• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncholio
    Bench Warmer
    • Jun 2006

Defensive Tackle Situation

Am I the only one who is a little worried about our situation at DT? After Warren and Myers we have Veal and a handful of unknowns. I still think Myers is better as a good number 3 in a rotation. It would be nice to at least have some competition there. The thing is the deepest postion left in free agency is DT. The one name that keeps sticking out to me is Brenston Buckner. I just think he would look good next to Warren and compliment him well. Buckner has a few years left. He is a great locker room guy and has a high motor. If Warren goes down what do we have really? What do you all think?

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE
  • anton1287
    be nice or leave, thanks
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Mile High Guru
    Am I the only one who is a little worried about our situation at DT? After Warren and Myers we have Veal and a handful of unknowns. I still think Myers is better as a good number 3 in a rotation. It would be nice to at least have some competition there. The thing is the deepest postion left in free agency is DT. The one name that keeps sticking out to me is Brenston Buckner. I just think he would look good next to Warren and compliment him well. Buckner has a few years left. He is a great locker room guy and has a high motor. If Warren goes down what do we have really? What do you all think?

firstly... welcome....

and although a similar topic has already been disscussed earlier...

i agree...

and chances r... is that if we dont get a rb for lelie... it will be a DT or someone in the front 4....

:wave:

sigpic

Comment

• Mile High Guru
      Bench Warmer
      • Jun 2006

Thank you for the welcome. Bronco fan here stuck in Iraq and I dont get to check out the board all the time and finally decided to get in on the action. I looked but did not see any threads on the DT position and that is the one area I am really concerned with. I just cannot understand why they have not addressed this area yet. Well I guess we shall see. If Warren goes down the team of Myers and Veal just does not sound all that great. Thanks again

I NEED CP FOR MY BUNGHOLE

Comment

• broncos74310
        Practice Squad
        • Jan 2006

no, your not. i'm not too concerned though. we have warren, a fat boy that you need in the middle. the other DT should be replaced. next year in FA maybe.....

Comment

• Dean
          RIP Darrent & Damien
          • Nov 2003

I was hoping that we would draft a D-tackle in either the first or second round. However, that did not come to pass.

This looks to me to easily be the weakes position on the team nest year even barring injuries. I guess we will have to play ostrich and bury our heads in the sand.

Comment

• armedequation
            cafe official sidekick
            • Aug 2005

wont he be a little bit more expensive than we can afford?
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• rcsodak
              Step UP, or Step OFF!
              • Oct 2003

Well, the pats just traded out of a WR for DT help.....

.....something Shanny coulda/shoulda done......unless he feels they're as good as they're gonna get.
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• armedequation
                cafe official sidekick
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by rcsodak
                Well, the pats just traded out of a WR for DT help.....

.....something Shanny coulda/shoulda done......unless he feels they're as good as they're gonna get.

well see above post....anyone know where we are sitting at after signing our draft picks?
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• anton1287
                  be nice or leave, thanks
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by armedequation
                  well see above post....anyone know where we are sitting at after signing our draft picks?
                  i presume we r sitting in a fairy floss covered novelty sized back seat of a dirty rally van...

then again... we r still looking good... although i dont know if we have signed all our draft picks... i think we will still have cap room to get someone for the front 4... before the season starts....

watch this space... i think mike will get someone...

sigpic

Comment

• armedequation
                    cafe official sidekick
                    • Aug 2005

well we could get someone but the major thing is who our money situation is gonna alow us to get
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• anton1287
                      be nice or leave, thanks
                      • May 2006

well we could get someone but the major thing is who our money situation is gonna alow us to get
                      yes... that... and alos the fact that there is not much quality DT's in the free agent market... so the best option we have is trade... with someone... anyone...

money alone wont get us the skill....

sigpic

Comment

• armedequation
                        cafe official sidekick
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by anton1287
                        yes... that... and alos the fact that there is not much quality DT's in the free agent market... so the best option we have is trade... with someone... anyone...

money alone wont get us the skill....

so the two best that i see are buckner and ellis....not sure how a trade for lelie would work. What kind of cap penalty will we have if we trade lelie?
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• anton1287
                          be nice or leave, thanks
                          • May 2006

so the two best that i see are buckner and ellis....not sure how a trade for lelie would work. What kind of cap penalty will we have if we trade lelie?
                          im not sure... i think he is on a 5 year contract worth $7.1 million with a $3.3 million signing bonus..

so maybe like a million or so... but the penalty would be a one off... cos this is his last yr anyways...

and i like buckner...

but i dont know why the steelers would want lelie...

sigpic

Comment

• TXBRONC
                            Captain
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mile High Guru
                            I agree we could use a better quality in front of Myers but I don't think Buckner would be the answer. Buckner might have a few years left in him I have doubts about it.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Colorado69
                              Special Teams
                              • Jun 2004

Faith.....

There are three months before the beginning of the real season, so alot of changes can occur in that time. IF the coaches see the need for a drastic improvement at the DT position, then something will happen. After all the whining and complaining about the preseason trades and free-agency pickups last year, of which most worked out well, have a little faith in the team to solve their problems. I would like to see a trade involving Lelie to get a quality DT. There will be more options with cuts and injury-forced changes on teams. I know it is somtimes a dirty word, but patience is the word.

Comment

Working...
                              X