Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For how many years we should sign Jay Cutler?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For how many years we should sign Jay Cutler?

    I would like to hear that we sign him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
    Last edited by Tour; 07-12-2006, 08:47 PM. Reason: i confuse sign with sing

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tour
    I would like to hear that we sing him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
    I don't know the lyrics?

    What tune is it? Is it classical, jazz, hip-hop, pop, rock?

    I need more feedback!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




    formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

    I have been adopted by Chris Wade

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, if you wanted me to sing about Cutler, then fine!

      LA LA LA!! JAY CUTLER!
      YOU ARE NOT MY BUTLER!
      LA LA!!!!!

      just kidding man

      I would say something similar to Lelie, but with more money. So probably a 6 year contract that can have its last year nullified if certain stats are reached.

      Comment


      • #4
        6 years, 42 million, 15 million signing bonus

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          5 years, 18 million signing bonus, 40 million total. The signing bonus will be divided however. The last year of the contract will be around 9 million.

          Just watch and learn.
          Last edited by watermock; 07-17-2006, 11:27 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by watermock
            5 years, 18 million signing bonus, 40 million total. The signing bonus will be divided however. The last year of the contract will be around 9 million.

            Just watch and learn.
            This a Mock lock or just what you think it should be?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by watermock
              5 years, 18 million signing bonus, 40 million total. The signing bonus will be divided however. The last year of the contract will be around 9 million.

              Just watch and learn.
              9 million in the last year + bonus? If he does turn out to be good you know what we would have to pay him after that contract is up since he will only want more than he was making?

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm hoping it's at least five years since he'll be sitting on the bench for one. . . realistically, I think he'll get something similar to what Big Ben got.

                I'll say six years, 15 million with a seven million dollar signing bonus.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I found the lyrics(under Mntman´s desk)


                  Jay, Jay, he´s our man
                  If Jake can´t do it
                  Cutler can!

                  (I think Mnt has been singing this for awhile now)




                  j/k Mnt, you know I like that you have a differing opinion
                  President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter




                  formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
                  I adopted Skywalker

                  I have been adopted by Chris Wade

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You have to sign him for no less than 15 years.
                    Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.



                    Thanks, Snk16!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let him do it if he wants, he's not hurting anyone. I was about to say it doesn't bother you, but it obviously does, just ignore him or something.

                      As for Jay Cutler, I think he should get a 6 year deal, the money should be judged on the other QBs and their contracts, more respectively in Leinart.
                      Last edited by Javalon; 07-19-2006, 10:24 AM.
                      sigpic

                      :cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

                      D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

                      :logo:
                      Denver Broncos General Manager

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tour
                        I would like to hear that we sign him for 6 or 7 years. I guess that he will be the QB of the future for Denver for years and years to come. We got him in the first round so he must be expecting to be well payed i think. What do you think guys?
                        I think the Broncos have had luck with the number 7 !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                          6 years, 42 million, 15 million signing bonus

                          This is actually very likely. Maybe with a few more bucks in the total salary.

                          Maybe we should give him a contract that says: "length: By all his career". Of course if he doesnt respond as we hope, we would look bad.

                          BTW... Stop at once, of wrinting lyrics!!! its not funny ... well it is. The point is, i've already admit that i made that mistake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kapaibro
                            I found the lyrics(under Mntman´s desk)


                            Jay, Jay, he´s our man
                            If Jake can´t do it
                            Cutler can!

                            (I think Mnt has been singing this for awhile now)




                            j/k Mnt, you know I like that you have a differing opinion
                            Wow, its like freaking 8 mile.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tour
                              This is actually very likely. Maybe with a few more bucks in the total salary.

                              Maybe we should give him a contract that says: "length: By all his career". Of course if he doesnt respond as we hope, we would look bad.

                              BTW... Stop at once, of wrinting lyrics!!! its not funny ... well it is. The point is, i've already admit that i made that mistake.
                              That is not very realistic or likely. If we pay him an average of 7 mil a year, with that contract that is the average if he is including the bonus in there, then do you know how much it would cost to keep him around if he does anything with his career? By the end of that 6 years he would be making 9 mil or more a season and to resign him would eat our entire cap for however long he stays since I highly doubt he would want a pay decrease....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X