a ton of potential because of his athletic ability and because of his size. I honestly believe that the coaches were considering starting him next year, but he has a long history of injuries to his knees and this new one may have ended his chance at having an NFL career.

I don't know any fans that expected him to be like Gates. Of course, like every team, we have some homers, so I'm sure that such fans existed, but more it was a case of wishful thinking than realistic expectations. We pointed to Gates to show that it is entirely possible.

As for the Chief's defense, it was not bad last year. It was nowhere close to as good as ours, but it was improved from prior years. And because their offense is just so damn good (And it really is that good), their defense doesn't need to be fantastic for their team to be good.

Here is my full analysis of their defense from a prior thread:

Passing Defense: They allowed the 13th lowest completion percentage in the league last year and the 27th yards per completion. They pulled in the 14th most interceptions, but still only got the 26th most sacks. They allowed the 21st lowest QB rating.

Their pass defense was bad again this year, but it improved from last year when it was horrible. If they get Ty Law, there's a chance that it could improve to below average or even average.

According to DVOA, the Chiefs actually ranked 5th in DVOA against first WR. They ranked 24th against #2 WR, and they were also horrible against TEs and RBs in the passing game.

Patrick Surtain did very well for them last year. Ty Law would also help them quite a bit and Hermy should help them too, but it would be shocking to see them have a huge improvment in the passing game next year even if they land Law. Their front four isn't as good as desired.

Rushing Defense: Kansas City ranked 20th allowing 4.1 yards per carry last year. Of course, with an offense like theirs, their lack of a run defense matters a bit less. They still allowed the seventh fewest total rushing yards.

Their first round pick in the draft was a defensive end who is supposed to be good against the run and the pass, but who most people had a second round prospect. He might help their pass and run defense a bit. Probably not tons, but he'll likely help a bit.
                  By the way, you Chiefs fans have got to stop complaining about all of the Broncos homers. Argue your point with them that they are unrealistic in their thinking, but also realize that every team has homer fans. They will always exist.

Well, actually, teams like Arizona probably have less optimistic fans, but Denver has a lot of homer fans that expect a lot of undrafted free agents and late round picks because we've had some success in the past.

But, tell me that you guys don't have some fans that expect every draft pick to be good players and are disappointed when they aren't. Sure, they're in the minority, but every team has homers. Just keep that in mind and don't let that fact get you bent out of shape.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Wow, people are putting so much stock in Dumerville be a stud because of "in commons" he has with a good player.

You the know the last Bronco that had alot of "in commons" with a good player was Wesely Duke. And some homer fans are gonna keep telling you he was released due to knee surgerory. Well if he was the next Gates im pretty sure you would keep him on IR until he is better His performance in NFLE was his last chance to prove to Denver that he deserved to be there, and obvisiouly he didnt.

So my point?
                    SOmetimes i may be wrong, most the time i will be right But the last a situation like Dumerville came up i was right, and i think i will be this time. Dumerville might serve as a great 3rd down Pass Rush DE, but nothing more, and he can power rush like Freeny. Freeny may use his speed mostely but he will bull rush you if your on your heels. If Dumerville does that, he gets inside big Tackles and get manhandled.
                    Stop Hatin slim, Tamba Hali is undersized too and if you watch college ball Dummervil looked way better than Hali, you'll see when he sacks pops (Trent Green ) on ThanksGiving! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

No it doesnt
                      My point is, look how far you guys got with that one win against us. Your great defense didn't get you to the playoffs, even though y'all have one of the best offenses in the league. We didn't get to the AFC championship soley on our offense. Just incase you, or your grandpa, didn't remember, the AFC championship is one step away from the superbowl (somewhere you were about 30-40 yrs ago?).

LJ torched you guys like Tike torched us thats my point but i guess you cant but two and two together.
                      True, LJ had a great game. I don't know if ''torched'' is the correct term for his performance, though. First of all, more than half of his yards were in the 4th quarter. Not that they didn't count...but that shows that his runs were gained at big chunks at a time, which isn't really consistent (once again, not that they didn't count ). In you encounter with the Giants, Tiki rushed for 220 yards. LJ got roughly two-thirds of that. LJ's came from big holes being opened up, Tiki's came from power-running in which he broke many tackles. Tiki was also consistent throughout the game, unlike LJ. This isn't really a matter of ''putting two and two together.''

and figures you didnt even read the sentence you just skipped to your 1 minded part but thats typical for you Bronco fans
                      I think you're confusing yourself...
                      Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                        And as a team total the Chiefs rushed for just over 170 yards, so you were not as close.
                        Well if you want to ccompare totals for LJ:Bronco Backs, it would be 140:116...

...because we were down much of the time, we passed more and didn't really run as much....
                        Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                          This is one of them there forehead slapping threads.

I read post after post of bickering about silly things.

To start, yes, Hali was a reach at that point in the first round, but he was still rated at least a second rounder across the board. Most media had him as an early second rounder, but it's understandable that a hard working guy like him would be well sought after by the Chiefs. I think that their error was not trading back for another pretty high draft choice and still going after him.

Most of the scouts had Tali rated higher than Dumervil.

At the same time, Dumervil was exactly the type of guy that you want to go for in a fourth rounder. He's the type of guy that fell because of his size primarily. This means that it's entirely possible that he could be one of a whole bunch of guys to overcome their apparent weakness and have good careers in this league.

Dumervil does have good pass rushing moves, but he has a ton to prove before we even consider the possibility of him starting for us, let alone being a "beast".

Right now, as it stands, he's down behind several players on the depth chart.

A lot of scouts had Dumervil as a first day talent and we got him in the second day, so he could well be considered a steal.

Oh, and about Duke, Duke was an intriguing prospect who had a ton of potential because of his athletic ability and because of his size. I honestly believe that the coaches were considering starting him next year, but he has a long history of injuries to his knees and this new one may have ended his chance at having an NFL career.

I don't know any fans that expected him to be like Gates. Of course, like every team, we have some homers, so I'm sure that such fans existed, but more it was a case of wishful thinking than realistic expectations. We pointed to Gates to show that it is entirely possible.

As for the Chief's defense, it was not bad last year. It was nowhere close to as good as ours, but it was improved from prior years. And because their offense is just so damn good (And it really is that good), their defense doesn't need to be fantastic for their team to be good.

Here is my full analysis of their defense from a prior thread:

By the way, you Chiefs fans have got to stop complaining about all of the Broncos homers. Argue your point with them that they are unrealistic in their thinking, but also realize that every team has homer fans. They will always exist.

Well, actually, teams like Arizona probably have less optimistic fans, but Denver has a lot of homer fans that expect a lot of undrafted free agents and late round picks because we've had some success in the past.

But, tell me that you guys don't have some fans that expect every draft pick to be good players and are disappointed when they aren't. Sure, they're in the minority, but every team has homers. Just keep that in mind and don't let that fact get you bent out of shape.
                          Once again, great post.
                          "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncodogPG
                            Stop Hatin slim, Tamba Hali is undersized too and if you watch college ball Dummervil looked way better than Hali, you'll see when he sacks pops (Trent Green ) on ThanksGiving! GO BRONCOS!
                            Hali is undersize? that shows the inteligence here.....

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Hali is undersize? that shows the inteligence here.....
                              Yeah, I gotta agree with ya there. 275 is about perfect for DE.

Hell, I don't think Jason Taylor, Derrick Burgess, Simeon Rice, or Jevon Kearse think so either.
                              Go Huskers.

Comment

Yeah, I gotta agree with ya there. 275 is about perfect for DE.

Hell, I don't think Jason Taylor, Derrick Burgess, Simeon Rice, or Jevon Kearse think so either.
                                WHOOT we finally agree on something

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X