Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greg Threat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greg Threat

    I think we should pick this guy up. He's a SS from the U that was signed by the Falcons after the draft and released last month. I say bring him in to compete for a backup safety slot.

  • #2
    110% agree

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tommy1986
      I think we should pick this guy up. He's a SS from the U that was signed by the Falcons after the draft and released last month. I say bring him in to compete for a backup safety slot.
      The only reason you want to bring him in is because he is from the the "U", if he was any good he wouldn't have already been cut, even before training camp

      Comment


      • #4
        we should at least give him a shot. he could fit our system better than atlantas. and if we dont like him then we can cut him.


        Comment


        • #5
          The "U"

          Does that stand for Uneducated and Unacceptable?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Colorado69
            Does that stand for Uneducated and Unacceptable?


            There are players from the U on the Broncs (DJ Williams, Nate Webster, Kenard Lang, and Chris Myers most notably). So to bash Miami players is bashing the Broncos.

            Comment


            • #7
              if i can remember greg threat lead the hurricanes in tackles two years ago with 139. 11 were for losses. he was highly recruited out of lincoln high school in tallahassee, florida. for you that don't know that school they are considered a powerhouse in florida.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by D.J.55
                if i can remember greg threat lead the hurricanes in tackles two years ago with 139. 11 were for losses. he was highly recruited out of lincoln high school in tallahassee, florida. for you that don't know that school they are considered a powerhouse in florida.
                I would have to agree with my friend here. Plus if we are bringing in LBs left and right then why can't we do it with safeties. If it doesn't wrok out then we can just cut him. Could anyone post me the guys measureables coming out of college.
                Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever


                "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                  I would have to agree with my friend here. Plus if we are bringing in LBs left and right then why can't we do it with safeties. If it doesn't wrok out then we can just cut him. Could anyone post me the guys measureables coming out of college.
                  this was at his proday:
                  Ht Wt 40 SS LS CD LJ B vert
                  5'11 197 4.61 4.18 11.96 7.20 9ft 7 1/2 10 33 1/2

                  SS- short shuttle, LS- long shuttle, CD- cone drill, LJ- long jump,- B- bench,

                  here's the link:
                  http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/in...workouts#miafl
                  Last edited by D.J.55; 07-22-2006, 07:41 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not True....

                    This statement "There are players from the U on the Broncs (DJ Williams, Nate Webster, Kenard Lang, and Chris Myers most notably). So to bash Miami players is bashing the Broncos." is not true. I was referring to the poor decisions and test scores that the Miami players traditionally have. Review the last decade and see all the players that have social troubles, Wonderlic scores in the single digits,etc. I would hardly emphasize the University part of the name. When Miami starts producing intelligence at the rate of Stanford, Duke, Michigan, Colorado, and several other UNIVERSITIES, they may earn the letter. The egotistical attitude doesn't reflect the educational values of a UNIVERSITY.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Colorado69
                      This statement "There are players from the U on the Broncs (DJ Williams, Nate Webster, Kenard Lang, and Chris Myers most notably). So to bash Miami players is bashing the Broncos." is not true. I was referring to the poor decisions and test scores that the Miami players traditionally have. Review the last decade and see all the players that have social troubles, Wonderlic scores in the single digits,etc. I would hardly emphasize the University part of the name. When Miami starts producing intelligence at the rate of Stanford, Duke, Michigan, Colorado, and several other UNIVERSITIES, they may earn the letter. The egotistical attitude doesn't reflect the educational values of a UNIVERSITY.

                      i agree and dissagree...

                      sure..

                      the "U" are not noted for high academic achievements...

                      but then again it doesnt advertise itself as one...

                      it is one of the premier footballing universities in america...

                      and has been for many, many years...

                      does it do its job??

                      hell yes...

                      you can attend the "U" and still recieve a great education....

                      get a degree and get a good job...

                      so why does it not deserve the "letter"??



                      why does every university have to be like stanford???

                      its not like they are producing many great players...

                      but they are noted for being great for academics...

                      and they do "recruit" highly intelegent people over there...

                      where football is more of a leisure activity rather than life...

                      what america and society needs is a strong mix of both...

                      and i think right now... there is...


                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X