Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Peyton Be the Next Marino?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BVP
    And Southstander probably thinks that Elway is the best QB of all-time.
    I never said Elway wasn't. I do feel Elway and Marino are better than Manning. But Manning still has 6 or 7 seasons left in him. He could, and probably will, become the greatest QB of all time. IMO that is.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by str8jacket
      well, its tough to judge that at this point in Mannings career now isnt it? hes arguably in his prime and has plenty of years left
      And Southstander doesn't think that he will become better than Elway.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by In-com-plete
        I never said Elway wasn't. I do feel Elway and Marino are better than Manning. But Manning still has 6 or 7 seasons left in him. He could, and probably will, become the greatest QB of all time. IMO that is.
        he has plenty of years left

        isnt he in his 8th? with how much he gets hit he could play 12 more!

        as Skywalker said to me on MSN, his career stats are going to be something to behold

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BVP
          And Southstander doesn't think that he will become better than Elway.
          then thats just flat out ignorance and homerism at its best

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Southstander
            I do, The primary job of a QB is to WIN, and no other Qb won moe games then Elway. Not Marino, Not Frave, Not Montana, Not Young, No Body.


            He is top 3 in all stats and he as 2 rings, to me that is the GREATEST
            at this point, perhaps

            but when all is said and done, Peyton is going to be one of THE BEST and if not ONE of them he will be IT

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by str8jacket
              then thats just flat out ignorance and homerism at its best
              I don't think that it is. Just because he doesn't think that Manning will get more wins than Elway, or get as many SB rings doesn't make anybody a homer.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BVP
                I don't think that it is. Just because he doesn't think that Manning will get more wins than Elway, or get as many SB rings doesn't make anybody a homer.
                he used his reasoning is hes in the top 3 and has 2 rings for why hes the best

                oh please, sounds just like a homer to me

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by str8jacket
                  he used his reasoning is hes in the top 3 and has 2 rings for why hes the best

                  oh please, sounds just like a homer to me
                  I also said the he has won more games then anybody else, did you miss that part? Ok smart guy what to you use to detirme who is the greatest?
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                  Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Southstander
                    I also said the he has won more games then anybody else, did you miss that part? Ok smart guy what to you use to detirme who is the greatest?
                    At this point? i would say it would be Montana or Marino, smart guy

                    Super Bowls shouldnt define someones career, how they played the game, now ill give Credit to Elway on how he played i just think he never left an impact such as those two

                    and when it comes down to it i think it will be Manning, Super bowl or NOT

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by str8jacket
                      At this point? i would say it would be Montana or Marino, smart guy

                      Super Bowls shouldnt define someones career, how they played the game, now ill give Credit to Elway on how he played i just think he never left an impact such as those two

                      and when it comes down to it i think it will be Manning, Super bowl or NOT

                      Come on 8 you can do better then "It is how the Play the game" that is so subjective.


                      Also I never said rings define a career, I think the total picture should be used, i do it for ALL sports, reguardless if I like the team or the player.

                      If you just go by rings guys like Williams, Hostetler, Warner, etc wre better then guys like Peyton and Marino, and let's be honest they are not, But you can not go by stats alone, look how good Plummers stats where with the Broncos, and yet he was benched for a rookie.

                      Make no mistake it not "HOMERISM", I base it as I said on the total picture, of a players. Career. For Example I think that Bill Russell is the greatest Basket Ball player of all time, because he has the stats and rings.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                      Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by str8jacket
                        At this point? i would say it would be Montana or Marino, smart guy

                        Super Bowls shouldnt define someones career, how they played the game, now ill give Credit to Elway on how he played i just think he never left an impact such as those two

                        and when it comes down to it i think it will be Manning, Super bowl or NOT
                        Well, right now Southstander's reasoning sounds a little bit more convincing.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Southstander
                          Come on 8 you can do better then "It is how the Play the game" that is so subjective.


                          Arings define a careerlso I never said , I think the total picture should be used, i do it for ALL sports, reguardless if I like the team or the player.

                          If you just go by rings guys like Williams, Hostetler, Warner, etc wre better then guys like Peyton and Marino, and let's be honest they are not, But you can not go by stats alone, look how good Plummers stats where with the Broncos, and yet he was benched for a rookie.

                          Make no mistake it not "HOMERISM", I base it as I said on the total picture, of a players. Career. For Example I think that Bill Russell is the greatest Basket Ball player of all time, because he has the stats and rings.
                          You know what i see when i read your posts? Flip....Flop....Flip....Flop, READ WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED

                          If Rings dont define a career, WHY EVEN MENTION THEM?

                          Plummer had GOOD stats with us, but he could not get it DONE this YEAR, thats why he was benched for a Rookie

                          Plain and simple, how you play the game DOES INDEED define a career, look at Jake Plummer, i see "Jake the Fake" used as a nickname for him all the time because of his stats

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Bears will kill Colts, so yes.
                            XBL: The1Executioner

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BVP
                              Well, right now Southstander's reasoning sounds a little bit more convincing.
                              Do you honestly think i care about what you think is more convincing?

                              Marino > Elway
                              Montana > Elway
                              Elway > Anyone not named Montana/Marino

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by str8jacket
                                Do you honestly think i care about what you think is more convincing?

                                Marino > Elway
                                Montana > Elway
                                Elway > Anyone not named Montana/Marino
                                OMG! Maybe Montana, but not Marino. Best QB's need to win games, and Elway won the most games, and more Superbowls than Marino.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X