Rashon Powers-Neal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TD Machine
    Listen up because he's obviously clueless? It is pretty funny noticing how you are losing in basically every argument you start so you resort to low levels. I'm glad you "know he wont take his job this year, but going for KJ's next". That sure must be great having the ability to look in the future and acknowledge upcoming events.
    Like Colorado said, KJ is a very well respected player for our team and has Mike Shanahans unconditional trust. You dont think Mike appreciates what KJ does to his running game?

Im thrilled we got this Powers-Neal. But trying to tell us that he will just take KJ's spot in a year is
    A) laughable
    B) unreasonable
    It is neither laughable or unreasonable.. that is going pretty shallow saying somthing like that with out backing yourself up.

He has a lot better hands then KJ but his run blocking needs improvement should be a quick learning with his RB mentality.

I think it is very realistic that he has the oppurtunity in taking his job next year.. specially with Cutler taking Jakes.. whats better then a true gunslinger with a bunch of people that have good hands

Comment

If we were in need of a Fullback, i may feel diferently. But we do need another TE. Alexander sucks in my opinion. And Sheffler will take a season or so to develope. Powers-Neal could be our #3 TE even. Carswell is still a question mark. Duke is gone, so is Landon Trusty. .................So, it's either Jackson, Leach or a guy with great hands and can block ( I'll add this part for Grid) Like a FULLBACK.

Comment

FB-TE is a pretty big difference bro.. Come on now. Whens the last person you seen go from a HB-FB to TE

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
          FB-TE is a pretty big difference bro.. Come on now. Whens the last person you seen go from a HB-FB to TE
          Good thing Thomas Edison didn't say..................wait a minute, this light bulb thing may not work. When was the last time someone made a light bulb............

You know, even without seeing Powers-Neal, not that I remember anyway, I'm just thinking of other possibilities that could land him some playing time. What about the TE from Philly in the late 80's. He was a Fullback at first. ....................Here, I'll go look it up and bring you his name.

Keith Byers......................Started off as a Fullback, switched to TE.

Comment

Isn't going from Linebacker to DT a tough switch..................Keith Traylor

Or WR to TE--------------Shannon Sharpe

How about QB to WR--------------The Freak from Jacksonville

TE- Tackle------------Dwayne Carswell

QB-WR--------------Marlin Brisco

Tailback to Fullback....................Too many to mention.

Runningback(Fullback) to TE-------------Todd Christiansen and Keith Byers to name two.

Changes happen all the time. Why do you think Fullback to TE is so difficult. Look at Nate Jackson. No way he can block better than a Fullback when he was playing WR.

Comment

Originally posted by HolyDiver
              Good thing Thomas Edison didn't say..................wait a minute, this light bulb thing may not work. When was the last time someone made a light bulb............

You know, even without seeing Powers-Neal, not that I remember anyway, I'm just thinking of other possibilities that could land him some playing time. What about the TE from Philly in the late 80's. He was a Fullback at first. ....................Here, I'll go look it up and bring you his name.

Keith Byers......................Started off as a Fullback, switched to TE.
              80's Byers... I am sure he played some TE then.. in college or what not.. maybe played some FB.

you said it your self with out seeing neal.. Thomas edison dont know about football.. and then again thinking you can convert anyone from FB to TE you are making a laughing stock of yourself to every one that has played the game..

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                80's Byers... I am sure he played some TE then.. in college or what not.. maybe played some FB.

you said it your self with out seeing neal.. Thomas edison dont know about football.. and then again thinking you can convert anyone from FB to TE you are making a laughing stock of yourself to every one that has played the game..

By referring to him as "anyone' you are the one cutting him down. I'm saying, it sounds like he has all the tools to make the switch. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god I'm worried about you.

Comment

Isn't going from Linebacker to DT a tough switch..................Keith Traylor

Or WR to TE--------------Shannon Sharpe

How about QB to WR--------------The Freak from Jacksonville

TE- Tackle------------Dwayne Carswell

QB-WR--------------Marlin Brisco

Tailback to Fullback....................Too many to mention.

Runningback(Fullback) to TE-------------Todd Christiansen and Keith Byers to name two.

Changes happen all the time. Why do you think Fullback to TE is so difficult. Look at Nate Jackson. No way he can block better than a Fullback when he was playing WR.

Alot bigger of a difference then what you have mentioned same thing as RB-TE you don't see that and I am not going to go through TE and HB 101.

Tackle to TE are a lot similiar and is a lot easier of a transition actually fairly simple if you can catch.

I guess how you are saying it Ron Dayne coul;d be our TE this aint Madden Football and at that your Awarness would most likly drop down significantly

Comment

By referring to him as "anyone' you are the one cutting him down. I'm saying, it sounds like he has all the tools to make the switch. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god I'm worried about you.
                    has all the tools... come on if I have all the tools to play PF but I have been playing PG my whole life does not mean I can do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NBudris
                      Alot bigger of a difference then what you have mentioned same thing as RB-TE you don't see that and I am not going to go through TE and HB 101.

Tackle to TE are a lot similiar and is a lot easier of a transition actually fairly simple if you can catch.

I guess how you are saying it Ron Dayne coul;d be our TE this aint Madden Football and at that your Awarness would most likly drop down significantly
                      Not Dayne, Not Alstott, Not Rudolph the red nosed raindeer. .......................I said Powers-Neal. .....................If............... the guy is all you and your bud say he is. ...................I only say that because he's talked up as being a very good blocker with good hands and decent speed. He has pretty good size already......................................I'm guessing you didn't get any last night. But take that up with her, not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by HolyDiver
                        Not Dayne, Not Alstott, Not Rudolph the red nosed raindeer. .......................I said Powers-Neal. .....................If............... the guy is all you and your bud say he is. ...................I only say that because he's talked up as being a very good blocker with good hands and decent speed. He has pretty good size already......................................I'm guessing you didn't get any last night. But take that up with her, not me.

Man Holy.. don't get mad you are just not puting good points together. Is this how you debate

You never played football... and are not aware of the positions and the fundlementles of the game and mainly the difference in blocking from OG OT TE compaired to a FB.

He is a pretty good blocker at FB will need some improvement adapting to NFL.

But He is not a RB because he was not as good as a RB as he thought going into college.. there he went to FB after all those years go to TE.

Him being a good blocker does not mean he will at OG

Comment

• Also because you do not understand about football and only way to make any arguement you have to make it on a personel note they brought Mustard from OT to TE (his origional position)

probably because it of the whole transition thing I was telling you about

Comment

Man Holy.. don't get mad you are just not puting good points together. Is this how you debate

You never played football... and are not aware of the positions and the fundlementles of the game and mainly the difference in blocking from OG OT TE compaired to a FB.

He is a pretty good blocker at FB will need some improvement adapting to NFL.

But He is not a RB because he was not as good as a RB as he thought going into college.. there he went to FB after all those years go to TE.

Him being a good blocker does not mean he will at OG
                            Standing around or going forward a couple steps and blocking someone, just trying hold someone off....a FB has to clear a hole, they just have to push or knock someone out of the way, but he doesnt stand there and let the defenders come to him.

Its a difference in blocking thats why he will not go. That plus why would you want to take a shark out of the water? same concept with Neal and the FB position.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp
                              Standing around or going forward a couple steps and blocking someone, just trying hold someone off....a FB has to clear a hole, they just have to push or knock someone out of the way, but he doesnt stand there and let the defenders come to him.

Its a difference in blocking thats why he will not go. That plus why would you want to take a shark out of the water? same concept with Neal and the FB position.

maybe to some it up briefly it is the difference of night and day.. between blocking at both positions. Just all the fundlementels alone of your duties and just getting up to block..

I bet you put any FB up front you are going to get quite a bit of false starts for a couple of years

The D will have a hay day out there..

Comment

maybe to some it up briefly it is the difference of night and day.. between blocking at both positions. Just all the fundlementels alone of your duties and just getting up to block..

I bet you put any FB up front you are going to get quite a bit of false starts for a couple of years

The D will have a hay day out there..
                                Yep thats a good way to sum it up.....
                                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X